when i open an app (let's say weather), it launches the blackberry browser. but when i want to visit another site i hit the menu button and "home" or "go to" are not listed. even when i back out and reopen the browser it is the same. what am i doing?
    12-11-08 11:01 AM
    oh so i have to close the app through the menu or it continues to run, correct?
    12-11-08 11:05 AM
    Yes, closing the application the correct way through the menu will stop it from running in the background. There are a few apps that you cannot close like: Home Screen, Phone, Messages, Browser and BB Messenger. BB Messenger can be deleted, but that's only if you want to.

The answer to your other question depends on the application you are runnig. Which app are you referring to?
    12-11-08 11:10 AM
    refering to the weather app from weather.com
    12-11-08 11:22 AM
    Some apps will open the Browser within their application. The Browser acts diferently when this happens. Exit all of the way out and open the Browser as normal. Other apps are just shortcuts to a web page.
    12-11-08 11:28 AM
    Do you have Verizon? Not having the "Go To" option in browser is common after just activating the device. Remove battery while the device is still ON, wait a minute and re-install battery. You should have the go to option now...
    12-11-08 11:44 AM
    Do you have Verizon? Not having the "Go To" option in browser is common after just activating the device. Remove battery while the device is still ON, wait a minute and re-install battery. You should have the go to option now...
    SD - is that just a Verizon thing? I've never heard of that.
    12-11-08 11:45 AM
    From what i know, yes it is. This happened to me and i have told several new Verizon BB users to do this and it worked everytime...
    12-11-08 11:56 AM
    ...and it worked everytime...
    LOL, the main reason it is the #1 piece of advice when BlackBerry's act strange. It works every time.

Well... most of the time.
    12-11-08 12:42 PM
    Haha, I agree Reed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD