I'm fairly new to the BB. There might be an answer here in Crackberry somewhere but I don't seem to see it anywhere. I don't even know if there is such a thing.

Does BB have a program that is separate from Outlook, Firefox, Google etc..for your desktop where you can add appointments, task, notes etc? Then sync that up with your BB.
    09-28-08 02:28 PM
    you can add google and sync that you can mostly sync just about all your calenders to your bb
    or you can use your desk top manger
    also you can add appointments to your calender thats already in your bb and/or use the task list
    09-28-08 02:38 PM
    I'm thinking of something more like what you can do with a Palm. With a Palm pilot you can add it directly to the device or to the application on your computer desktop. Then sync.

Palm pilot not a Palm phone.
    09-28-08 02:44 PM
    well i know if you download the google apps its comes with everything you need and more also you can sync with your desk top
    09-28-08 02:47 PM
    then ill try that and see hows it goes. thanks for your advice.
    09-28-08 02:51 PM
    no problem anytime
    09-28-08 02:55 PM
    I use google calander and google sync. It does the same thing you are describing. I have it set to automatically sync once a day. Of course you can do it manually anytime you wish as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 02:56 PM
    I use google calander and google sync. It does the same thing you are describing. I have it set to automatically sync once a day. Of course you can do it manually anytime you wish as well.

I agree... I used to hunger for the palm-style desktop.

However, now that I am used to the Google Calendar app, I am completely sold. Having your calendar on an external server has a lot of benefits; I can update it from anywhere with internet access. Plus, I can access the Google application from Opera on the BB (I prefer to do this, as I prefer the Google calendar to the native calendar).

Google Sync takes care of the rest.
    09-28-08 04:29 PM
    Even more great help. Didn't expect that. I'm at work now so I'm going to have check that out when I get home. Thx peeps.
    09-28-08 04:49 PM
    I use google calendar and sync it to my outlook calendar at work and my BB. Love it!

09-28-08 04:53 PM
    Ok. I have gone and downloaded google calendar. But it's not syncing up for me. I have even go into the calendar-menu-options-click calendar-change display. It's not letting me change the Wireless Synchronization. When I click on it all I get is save/close in the lower left hand corner

Is there another way of changing it so I can sync?
    10-01-08 09:00 PM
    AOL sync will sync your calendar and contacts wirelessly with AOL mail. I've used it and worked ok for the most part but not perfect. I just stick with Outlook now cause the comaptibility is incredible plus I'm syncing notes and tasks too. Its more of what I need compared to google or AOL.

10-01-08 09:07 PM
    My wireless synchronization is not letting me change it from NO to YES. How do I do that? Besides the way I did above.
    10-01-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD