Hey all of Blackberry/Crackberry nation

I'm Colin,

Yesterday and Today I venture more so through crackberry than I have in the past.
    As I'm looking to upgrade from my Bold 9930 to a Q10.

My device history consists as such
    I've had other phones before this > Iphone 3gs to HTC Hero to HTC Touch Pro to HTC Evo and now the Bold 9930

So I've been through the phases or smartphones and got sick and tired of all the unneeded extra's they have.
    My decision to go to blackberry couldn't have been a better one. It's by far the best phone I've had since i educated myself before purchase.
    I wanted a bare bones phone with the basics of phone calls,email,text and some browsing and the phone is absolutely perfect for that.
    I'm not what you would call a heavy user as some are here.
    For the duties that the phone couldn't handle I also picked up a 64 GB Blackberry playbook for media duty. I also haven't looked back since.

The bridge connection between the 9930 and playbook is an amazing feature that I hope gets fixed/rectified soon for BB10/Playbook integration.
    Even when the bridge connection hasn't been so satisfactory lately(even after complete wipes and restarts) I'm still a fan of it when it does work.

The reason I now signed up was to hunt down more info on the Q10 and the one app I desire and use most. As the bridge functionality has been finicky with my 9930/Playbook making the sideloaded Amazon Mp3(with cloud) next to useless.
    I'm hoping to find that it is a stable sideload on the Q10 so I can try and only carry 1 device every where I go.

Sorry about the TLDR/book introduction

I will for sure be on here most likely lurking more than posting
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-25-13 08:44 AM
    Hey all of Blackberry/Crackberry nation

I'm Colin,

Yesterday and Today I venture more so through crackberry than I have in the past.
    As I'm looking to upgrade from my Bold 9930 to a Q10.

My device history consists as such
    I've had other phones before this > Iphone 3gs to HTC Hero to HTC Touch Pro to HTC Evo and now the Bold 9930

So I've been through the phases or smartphones and got sick and tired of all the unneeded extra's they have.
    My decision to go to blackberry couldn't have been a better one. It's by far the best phone I've had since i educated myself before purchase.
    I wanted a bare bones phone with the basics of phone calls,email,text and some browsing and the phone is absolutely perfect for that.
    I'm not what you would call a heavy user as some are here.
    For the duties that the phone couldn't handle I also picked up a 64 GB Blackberry playbook for media duty. I also haven't looked back since.

The bridge connection between the 9930 and playbook is an amazing feature that I hope gets fixed/rectified soon for BB10/Playbook integration.
    Even when the bridge connection hasn't been so satisfactory lately(even after complete wipes and restarts) I'm still a fan of it when it does work.

The reason I now signed up was to hunt down more info on the Q10 and the one app I desire and use most. As the bridge functionality has been finicky with my 9930/Playbook making the sideloaded Amazon Mp3(with cloud) next to useless.
    I'm hoping to find that it is a stable sideload on the Q10 so I can try and only carry 1 device every where I go.

Sorry about the TLDR/book introduction

I will for sure be on here most likely lurking more than posting
    Welcome aboard!!!! I just fired up my 9900 and I'm using it for a bit until I can get my hands on a Q. I've got a Z but I'm really wanting to get a Q.

Glad to have you in the discussions.
    08-25-13 08:48 AM
    Welcome. I'm back and just picked up the q10 I love it's ease of use and os is great and I am not 10.2 yet! Don't use a playbook sorry I can't help there, but If you liked the older BlackBerry you will love the new!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:06 AM
    Welcome! I just rejoined after a year and a half hiatus with an Android phone.
    I'm glad to be back to Black now with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 09:11 AM
    If you're willing to install leaks and sideloads, go ahead and give 1047 a try. Installed it yesterday and it works brilliantly so far.

Never used any sideloads, but apparently the unlocked runtime works well with 10.2 (only!). So that might help you get that app.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-25-13 09:17 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Colin! Very nice introduction. I too hope BBRY will add to the functionality of the Bridge app for BB10 devices.
    08-25-13 09:26 AM
    Welcome. I'm back and just picked up the q10 I love it's ease of use and os is great and I am not 10.2 yet! Don't use a playbook sorry I can't help there, but If you liked the older BlackBerry you will love the new!

Posted via CB10
    Welcome back!
    08-25-13 09:27 AM
    Welcome! I just rejoined after a year and a half hiatus with an Android phone.
    I'm glad to be back to Black now with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome back to you too!
    08-25-13 09:28 AM
    Hey Colin,

Welcome back to the forums!
    08-25-13 09:47 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    08-25-13 10:21 AM
    Welcome aboard!!!! I just fired up my 9900 and I'm using it for a bit until I can get my hands on a Q. I've got a Z but I'm really wanting to get a Q.

Glad to have you in the discussions.
    What happened to your Iphone?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 02:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Don't immediately have a pb solution. But if you ask that question in the pb forum, hopefully, you will get some help.
    08-27-13 05:35 PM
    welcome to the forum mate !
    08-30-13 11:41 AM
    Come out of the shadows and show yourself to the Crackberry.com Nation

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    08-30-13 02:15 PM
    Small update.

Sprint came out with their One Up plan and I decided to step on up to the Q10.
    Although I was in the store for about 3 hours maybe more when they were trying to activate it.
    For anyone that has Sprint let the person know that they need to turn off wifi for the activation on their network.
    Otherwise they will think that its a bad phone from factory.
    3 service calls and a conference call to Blackberry figured that one out. :shakes head:
    I am happy with my purchase overall.
    Side loads work ok. There are some hit and miss spots on the few I have done.
    Occasional lag on opening up the settings menu.

I've already adapted to not having a track pad and back button for the most part after 3 days.
    Hub is a great feature.
    The keyboard is just as good as the Bold 9930. The straight keys take a bit of getting used to. I have not fully adapted to that yet.
    The on screen cursor can be a little finicky but I'm sure I'll adapt.
    Browser is quick.
    Playbook bridge integration works just as good as it did with my Bold 9930 if not a little better. Internet access still works.

The new Blackberry link desktop software is pretty sweet. You can wirelessly access specific folders you designate anywhere that are on your pc from your BB10 phone.
    Wirelessly transfer music,pictures,videos,documents.
    I have yet to play with it outside of my house because it was a little buggy but threads on here led me to fixing it.

Online Blackberry appworld purchases download to your phone when you purchase on your computer.

Voice recognition works pretty good as well.

I do miss the convenience key though the most.

I do plan on picking up a 9930 at a later date as a backup.

I'll try and post more about it when i find cool new things to share.
    09-24-13 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the update Colin! I just got a Q10 also (I have a Z10 and HTC One also). I thought I would miss the trackpad and back button, and in fact first time I tried the Q I DID, but much like you, I quickly adapted!
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    09-24-13 11:00 PM
    So after some time with the Q10 I said hey I'll post some uselessness again.

The phone is still amazing without a doubt.
    I'm patiently awaiting the 10.2 update from Sprint,but it seems like it will never happen.
    I haven't really adapted to the on screen cursor as I thought I would.
    Sideload still works just fine but they are glitchy at times and take a lil bit of time to open.
    Sideload apps such as Dc comics and Marvel comics work but not entirely. Meaning that I can't purchase a comic through the app.
    I have to go to their actual web site and purchase and then back to the app to download the comic to the app.
    Amazon Mp3 is an exemption and works just like it would on any android device. Occasionally I get a No internet found message. I just close out the app and re-open and it works fine.

The Blackberry worlds are different as already well known through out the forum.
    But one feature I was not entirely fond of was the video store.
    Since Blackberry world had an awesome movie sale $0.99 for select movies I bought a bunch of them.
    Thinking that the purchase information was stored on rovi's and blackberry site somehow via cloud or what not.
    Turns out it wasn't.So when I went to download the purchase to my Playbook I could not and I had to re-purchase some of the movies.
    That kinda pissed me off heavily.
    I then thought I could possibly access it through Bridge to watch on my Playbook and that didn't work either.
    So if you are going to purchase movies keep that in mind even though it says you can transfer to up to 5 devices you really cant.
    They forgot to mention that its 5 BB10 devices. The only saving grace for this is that both the Playbook and Q10 have an HDMI out.
    Screen shot attached below

BB Link is great when it works but it is glitchy as hell otherwise as already known.

Overall I'm still happy with my purchase of the phone, But I still do have a soft spot for My old 9930.
    The track pad and convenience key as previously mentioned in posts are just flat out the best part of keyboarded Blackberry's.
    Aesthetically I still prefer the 9930.The phone itself was just beautiful to look at. That has no impact on usability.It's just more of a preference.

I hope that Blackberry will make a Playbook 2 even though they said they were not interested in it.
    BB10 on a tablet would be an amazing experience.
    On a small side note as of tomorrow 1/6/14. I will be buying a very small (10 shares) in Blackberry stock and will acquire some more over time.

If I can think of any more I'll edit this or make a new post.
    Attached Thumbnails Been lurking for a year finally joined up-bb10-movie.png  
    01-05-14 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the update! Yeah that whole movie thing should have been more clearly defined.
    Glad you're still liking the Q, though!
    01-05-14 04:23 PM
    If you wait for the carriers to release an OS update, then you will be in for a long wait. I decided when I was back on the 9800 that waiting was not the waybto go, so I have been loading leaks and official updates from other carrierz. I have never had an issue. With that being said, I would recommend you download the very stable and awesome 10.2.1.1925 update. Tis OS offers so many features you will appreciate that the older OSes don't.
    01-06-14 03:13 PM
    tried loading the leak and it partially worked.
    the os and everything would load up but i had no phone signal(im assuming thats what is referred to s radio?)
    so im going to peek around a bit more to see if there is a usable leak for sprint
    01-07-14 04:37 PM
    Ok so i finally got 10.2 up and running
    just had use the 1925 update and then the 1926 radio and all is well once again

theres such a difference as everyone says
    01-07-14 07:41 PM
    Hello and welcome. I have had a variety of BlackBerry and currently have a Q which I love. I hope that you enjoy the site as much as I do.
    01-12-14 03:35 AM
    Thanks for the update Colin!!!!!
    01-13-14 11:56 PM
    Yearly check in time.
    I have since upgraded and switched carriers.
    Instead of a Q10 and sprint, I now have a Z30 on verizon.

I wanted to do a battery test to see how much of a difference it would be.
    So here is a slew of images on battery drain properties.

This example is,
    6-8 app running and one of them streaming pretty much all day.
    Spotify during the day then netflix at lunch and back to Spotify.

I can say, I'm not really disappointed at all with the life.
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150102_162931.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150102_162938.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150102_162950.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150102_162957.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150102_163009.png

Then I did a day of minimal to moderate use.

Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150104_133834.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150104_133849.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150104_133855.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150104_133906.png
    Been lurking for a year finally joined up-img_20150104_133911.png

Battery life is more than acceptable.
    Still getting used to the keyboard with flicking to type.
    But overall not a bad experience.
    Screen size is the immediate factor difference and it's great. Overall it is a really well packaged phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:28 PM
    There is something wrong with me.
    I just got a passport within the past 2 weeks, but I still want a classic.
    Even though, I know it's a lesser grade Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:36 PM