I am really interested in getting a BB. I have never owned one before (long time WM guy) and hae only limited fondle time with one.

I love the looks and specs of the Bold. I am impressed with its functionality. But, its really expensive. I like the size of the Curve but the screen on the Bold makes up for it.

My question is the software. What differences will there be between the software on the Curve and the Bold? As I play with them in the store, they seem very similar. Are the web browsers the same? Menus? Options?

I know about the GPS/WiFi/3G concerns between the models. I could live with Edge, I think. GPS and WiFi would be nice too, but I could probably live without the WiFi.

Thanks for the info.
    11-19-08 10:28 PM
    Hi, welcome to CB!

Did you go here: BlackBerry - Compare PDAs - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution Comparison and do a compare on the phones?

I personally have the Curve and I LOVE it, but I've heard very positive things about the Bold, and have to admit, I'm tempted. :-)

This is my first BB, and the Curve is a GREAT fit for me, in form, function and features.

The Bold is slightly bigger and heavier, and I think (for me anyway) would be more uncomfortable in my front pocket, which is where I usually keep the phone. I've heard the web browser is better, but I can't speak at that since I don't have one.

In looking at the comps, the Bold has more features, and is a nicer phone. Plus, it's the new bright, shiny object!

Whatever you decide, BB's are GREAT phones, and I don't think you could go wrong with either one!
    11-19-08 11:18 PM
    Take this for what it's worth. I've never held a curve (or seen one for that matter). I kind of stumbled upon the Bold while in an AT&T store. Ended up with it and I can tell you it's VERY user friendly. I am thrilled every time I get to pull it from the holster. I love this phone. I've never had a smart phone before and didn't realize all they could do. The form and function of the BB Bold is spectacular.

Good luck in your decision!
    B.
    11-20-08 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD