We're to start BlackBerry has been my only ever smartphone. Started to use one as a work phone 2004 have had every new phone released since then.
    As soon as the z10 was released in ireland I got it..... a the rebirth of BlackBerry as a force in the Irish market
    Well it wasn't to be no marketing what so ever considering UK had a great roll out one of the 1st countries to get BlackBerry 10 rob orr was MD of UK and Ireland then if I am correct we have the same carriers here in ireland and carphone warehouse.
    So I've got to the stage there are no BlackBerry 10 phones on sale in ireland with any carriers with the exception of Vodafone who stock q10.

This has lead me to contact BlackBerry helpless on twitter who keep telling me it's up to the carriers to carry the phones contact them so I did all have none plans to carrier z10 z30 q5 etc.
    Things have got so bad my carrier has missed the last 2 updates on 10.2 contacted them 6 days ago and they are still looking into it.

I have gone as contacting BlackBerry MD for Europe asking are there plans for ireland the silence maybe is the answer.

My contract with carrier is nearly up and all I want to do is up grade to z30 knowing some carrier in ireland will stock the z30.

If I chose to buy from amazon etc because BlackBerry ireland don't even sell there phones on there website here.

Will when the time comes for 10.3 were will I get the update from as I have asked BlackBerry helpless this also they asked me to check with the carrier?

So my question to the forum is are things as bad across the rest of the world regarding carriers not supporting BlackBerry or is it BlackBerry Ireland not arsed about what happens in Ireland.

Image shows carriers in ireland supposed to stock BlackBerry phones taken from BlackBerry ireland website

BlackBerry Ireland needs help or I do!-img_20140702_232026.png

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 05:45 PM
    You can buy the Z30 from BlackBerry Europe unlocked here: BlackBerry EU Online Store - Phones I don't know if that helps or not.

We're having the same issue here in Canada. The larger carriers have pretty much whittled down the range to just the Q10, I can only find a Z30 for sale in some of the independent retailers such as Best Buy or Future Shop. I ended up getting my Z30 directly from BlackBerry and I think that may be the future of their retail sales here, or at least a large part of them. I had to buy my accessories online from the CrackBerry Shop as I couldn't find any out in the wild.

I would imagine that with all the excitement about the Passport and Classic devices that we should see a triumphant return to the retail battlefield but I'm also pretty sure the internet is going to be an important element to shopping around in BlackBerry's near future as well.

*EDIT*

And that was my 1,000th post! Where are the balloons and streamers? I want cake, dammit!!!
    07-02-14 06:24 PM
    Congratulations on getting 1000 post have tried that link before won't deliver to ireland

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:35 AM
    Surely purchasing from Amazon sim free coupled with a 30 day sim only bill pay contract rather than a standard 18/24 month bill pay contract is the best option?

If you do the maths, sim free device and 30 day contract almost always works out cheaper overall. 400 EURO (amazon.co.uk) for a Z30 is much cheaper than buying the device from BlackBerry directly.

While I would love to see Irish carriers carrying and promoting BlackBerry devices unfortunately BlackBerry just isn't that popular here. Even if all the carriers here stocked all the devices I would still get mine from the likes of Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:55 AM
    07-03-14 04:11 AM
    Congratulations on getting 1000 post have tried that link before won't deliver to ireland

Posted via CB10
    Really? With Ireland being in Europe you'd think BlackBerry's "European" website would deliver to you. Very strange.

I didn't get cake

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    07-03-14 06:13 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Here's hoping you can find a Z30.
    07-04-14 11:02 AM
    As I'm sure most Irish people would agree with you about, any business that has a "UK & Ireland" division really has a "UK and oh bloody hell, yes we forgot about Ireland" division instead*.

*Speaking as someone whose responsibility in terms of one account is "UK and Ireland" - and yes, I'm in the UK. Not Ireland.

Sorry
    Andrew Sheil likes this.
    07-04-14 11:32 AM
    As I'm sure most Irish people would agree with you about, any business that has a "UK & Ireland" division really has a "UK and oh bloody hell, yes we forgot about Ireland" division instead*.

*Speaking as someone whose responsibility in terms of one account is "UK and Ireland" - and yes, I'm in the UK. Not Ireland.

Sorry
    agree
    07-04-14 11:43 AM
    Agree ......about a year ago I complained on BlackBerry UK and Ireland Facebook page as all competitions were only open to UK residents not long after ireland was dropped from the title ur right we are forgotten

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 12:11 PM
    Best thing to do is probably vote to rejoin the United Kingdom I would say.

Um. I probably need to start running. Fast. Right?
    07-04-14 01:16 PM
    Best thing to do is probably vote to rejoin the United Kingdom I would say.

Um. I probably need to start running. Fast. Right?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    Banco likes this.
    07-04-14 01:29 PM
    07-05-14 11:56 AM
    Welcome on-board and congratulations!!
    07-10-14 06:04 AM
    Well today my z30 arrived sold my z10 got 150 euro for it and got z30 on amazon for 190 pounds...... loving it

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:37 PM