Hi everyone...I just bought a Sprint BlackBerry Curve 8330 today. I had Sprint's wireless backup on my other phone but I dont think it will configure to this.

What is the easiest way to enter new contact information? I have way to many to just manually do it on the phone. Perhaps I can do it from my laptop connected to the phone?
    10-06-08 09:18 PM
    You can sync with outlook and add them that way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 09:19 PM
    I dont use microsoft outlook. I would like to find something that allows me to fill out the contact information on my computer then load it all into my phone.
    10-06-08 09:21 PM
    Yea I don't have sprint but I believe with their wireless backup you can go to their website and export your backup to a file, import it into outlook and sync outlook with ur BlackBerry

10-06-08 09:22 PM
    Oops sorry then. We posted at the same time.

10-06-08 09:23 PM
    The fastest way is to use MS Outlook or Outlook Express.
    10-07-08 11:26 AM
    Dear Patriot,

From one newbie to another Reed Mclay sent me this info when I had the same question yesterday. Here is what he sent and I did it step by step and it worked fine: There is a free third party program that will allow you to view and edit your contact information.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, go to this link = Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files, then follow these steps that Reed laid out for me. It was easier than I thought and is simple to edit info.

Step one: Switch device wizard will export your Palm contacts to your BlackBerry.

Step two: Backup your BlackBerry.

Step three: Open the backup file in ABC Amber Editor.

Step four: Edit and save the file.

Step five: Restore to your BlackBerry.

Step six: Relax, it and get aquainted with the device.
    10-07-08 10:07 PM
    You can also use the ASCII sync option in your Desktop Manager. Export your empty Contacts from your bb and it will create an Excel .csv file. You can then open that and add away, using the fields setup by your bb. Reverse the ASCII sync now and you're up and running.
    10-08-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD