Hello. I am proud to be a new member of the CrackBerry forums and look forward to playing a key role in future discussions.

I am new to the BlackBerry World and have a few rather important questions that I would truly appreciate a timely answer to. I hope that this is not to newbie but here it goes:

I am looking to purchase a used BlackBerry Bold (branded to AT&T and to be used on the AT&T network). When I told an acquaintance of mine that I am in the market for one he told me he would see what he could do. He later told me that he located a BlackBerry Bold and asked me if I would like to work out a deal with him. He told me that it cost him $120 because his friend works at AT&T and got him a good deal. I do not think I believe this story but none the less... I would certainly like to work out a deal with him but...

I want to make sure that the device will be FULLY functional (including being able to connect to the BlackBerry server and use the PIN on the device for use on BBM).

The acquaintance of mine does not have the best reputation (to say the least) so I want to make absolutely sure that this will be a 100% smooth transaction before any money changes hands. Once I pay him the money is gone. There will be no going back!

How do I go about making sure that this AT&T branded BlackBerry Bold is not stolen? What exactly do I ask him for? Is there anything else I need to know?

Please advice me as soon as possible!

Thank You Kindly,
    John
    05-08-09 03:14 PM
    Hello. I am proud to be a new member of the CrackBerry forums and look forward to playing a key role in future discussions.

I am new to the BlackBerry World and have a few rather important questions that I would truly appreciate a timely answer to. I hope that this is not to newbie but here it goes:

I am looking to purchase a used BlackBerry Bold (branded to AT&T and to be used on the AT&T network). When I told an acquaintance of mine that I am in the market for one he told me he would see what he could do. He later told me that he located a BlackBerry Bold and asked me if I would like to work out a deal with him. He told me that it cost him $120 because his friend works at AT&T and got him a good deal. I do not think I believe this story but none the less... I would certainly like to work out a deal with him but...

I want to make sure that the device will be FULLY functional (including being able to connect to the BlackBerry server and use the PIN on the device for use on BBM).

The acquaintance of mine does not have the best reputation (to say the least) so I want to make absolutely sure that this will be a 100% smooth transaction before any money changes hands. Once I pay him the money is gone. There will be no going back!

How do I go about making sure that this AT&T branded BlackBerry Bold is not stolen? What exactly do I ask him for? Is there anything else I need to know?

Please advice me as soon as possible!

Thank You Kindly,
    John

The fact that you even say he is a shady character would make me say no I will wait till I get the money or maybe even buy one on ebay.
    05-08-09 03:37 PM
    The fact that you even say he is a shady character would make me say no I will wait till I get the money or maybe even buy one on ebay.
    I can appreciate where you are coming from and really appreciate the advise. None the less I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and at least do a bit of research.

I do not mind doing a bit of leg work if it has the potential to pay off so well.

Assuming that I do want to at least looking into this (which I do) I kindly ask again:

Thank You Kindly,
    John
    05-08-09 03:41 PM
    Sorry to repost but I would like to speak to him today...

Thank You,
    John
    05-08-09 04:24 PM
    You could get him to give you the imei off the device and the pin number and call att and see if it is blacklisted.....thats really the only way to see before you actually get the bold.
    05-08-09 06:09 PM
    Amazon sells them for $150. Why not pay up and get it from somewhere reputable?
    05-08-09 10:50 PM
    I agree slackberry.......if he or she is that worried about it then they should just get it from some where more reputable than the shady person trying to sell it to them.
    05-09-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD