hey all..

after a lot of thought.. i am considering blackberry 9000 over nokia N96...
    i m getting the bold before christmas..

bold looks much sturdier.. reliable (kinda scared about the track ball issues though).. faster hardware.. way cooler than the N96

a couple of questions before i get the bold... some of 'em are really stupid but i am really concerned about thm
    1. wat is the SMS limit on the bold... my current mobile.. w810i has a limit of 200 sms and that totally sucks..
    2. wat is the email DB format in bold ??? like in MS outlook its .pst.. wat is the format that BB uses ?? also does bold come with an email client ? if so, is it compatible with MS outlook ?? i really am very much concerned about emails and thats really a big deal for me and my work ofcourse.
    3. are 16GB cards supported by bold or are there any lags and / or issues with them ?
    4. as the bold doesnt have FM transmitter inbuilt... are there any third party tools which BROADCASTS THE SPECIFIC REGIONS FREQUENCIES INSTEAD OF ALL THE 100 - 150 CHANNELS AVAILABLE OVER THE INTERNET ?
    5. is the alarm functionality good ?? does it have multiple alarms ??? are the speakers loud enough (sleep problems.. ) ??

this is my first entry into the BB world.. so hope everything goes fine..

thanks..
    12-06-08 06:51 PM
    Can answer some. Bold can take a 32 g memory card. Alarm is good and you can purchase a multi alarm or set your calender to go off.
    12-06-08 06:54 PM
    Hello and welcome to crack. I hope you get your bold...and feel it the different
    12-06-08 07:09 PM
    thanks for the reply you guys...
    it'd be helpful if you share some of your experiences on bold relating to my questions above.. also you c'd add about GPS too..
    not sure which one does bold uses.. some forums are claiming its A-GPS instead of GPS...
    12-06-08 07:36 PM
    SMS is limited to 160 characters I believe.

And you can buy BBSMart Alarms Pro (BBSmart Alarms Pro - Business & Finance BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store) in the CB Store, and you can have multiple alarms. Otherwise, standard alarm on the BB is only one.
    12-07-08 01:05 AM
    Welcome aboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD