THIS HAS PROBABLY BEEN ANSWERED BUT HERE GOES THE QUESTIONS, THIS IS THE SECOND QUESTION(S) I HAVE ASKED AND THE SECOND TIME EVER TO ASK SOMETHING OVER THE INTERNET. I AM NOT A "TECKIE" PERSON. I BOUGHT THE BOLD FOR IT'S EMAIL AND REPUTATION. BUT ENOUGH!

1. I DOWN LOADED GOOGLE MAPS AND WHEN BROUGHT UP IT RUNS A SMALL BAR ACROSS AND STOPS IN ABOUT 2 SECONDS AND THAT IS IT. HOW DO I GET GOOGLE MAPS LOADED PROPERALY. HAVE AT&T. IS BLACKBERRY MAPS BETTER. FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD GPS WILL LOCATE ME FREE BUT IF I WANT TURN BY TURN DIRECTIONS IT COSTS, IF I KNOW WHERE I AM AT I CAN FIGURE HOW TO GET WHERE I WANT TO GO.

2. YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT VERSION 162 167 168 WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DO I FIND WHAT VERSION IS ON MY PHONE. IS IT IMPORTANT TO UPDATE THESE THINGS?

3. SORRY TO BE OF A BOTHER, EVEN THIS FORUM STUFF IS NEW TO ME.

ALCEDO
    11-08-08 10:28 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

First thing, posting in upper case makes it difficult to read. The fonts are designed for mixed case to make them easily readable.

2. YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT VERSION 162 167 168 WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DO I FIND WHAT VERSION IS ON MY PHONE. IS IT IMPORTANT TO UPDATE THESE THINGS?
    Then numbers are minor revisions of the operating system. They are actually v4.6.0.xxx as displayed on your Options / About page.

In general, the higher numbers indicate improvements to the system software. BlackBerry is continuing to refine the OS, it is getting better with each increment.

11-08-08 10:40 AM
    Thanks so much for the reply and telling me about the font's sorry about it, i leave my computer that way most of the time for a reason and forget to switch back. I will follow your advice next time i post a question, hopefully i will get to the point someday i can help.

Best to all,
    Alcedo
    11-08-08 10:47 AM
    Very true with the caps. It was much harder to read.

I rather use AT&T Navigator and pay the $10/mo, but that is all preference. There are free solutions for turn by turn which is Nav4All and others with long trial periods. When you say the line, does this line effect the app from starting?
    11-08-08 11:05 AM
    Hiya Crackberry moderators,

I just bought a BB Bold and would like to upgrade my BB's software via step by step info from u guys here, but when I plug in the USB cable and start my BB desktop manager nothing seemed to be working or synchronizing.

my question is:
    1. BB desktop manager is plug and play right? have I overlooked something during installation? because it's pretty much straightforward

2. try to connect via Options>Conn. Options>Tick USB....>click OK but nothing happened. Is there any other options to connect my PC with BB?

thanks for the help
    11-08-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD