Just wanted to say hello. I got my first Blackberry, an 8707v, from neweggmobile.com yesterday. It replaced my Pantech C120. I'm currently using it on an AT&T Gophone plan. Sounds stupid, but I hardly ever talk or text on my phones, and after doing the math an actual plan is a big waste of cash for me. The phone is more of a toy, though from what I've seen it's great at talking and texting. Loud and clear, with a nice keyboard.

One thing though, I can't access Medianet with it. I've heard that I needed the Service Books, which I downloaded from

forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154/

and installed on the phone, but it still won't let me use Opera to access the internet.

All I really want is to check my gmail, the news, the weather, and mapquest from time to time.

People have iPhones on gophone plans, there has to be some way to connect a Blackberry. Anyone know?
    02-15-09 11:40 AM
    Black berry has a stand alone data plan. I'm not for sure but I think u need that specific plan to go online. As for iPhone go phone probably do not need a specific plan just pay for usage. I'm not sure. Call att or visit a store for a detailed explanation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by AGreenGiant; 02-16-09 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
    02-16-09 12:57 PM
    Hi

I purchased a 8707v not long ago and had huge drama with internet connections. I downloaded both desktop and handset upgrades to get the all important tcp settings. It was only after this was I able to install and use Opera Mini.
    03-27-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD