I don't know too many people with Blackberry's and use the Messenger.
    I am new to this whole Blackberry thing. I bought a Pearl 8120 last night and my friend told me to add her on Blackberry Messenger.

I tried adding her and it just said "pending".
    She tried adding me but all it did was send me an email to my hotmail email address.

I don't have anyone else to try and add me to find out if it's just her that's pending.

If someone is willing to msg me and ask for my pin I can try to add them or them add me.

I updated my BB to 4.5 today as well because it was hanging and whatnot.
    What does the Blackberry Messenger use to msg other people? The network? Wifi? Text? What exactly does it use??

I had my internet blocked by Rogers so I didnt accumulate any charges. Could this have been the problem?
    02-08-09 11:56 PM
    Did you have time to setup the BIS data services yet? BBM and email will not work until these are activated.

Find the service book entry in Options and see what is there. You should find entries for at least any email addresses you setup.

You don't need to have internet blocked - simply a little self-control, and maybe set the browser icon as Hidden. Asking your provider to block is risky, there's a chance they will take the easy option and disable all data services and convert your BlackBerry into a dumbphone.

I don't know too many people with Blackberry's and use the Messenger.
    I am new to this whole Blackberry thing. I bought a Pearl 8120 last night and my friend told me to add her on Blackberry Messenger.

I tried adding her and it just said "pending".
    She tried adding me but all it did was send me an email to my hotmail email address.

I don't have anyone else to try and add me to find out if it's just her that's pending.

If someone is willing to msg me and ask for my pin I can try to add them or them add me.

I updated my BB to 4.5 today as well because it was hanging and whatnot.
    What does the Blackberry Messenger use to msg other people? The network? Wifi? Text? What exactly does it use??

I had my internet blocked by Rogers so I didnt accumulate any charges. Could this have been the problem?
    02-09-09 09:09 AM
    You just answered your own question. BBM doesn't work without a data plan. So if you're not using one, can't use BBM since it has to go through their servers.
    02-09-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD