HI! I have the BlackBerry Curve, I`ve had it since about October, and am on my third phone. I keep having prolems with SMS messaging. But only to one specific number, it freezes my entire phone trying to open, or send any messages to this number! Please help, I`ve tried a battery pull, and I`ve taken it in a couple times...nothing seems to work!
    01-08-10 03:55 PM
    HI! I have the BlackBerry Curve, I`ve had it since about October, and am on my third phone. I keep having prolems with SMS messaging. But only to one specific number, it freezes my entire phone trying to open, or send any messages to this number! Please help, I`ve tried a battery pull, and I`ve taken it in a couple times...nothing seems to work!
    Did you return the first two because of this same problem? First off, I would just stop texting that number haha j/k. This is definitely a weird problem. What did your carrier say about it?
    01-08-10 09:46 PM
    I did return it two times before bc of this problem...they said it was the memory card. I have since taken it back, and they(sprint) said there was nothing they could really do. basically they told me its just an issue that some Curves have...and I can`t really stop texting that number, it`s my fiance! ahahhaahah Thanks, any tips you could give me would be awesome!
    01-09-10 08:38 AM
    Have you kept using the same memory card in each phone? Maybe try a different memory card?

I don't really have any ideas at this point other than to try a different phone...Maybe wait til the tour2 comes out and buy one of those, then sell your 8530 to recoup some cash? If they say its a problem with the curve and some numbers, well then I wouldn't keep the curve. (especially if it's your fiance!) ya know what I'm sayin?
    Last edited by thosialg08; 01-09-10 at 08:17 PM.
    01-09-10 08:15 PM
    Okay! Figured it out, apparently my phone had a virus attached to only his number! I told him maybe it was a sign.....ahahahha Thanks for your help!
    01-11-10 10:29 AM
    Okay! Figured it out, apparently my phone had a virus attached to only his number! I told him maybe it was a sign.....ahahahha Thanks for your help!
    haha now that's funny. But with the virus, can you elaborate on that? Who told you about the virus?
    01-11-10 02:17 PM
    The tech at my Sprint store told me. He said there was a virus attached to his number. He didn`t really elaborate on what type of virus it was, but I`m sure it had something to do with some risky pictures his friends would send him! ahahahha
    01-14-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD