Does a full back up, back up my contacts in my phone also?
    09-09-08 02:15 PM
    Backup records all your personal data and setting.

It does not include third party applications.

You can check on the data base with Advance Restore. Each database displayed with the number of entries and the total file size.
    09-09-08 02:18 PM
    Ok, yes, I knew about the 3rd party apps..i still have those in a folder on my desktop

How often is a back up reccommended?
    09-09-08 02:20 PM
    Ok i looked at advanced restore

do I leave them in the device database or move to the other side - desktop file databse?
    09-09-08 02:23 PM
    You can set an auto backup every so many day's or manually whenever you feel the need for it. You can leave the backup file where it is or move it somewhere else if you prefer. Just make sure you remember where it is if you ever need it to do a restore.
    09-09-08 02:24 PM
    So I dont have to do anything to the files that are backed up, no moving etc, and if I ever have to restore, it will know..

Whats the purpose of Desktop File Databse then..

I have it set to back up every 7 days
    09-09-08 02:27 PM
    Ok i looked at advanced restore

do I leave them in the device database or move to the other side - desktop file databse?
    I suggested "looking" at the backup databases for information only.

If you have a situation where only a part of your device data need to be restored, use the << button to move a selected data base back to your device.

Most of the time, you would choose a normal restore to completely replace the on device data.

For now, Read Only.
    09-09-08 02:27 PM
    It may not know the newest backup but you can tell. When the backup file is made it will also include the date the backup was created so you can easily tell which one is the latest backup you've created.
    09-09-08 02:32 PM
    Ok thanks for the information
    09-09-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD