are they pretty much universal for all blackberries? i have one that came w/ my old curve and now have a bold. i'm thinking of keeping my old charger that came w/ the curve and was just wondering if using that will not cause any power damage or problems to my bold?
    thanks
    10-28-08 01:24 AM
    As long as it was for a BlackBerry, it would be ok. The non BB chargers are the ones that can cause trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 01:33 AM
    As long as the voltage (or is a ampreage ) is the same as your new charger then there will be no issues, and like skullgame said if it was made for a BB it'll be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 01:57 AM
    hey thanks guys. i checked the back stats of both and its basically the same thing and even has the same model number for RIM so i should be good to go
    10-28-08 02:24 AM
    How about car chargers? Does a BB-specific car port adaptor have some kind of voltage-changing circuitry in it, or are 12VDC adaptors pretty much the same? I have, for example, a 3rd party iPod auto adaptor with a standard USB port on it, and several cables with USB and mini USB, both device-specific and generic. Since the port on my Curve is mini-USB, I'd expect it to be fully USB compliant and so any USB-compliant power input should work ... right?
    10-28-08 08:31 AM
    All USB chargers are "supposed" to follow the USB specifications. However, you will find wild variances in the output of many chargers, particularly the cheaper ones.

** The USB specification provides a 5 V supply on a single wire from which connected USB devices may draw power. The specification provides for no more than 5.25 V and no less than 4.75 V (5 V�5%) between the positive and negative bus power lines. **
    10-28-08 08:41 AM
    Fair enough, thanks. The adaptor I have is actually a fairly high-end one, since I didn't want to fry the FM transmitter for my iPod that I hook it to. That's why I'm sort of loathe to pay anothe premium for a dedicated BB car charger if I already have an acceptable one--not to mention avoiding yet another pile of wire to clutter my already-messy console.
    10-28-08 09:21 AM
    Fair enough, thanks. The adaptor I have is actually a fairly high-end one, since I didn't want to fry the FM transmitter for my iPod that I hook it to. That's why I'm sort of loathe to pay anothe premium for a dedicated BB car charger if I already have an acceptable one--not to mention avoiding yet another pile of wire to clutter my already-messy console.
    LOL, I hear ya. I suspect it won't be long (if it hasn't already happened) that the automakers will start installing USB ports in the console. Better yet... too bad someone couldn't figure out how to charge a device via a Bluetooth connection... hmmmmmm
    10-28-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD