Good Morning all!

I am new to crackberry.com as well BB!

AT&T bought out my cell carrier, so as a bonus i got to upgrade my phone. At first I got a Pantach Duo. Which I really enjoyed. This was my first smart phone. After about 3 weeks my phone DIED! I mean fell flat on its face for no reason. There were a few things i didn't like about the phone. So I took it in to the retail store and decided that maybe a BB curve would better suit me. I really like being able to type one handed with the curve. This was not possible with the Pantach.

Being new to smartphones and really not up to date with all the lingo, I hope someone can answer a few questions for me.

Will i miss 3G? My new BB (which should be here mid week) doesn't have this. Im not sure if i even noticed it before, but i thought i would ask, cause honestly i have NO idea what it is LOL

Is there an app that will let me view and edit excel files? My 6 year old DD is a diabetic and i need to be able to update her speadsheet. After ordering the phone i relized that it doesn't run windows mobile like the Pantach did. I would like to do this with little cost.

Is there BB for Dummies out there? Cause i think i fit that bill

I hope to get to know everyone here!

Rania
    01-27-08 10:23 AM
    1. Will you miss 3G? If you depened greatly on fast opening sites on the internet browser, probably so. Your BB on AT&T will use the EDGE network, not as fast as 3G.
    2. There are a few spreadsheet and excel file viewers, BUT you need one to edit. You will need eCell by Dynoplex. If you wait a couple months you might see DataViz's Docs to Go available on the BB, just not as of yet.
    3. This BB for Dummies, BB for Experts, and BB for All. You are there.
    01-27-08 02:40 PM
    Good Morning all!

I am new to crackberry.com as well BB!

AT&T bought out my cell carrier, so as a bonus i got to upgrade my phone. At first I got a Pantach Duo. Which I really enjoyed. This was my first smart phone. After about 3 weeks my phone DIED! I mean fell flat on its face for no reason. There were a few things i didn't like about the phone. So I took it in to the retail store and decided that maybe a BB curve would better suit me. I really like being able to type one handed with the curve. This was not possible with the Pantach.

Being new to smartphones and really not up to date with all the lingo, I hope someone can answer a few questions for me.

Will i miss 3G? My new BB (which should be here mid week) doesn't have this. Im not sure if i even noticed it before, but i thought i would ask, cause honestly i have NO idea what it is LOL

Is there an app that will let me view and edit excel files? My 6 year old DD is a diabetic and i need to be able to update her speadsheet. After ordering the phone i relized that it doesn't run windows mobile like the Pantach did. I would like to do this with little cost.

Is there BB for Dummies out there? Cause i think i fit that bill

I hope to get to know everyone here!

Rania

Welcome to the CrackBerry Family There's a lot of information in the forums to help you.
    01-27-08 08:05 PM
    You'll be addicted in no time at all
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-27-08 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Duh! Double posted - server laptop locking up!!!
    01-27-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD