I just got a replacement Curve after mine was stolen. The email icons for AOL accounts on my previous Curve were white envelopes and would display a red asterisk when there was email in the inbox and I hadn't at least looked at it. The new AOL icons are green envelopes and don't display the red asterisk. This makes it irritating to scroll through 4 aol accounts to find out which one has a new email.
    Any help on how to change them to the white envelopes?

Thanks!
    07-02-08 08:59 AM
    You can just hit [M] from the home screen and [U] to go to the first unread message. [M] will take you to ALL messages regardless of account.
    07-02-08 03:42 PM
    try re-sending the service books, as they should be labeled according to the acct... also go into one of the e-mails press menu> options> general options and scroll down to sms & e-mail boxes and seperate.. welcome to CB
    07-02-08 04:01 PM
    I did the same thing. I added a second AOL address to my Blackberry and it came up with a green envelope. I went in and deleted and re-added my other AOL address. It changed the white envelope to green as well. But now no asterisk when I get a new message. I tried adding and deleting again, but the white envelope won't come back. So, not sure what to do.

I tried what the others say to do, but it doesn't work. Also, when I press "m" or "u" it just brings up the m's and u's in my address book.
    07-30-08 01:05 PM
    I just got a replacement Curve after mine was stolen. The email icons for AOL accounts on my previous Curve were white envelopes and would display a red asterisk when there was email in the inbox and I hadn't at least looked at it. The new AOL icons are green envelopes and don't display the red asterisk. This makes it irritating to scroll through 4 aol accounts to find out which one has a new email.
    Any help on how to change them to the white envelopes?

Thanks!
    mine did the same thing right after i upgraded to 4.5 and after i resent the service books is when i noticed the change in the aol icons i dont have the red asterick either it just says what email account it is and how mnay messages it has for example (1) i kind of got used to the new color now
    07-30-08 01:15 PM
    I have the green envelopes also, but I found if I just go to my main blackberry email, all is there. I never check the envelopes. lol
    08-04-08 12:24 AM
    I spoke to RIM. They informed me that it is an AT&T software issue. The current blackberry software is not able to display the red asterisks. But the new version of the software will be able to.

Unfortunately, they do not know when the new version of the software will be available. And they do not inform users of the new software release. So, we will just have to check every now and then to look for the new version.

I think it will be easier to just change carriers. AT&T has sucked ever since I switched over from Sprint six months ago.

Good luck!
    08-04-08 02:25 PM
    i had the same problem with 4.2 then i upgraded to 4.5 and i have the red asterisk, so when the official 4.5 launches then the problem
    will be fixed
    08-04-08 04:09 PM
    So when will 4.5 be launched so we can all have it?
    08-05-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD