Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem with BBM. I create a group called "work contacts" and move 6 contacts to this group. The group now displays 6/6. I then move these contacts back to the general group but am unable to delete "work contacts" because it shows 0/6 contacts (but nothing is there).

I thought this was a glitch so I tried to move the contacts back. When I do so, it says 1/7, 2/8 etc... up to 6/12. This is a phantom number and it just wont go away. I tried shutting off my BB and even did a battery pull with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your input
    05-21-08 03:04 PM
    Confirmation received! This is a glitch. The problem is if you create a group and moved contacts to this new group, the old group may retain the number of contacts it previously had. This can also occur when you delete someone or they delete you. This is a sporadic issue and will not occur all the time. Only resolution at this point is to pull the battery for 20 min. then put it back in. If this does not resolve it, do multiple battery pulls and it will resolve itself.
    05-21-08 05:15 PM
    ** UPDATE **

If you have problems with your contact display number being out of sync, it most likely has to do with moving contacts, deleting someone from your list or vice versa.

After much testing, it's resolved easily. Do a battery pull, put the battery back in and allow the device to reboot.

Once booted, make a new group (ie: test) and move a single contact from whichever group displays the wrong amount of contacts. Once done, BBM should display the right amount of contacts. You can now move the contact back to it's original group and delete your "test" group.
    05-22-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD