Hi Folks,

First-time poster here! Just brought home my beautiful Curve yesterday. Have been playing with the features and I'm nervously excited to have made the leap from the Palm OS.

I'll be a BES user starting in a couple of days. While I'm waiting for that to happen, I have a couple of questions.

1. Should I bother creating a BIS account? (Are there any advantages?) I actually tried setting up my device on my carrier's BIS site yesterday, but the knob who sold me the device set up my data plan incorrectly and I'll have to wait until Monday to have the data functionality ready to go.

2. I'll be transferring my whole life from my Palm device to my Blackberry. Should I go ahead and install v4.3 of Blackberry Desktop Software now (and start importing data), or will my IT guy just be making that redundant when I get BES set up? (That is, will everything I import today be overwritten or have to be modified in some way after BES is set up? If so, I'm better off waiting to import my Palm stuff until after BES is set up...)

3. This is related to the previous question... I use Outlook for email at work, and that's what my IT guy will be enabling when he gets me set up for BES. Will I then have a choice on whether to use Blackberry Desktop Software OR Outlook for my calendar etc? If so, do folks here have strong feelings about which is better? Like I said before, my WHOLE LIFE is in my Palm, and when I take the trouble to import my calendar, to do lists, and tasks into BB, I want it to be somewhere robust.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    03-30-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD