First post so bare with me.

I want a blackberry to search the web and to check business emails.

I work for a small company that does not have an IT dept.

I want to be able to acess my business email.

We have verizon Fios and then a outside HOST.

We use Outlook.

Can I acess this out look account with the blackberry personal plans? or do I need to pay the extra for BES?

Thanks
    03-31-08 12:55 PM
    You only need BIS unless your employer is running an Enterprise server - which it sounds like they are not.

If your work email is just a regular old email address ([email protected]) or something similar - then BIS should do you fine.

If you have a specific email that's @yourcompanyname.com or something similar then you may want to look into what plan you need a bit further.

I have my own business - but no IT dept/enterprise server and BIS works fine for me.

*disclaimer - I'm a Crackberry n00b too - so I'm still learning as well.
    03-31-08 02:44 PM
    You only need BIS unless your employer is running an Enterprise server - which it sounds like they are not.

If your work email is just a regular old email address ([email protected]) or something similar - then BIS should do you fine.

If you have a specific email that's @yourcompanyname.com or something similar then you may want to look into what plan you need a bit further.

I have my own business - but no IT dept/enterprise server and BIS works fine for me.

*disclaimer - I'm a Crackberry n00b too - so I'm still learning as well.
    my email is [email protected]

I beleive I can use BIS, just that I will have to manually delete emails from outlook/blackberry
    03-31-08 03:10 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-31-08 05:32 PM
    You can set a rule in outlook to forward your mail to any other email account. Works very well with a BIS account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 08:23 PM
    Ask if you are using a exchange server through your outside host. I used to work for a small company who did that.
    03-31-08 08:27 PM
    Welcome 2 CB newbie...

04-01-08 01:04 AM
    welcome to cb
    04-01-08 01:31 AM
    ok, so I am getting plenty of conflicting answers when I call T-mobile and ask questions.

If I want the BIS plan for $19.99, yet want to access my company outlook can I do it?

someone say yes, so I can switch to T-Mobile and be done
    04-11-08 01:23 PM
    ok, so I am getting plenty of conflicting answers when I call T-mobile and ask questions.

If I want the BIS plan for $19.99, yet want to access my company outlook can I do it?

someone say yes, so I can switch to T-Mobile and be done
    Is your company running off a BES or BIS server?
    04-11-08 02:00 PM
    Is your company running off a BES or BIS server?
    we do not have BES.

We use a POP3 and outlook.

I want to be able to check my corporate email which is [email protected].

I do not want to have to forward it to a gmail.hotmail/aol etc account.

I understand I may have to do some sort of setting on my phone/desktop manager(anyone have a link?)

it is a simple question(I think) will the BIS plan allow me to access my email.
    04-11-08 02:12 PM
    If you have Outlook do you have Outlook web access? That would be one way.

The other would be to get the pop servers for your company and set it up under BIS as a regular email account. They get polled every 15 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD