I am a new user to BBerry. When someone calls me and when i try to save their phone number to the addressbook the number automatically is placed as the work number. To change the number type to mobile or home I will need to delete it from work and add it to home or mobile. Is there an automated way to add the number directly as wireless or home?
    04-19-07 12:55 PM
    I don't know of anyway this can be changed, I"m sure someone else will be along anytime that can tell you how if it can be done.

And welcome to crackberry.com
    04-19-07 01:11 PM
    I don't know of anyway to accomplish this either. The Blackberry has always defaulted to work number. I just have to edit the address entry with a little cutting and pasting.
    04-19-07 04:42 PM
    I was trying to figure that out too...the only way it defaults to "mobile" is if I recieve a text msg from the number....
    05-07-07 09:52 PM
    I have tried EVERYTHING to solve this issue. I have researched this issue on-line to NO avail. Kind of a hassle having to do this updating each time you enter a new number. PLEASE post a solution if/when you find one, THANK YOU!
    01-07-11 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD