Hi Everyone

I'm not new to BlackBerry but not real up on downloading apps other than what is offered through blackberry world. First of all, with the new upgrades installed, is it easier to get android apps. Secondly, what are the best places to find apps.

I have a Z10.
    The 10.3 upgrade is great.

Thanks
    Terry

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:34 PM
    Search snap here on cb

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:35 PM
    Welcome - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    For Snap.
    You also have amazon app store right on your device.
    02-25-15 05:38 PM
    Thanks for the information. So is it just as easy to download android apps now as it is for BlackBerry apps?

Another question. When I start to type out words, the full word does appear. How do I choose the word on my screen so that I don't have to type out entire word. Call me lazy I guess.

Terry

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the information. So is it just as easy to download android apps now as it is for BlackBerry apps?

Another question. When I start to type out words, the full word does appear. How do I choose the word on my screen so that I don't have to type out entire word. Call me lazy I guess.

Terry

Posted via CB10
    You swipe up on the word and if it's in the space key then just tap it

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:48 AM

Terry

Posted via CB10
    Flick it up....

The App situation is a little tricky.. it really depend on what you need.

Amazon is built in and you can download what is available there - limited number of apps that are sometimes slow to be updated.

SNAP - as others have recommended does get you access to the home of Android Apps -- Google Play. But there are other 3rd party apps that you can also use for alternative app stores like 1mobile.... but there are issues with 3rd party stores.

One problem with SNAP is Google Services doesn't work, so some Android Apps will not work. Go here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/ and then http://forums.crackberry.com/android...atcher-947141/ to improve your experience.
    02-26-15 03:34 PM
    Sorry friend I really I do know about this os,apps

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:28 PM
    Play Store works wonderfully on my passport. Takes a little time installing and setting up but well worth it. In fact there is a video on u-tube that explains it perfectly. Step by step.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:40 AM
    The youtube video is outdated, the setup procedure has recently been simplified. Just check my thread for the latest files and new instructions.
    03-01-15 11:41 AM
    You have 10.3.1 so you have the Amazon store. That's a good start.

Second, get the latest version of Snap (already mentioned in this thread) and install it.

Some apps won't work but with the many alternatives on Android you should find something that works.

A lot of games actually work. Some load slowly which stinks but it is not the end of the world.
    03-02-15 08:11 AM
    The youtube video is outdated, the setup procedure has recently been simplified. Just check my thread for the latest files and new instructions.
    Link? You should toss it in your sig.

EDIT: And I am an *****.
    03-02-15 08:12 AM