Maybe getting my first Blackberry soon and have some questions about email.

1) According to Verizon, the email "works with popular Internet-based email accounts, including Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail...", etc. What about not-as-popular, more obscure email providers?

2) When you check, send and receive email (Comcast for example) am I actually downloading the email to my phone, or just viewing a copy and leaving the original and composed/sent email on the server so that when I check the email from my home computer it's still there?
    04-11-09 08:17 PM
    Number 1 is just a selling point indicating that the most popular e-mail programs that most people use is compatible and easy to set up. I have 8 different e-mail accounts on my phone, some popular some obscure, and have no problems at all with any of them.

Number 2 is a copy of the identical e-mail. you can set up your account to leave the e-mail on the server or delete it from the server when deleted from your phone.

David
    04-11-09 09:22 PM
    Number 1 is just a selling point indicating that the most popular e-mail programs that most people use is compatible and easy to set up. I have 8 different e-mail accounts on my phone, some popular some obscure, and have no problems at all with any of them.

Number 2 is a copy of the identical e-mail. you can set up your account to leave the e-mail on the server or delete it from the server when deleted from your phone.

David
    Thanks, David.
    04-11-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD