Hey everyone. I'm very excited to say that last night I got my BB 8310 Curve activated and have barely been able to put it down since (except during my sleep, of course). Right now it's resting comfortably on my work desk, calling my name and enticing me to pick it up and start mashing buttons again...

I'm a bit concerned about a couple of features. I ordered two phones, one for myself and one for my wife. Hers was activated with no problems but mine took a few extra days because of a screw-up between AT&T and the vendor I bought it from. When I set up my wife's phone, I was able to set up her email accounts (@att.blackberry.net) and also her home account which she previously had (@bellsouth.net).

However, after I set up my phone, it won't let me do the same. When I go into Email Setup, I have only two choices: Use a work email account w/BES, or "Skip email setup". Why can't I add my personal email accounts, or even set up a Blackberry email account?? Could they have somehow screwed up my data plan when I activated my phone last night, and that's why I'm missing this feature?

I also don't have a regular Browser icon, like my wife's phone does. I only have MediaNet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    01-29-08 08:01 AM
    Are you on a BES with your work or Personal BIS.
    01-29-08 08:10 AM
    I got the situation worked out. NewEgg royally screwed me. When they had AT&T activate the phone, they didn't include the original data plan I selected, and I had no access to personal email or web browsing. I had to Live Chat with someone at att.com. It's all worked out and I'm enjoying my "Crack"berry. I just hope they make the proper adjustments when it comes time to pay the bill.
    01-29-08 11:48 AM
    12 whole hours? Pffft. Took me 2 hours to get COMPLETELY hooked!

Welcome to CB.

Adlen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-08 02:48 PM
    lol. yeah! if that.

welcome to the forums. glad you got your berry working. it's worth it, as you now know.
    01-29-08 02:52 PM
    Welcome to CB and being an addict.

01-29-08 03:15 PM

Welcome to CB.

Adlen

Good for you! But I don't think this is something that is worth bragging about.
    01-29-08 05:33 PM
    Good point, Chinesecatt. My addiction has reached new levels in the last week.

01-29-08 06:41 PM
    You know, the awesome thing about RIM -- I don't see a lot of advertising or marketing by them or from the carriers or as what we sometimes call, the operators. Their marketing strategies, as what I see as "marketing leaks" -- makes the best marketing tool. Having consumers be addicted to their device or sometimes, upcoming devices before they are officially released is quite amazing. Consumers patiently (well, we really don't have a choice, do we?) waiting, eager to be the first one to drop everything just to grab the latest BlackBerry out there.

So for somebody to be addicted after 12 hours, or somebody like you in 2 hours time -- this is to show that addiction has really no time significance since our addiction to these device has already taken its root before we even know it.
    01-29-08 06:57 PM
    hello and welcome to the site
    03-16-08 07:19 AM
    Welcome to the addiction from Texas
    03-16-08 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD