I have wanted a BB forever, finally got one for Christmas (ok, an early gift) and now I am stuck, can't find my ring tones to change so I can actually hear it ring when I get a call, am fearing I am over my head with this phone, I have searched for hours for a helpful forum or site that tells me how to use it, maybe I am just scared of it? But I am almost to the point of switching to another type of smart phone, I just need to be able to get my emails when I am not at my home computer. Can anyone help me or would a simpler phone be best for me? I am using the Verizon theme, when I go to options I don't have the same things I have read in the other forums. I have had many many types of cell phones, am pretty good on computers and most software but the blackberry phone has me shaking in my shoes!
    12-20-08 11:24 PM
    take a look at the 101 link in my signature it will guide you through all of your issues. welcome to cb !
    12-20-08 11:29 PM
    Blackberry is a great phone, and welcome to CB it will be intimidating at first but then you will learn to really love it, its like no other phone you have owned

of course its not really a cell phone, its a PDA smart phone, i got it pretty much for the data and such I dont really talk on it that much so my voice plain is only about 450mins

but enjoy once you learn your phone you will love it
    12-20-08 11:36 PM
    Don't give up yet. It can seem overwhelming at first. You will learn as you go and that is part of the fun with a new device, especially a blackberry!

Read. This link (images included) to set your ringtones, alert sounds etc:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 11:41 PM
    chrisy she has an 8330
    12-20-08 11:44 PM
    I have the blackberry curve 8330, thank EVERYONE for all the responses, I am checking out each link and answer now, hopefully I can learn to love this phone!
    12-20-08 11:45 PM
    Yes, i just noticed the title! Lol.

This thread helped me when i got my bb:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/fir...-new-bb-15262/

12-20-08 11:46 PM
    YES!!!!!!! I found the ring tones tut and got it changed to high and a tone I can hear, no, I am not quite senile, just keep my phone in my purse or pocket alot and hate to miss calls!
    12-20-08 11:52 PM
    See, you've got it covered!

12-20-08 11:56 PM
    I've got the 8330 myself, and I love it! Just take your time, don't be afraid of it, and spend lots of time looking around on this site. There's a ton of info here and the members are the best.
    You just took a major step up, enjoy the addiction.

12-21-08 01:21 AM
    I have learned tons of things about it, mostly from this forum and have really really started to enjoy using it. Thank you again for your help!!
    12-21-08 06:17 PM
    it just takes time to learn the ins and outs of these things. enjoy !!!
    12-21-08 06:40 PM
    Hey, there's no need to be intimidated by these machines.
    I just got my 8330 Monday afternoon, and it is rapidly becoming my new best friend in a mechanical sense. Since 3 of my oldest kids are out on their own, and with them communicating thru various media, we are actually better connected now.

If you have difficulties with some functions, hit the logo key and bring up "help". Has all sorts of useful hints. As a driver, I now have abilities not contempated before, and I love it!

Looking forward now to upgrading to an extended battery and better bluetooth.

Enjoy!
    12-21-08 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD