CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    PIN
    27f477c1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  

Default Transparency in hybrid building

Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    I believe the idea was to make it easier for hybrid builders to make better builds, and to stop pretending hybrids are some sort of magically, mysterious thing.
    Anyone can make a hybrid. Yourself included.
    My reasons were a mix of both. It is true that very few people will actually delve into the inner workings of a hybrid, some will. Perhaps for curiosity, perhaps to learn about hybrids, or for the really security conscious to do an audit.

If hybrid building is open sourced (any hybrid I build would be GPL licensed), it opens it up to a wider audience, and I think that the more people involved, the better they will be. We can learn from each other and build better ones.

Global Posts
    10,384 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by adamschuetze View Post
    My reasons were a mix of both. It is true that very few people will actually delve into the inner workings of a hybrid, some will. Perhaps for curiosity, perhaps to learn about hybrids, or for the really security conscious to do an audit.

If hybrid building is open sourced (any hybrid I build would be GPL licensed), it opens it up to a wider audience, and I think that the more people involved, the better they will be. We can learn from each other and build better ones.
    Well... I'm not an attorney yet, and I'm not YOUR (your = anyone who reads this) attorney, so this isn't legal advice... BUT:
    Since you don't own the .cods, or AFAIK even have any authority to use them to make a hybrid, you can't really license a hybrid (that'd be like licensing a lego structure you make).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

My hybrids are kinda like, all the leftover cans of food, that no one really wants to eat...but when you add water, broth, and flour, dump it all in a pot, put some heat on it and stir...nom, nom, nom. It tastes good.
    Wait..we are talking about soup, right??
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    peteygrizz and deezy87 like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12