hello everyone,
    this s a great site,and i don't even have my BB yet!.i read the BB 101 lecture. great stuff kevin. my question to you guys is, i picked my carrier,AT&T,the kids have their iphones, my question is,this is my first smartphone,but I am not a business,or corporate phone user, but am tired if the regular nokias and cr*p been using, is wanting the 8900 AT&T ,too over the top for a regular user who just wants to enjoy having a very functional device? Recently got so frustrated trying to handle folders and photos with my nokia,I wanted to slam it into the wall, the 8900 seems like a fantastic phone,but am i wrong to get one because i won't use a lot of the apps??

chappy
    11-14-08 12:04 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I think you'll find that the Blackberry will grow on you. Slowly at first, then building. You'll begin to use more applications. It's just the beginning.

Enjoy the addiction
    11-14-08 06:26 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I think you'll find that the Blackberry will grow on you. Slowly at first, then building. You'll begin to use more applications. It's just the beginning.

Enjoy the addiction
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Welcome to the CB family!
    11-14-08 07:11 PM
    Hey there. I'm just a full time homemaker, butler, chef, dog groomer...ya get the point! You'll get more use out of it, you did good! Also, I have found that my teenager willingly communicates w/me more now that I can text and dwnld "coolio" ringtones for him. It was an unexpected blessing in disguise! (ILuvMyBB)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 07:16 PM
    Welcome aboard!

11-14-08 07:18 PM
    Just like all the others have said, once you have it you'll find out that you have more reasons to use all the apps than you thought you did.

Welcome to CB and good luck with your decision!
    11-14-08 07:20 PM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    11-14-08 08:12 PM
    thanks for the encouragment. I almost feel guilty for wanting one. One thing I wanted to know about BB, is I at one time ,got my daughter an AT&T smart phone. I was a windows smartphone. it locked up all the tome and the screen was useless outsde,how are they outdoors? the reviews never mention that aspect of the screens but ,to me, important. thanks. I really want the 8900!!

chappy
    11-14-08 09:52 PM
    I keep having questions pop into my head, question, can you purchse a BB without a data plan or is that just wrong?? i spend enough on iphone data plans now, can the phone function without one?? going broke fast!!

chappy
    11-14-08 09:58 PM
    i have no problems with mine outside
    11-14-08 09:59 PM
    I keep having questions pop into my head, question, can you purchse a BB without a data plan or is that just wrong?? i spend enough on iphone data plans now, can the phone function without one?? going broke fast!!

chappy
    I was told by my carrier "no". But the plan wasn't any more spendy than my previous plan.
    11-14-08 10:06 PM
    i don't think att requires you to have one
    11-14-08 10:08 PM
    i don't think att requires you to have one
    Ugh. Now I REALLY hate Alltel. lol
    11-14-08 10:09 PM
    It cost me an extra 30 a month for my bb feature which allows for the net and emailfor me. My son has unlimited txt, but can't access the net (blocked by verizon free of charge). Somewhere in this site there is a long ongoing discussion regarding your last question chappy. Goodluck!

11-14-08 10:14 PM
    Blackberries are very reliable. The reception is remarkable and crisp sound.

You can definitely use the BB w/o a data plan, but you will realize quickly how much you'll want it.

Currently the Bold is out for AT&T and hopefully soon, the Curve 8900.

I currently use the Bold and love it, but if you aren't going to use data, then the difference between the two makes the Curve 8900 the better choice as it has a better camera and is said to have better resolution (I haven't really read into it as I need 3g).

As long as you go with a Blackberry, you'll be good.
    11-14-08 10:20 PM
    duvi, you nailed it. that was my thinking regarding wanting the 8900. I wanted to use the phone without the data and see if I need it,but was concerned about the functionality of the phone, because my daughters iphone,we were forced to buy the data plan. I am glad the screens are good out doors. i am really feelin' the love now!

thanks- chappy
    11-15-08 10:04 AM
    Chappy, go on get in ur car and get ya that phone. Go chappy, go!

11-15-08 10:09 AM
    dying to,
    am going to hold out for the 8900 AT&T branded one. I hope it comes out befor the holidays,but AT&T is usually slow with phones everyone wants.

chappy
    11-15-08 10:11 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-15-08 10:48 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-15-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD