- 11-15-12, 06:19 AM #151
- 11-15-12, 06:23 AM #152
- 11-15-12, 07:19 AM #155
Please go or add this link to your BB Browser on your Bold 9000 and download it the BBM from on your device.
Web Site: BlackBerry OTA Downloads
I think its the 1st one from the top...(make sure that its for the 7.1 OS please)
Let me know how it works out for you, please
Tom and Seno
- 11-15-12, 07:46 AM #157
Go download it from the web site I suggested you will not have any performance issues it will be the same as the hybrid bbm core files, or if you have the time do a wipe and re-install again and heads up when your shrinking if your able to try to not shrink anything this time around and trust me you will have a great Hybrid...
Sorry that you messed up your BBM when you done the original install please be careful next time around...
Tom and Seno
- 11-15-12, 10:57 AM #161
Tom & Seno
V3 is settling in pretty well as ADR is falling which is a good sign. Its my DAY-3 of install and its looking good.
There are NO issues noted so far - w.r.t. Voice-calls, Call quality, Emails, BBM, SMS, Browser and pictures transfer over BBM. Everything is functioning splendidly and esp. data oriented stuff. .
So far so good. Very Stable !!
- 11-15-12, 12:44 PM #164
We are both very pleased that our V3 is working out well for you, in the next 48hours you will be 100% where you want to be and at this point our V3 has settled for you!
Thank you for taking the time to post your stats for all of us
Tom and Seno
- 11-15-12, 12:49 PM #165
We hope you now got your BBM up and working?
Give your V3 Hybrid a couple of more days for it too settle and you will be able to see and feel how this V3 Hybrid that you did install from us really unleashes the power of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 Device...
We both are pleased that you really like it
Keep us posted if you have the time....
Tom and Seno
- 11-15-12, 01:51 PM #166
I've been running V3 for a few days now, but my battery drains insanely fast. With stock OS i typically go 1½ days with data turned on, but with V3 I'm hardly doing 12 hours with data turned off (I know this because I experienced it with data on first, and decided to try a full day without data enabled).
Do you have an idea why this might be?
My V3 install is untouched/ I didnt remove any cods or what not. I did install the Danish language pack you supplied for me, but the draining started before that.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Eskibo; 11-15-12 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo
- 11-15-12, 02:15 PM #167
- 11-15-12, 02:16 PM #168
- 11-15-12, 03:35 PM #170
Thank you very much for this report and we are now looking into this problem for you...
Can you please tell me if this is a brand new bold 9900?
(01) is it at least 3 years old?
(02) 1 year old?
(03) less then 1 year old?
It matters big time, in what series you got and its very important without getting right into it in detail at this time...
If you are have the 3 year older one please use the V1, instead of the V3
If you have the middle production one within 2 years or less go for the V2
If you have the brand new one and its within the 1 year mark please as you see use the V2 or V3 they both a great for any most current Bold 9900 Series
( its the type of boards and chip and hardware within each of these Bolds that's why I am asking )
The older ones have a very cheap board and chip and RIM was aware that they had problems
The middle one also had a minor issue with the new version of boards and chips that they upgraded from the old one it was like a update Vbb1347 from Vbb1200
The new ones that have been made since late 2011 and right into 2012 have a brand new re-designed board and they had too make this big change under the $$$ the current pressure RIM is under, in other world the new BB Bold 9900 the latest one Rocks and its out of RIM's, ( RND and QNA Section ) with a Full Good Report system wide...
Please uninstall it ASAP! you are really overloading your device...
Please think hard and find what time line you really think your Bold 9900 was made its very important...
We will be waiting for your reply in what Bold you own and one of us will confirm if your going on V1 or V2
Now worries this will be solved ASAP
Tom and Seno
- 11-15-12, 05:04 PM #172
Transformer EXXtreme Brutale OS Hybrid for Bold 9900
(01) Your service provider will know they have this data when your service providers on site stores/warehouse make the request to open a new account or if your doing an upgrade these data is on the 2nd level customer care level. ( you in other words you will need a family member or a friend who is working within the company to get you that information only )
(02) You can go to a cell phone repair shop and real good one and ask them to get you that information they must be a BlackBerry service shop and they will tell you and give you a print out cuz RIM has provided them a BlackBerry Scanner to Scan that bar code within the battery bed
(03) I don't suggest this option, you can take it apart and remove the screen and remove the board and you will be able to see a small sticker with the pass test and a date, you can only do this with the 3 year old Bolds and perhaps the middle of the pack 2 year old Bolds, but the brand new ones that have been out since late 2011 to this day you cant take them apart they have a dumb knuckle security screws that are temper prof and require a RIM only designed dumb knuckle screw remover or bit...
Hope I satisfied your question with my reply...
Tom and Seno
Last edited by explorertml; 11-15-12 at 06:31 PM.
- 11-15-12, 05:40 PM #173
Thank you very much for that information.
Just to add some more. I did not realize about the several versions of motherboards and it has not been mentioned anywhere else on any forum that talks about blackberry 9900. I guess RIM has really kept this quiet eh. Any way, I really appreciate this new bit of knowledge that you have given me.
I will eventually find which version I have as per your suggestions. For now though, I am reloading v3 and will give it a more thorough test than I did last time. It loaded up way better this time than the first time I tried it and BB apps shows up correct.
Thank you again.
Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 11-15-12 at 05:50 PM.
- 11-16-12, 12:27 AM #175
Thank you very much for that info. I just dug out my receipt, and my phone is from the 28th of March 2012 - it almost only just passed the 6months mark, so pretty new still.
I have some follow up news regarding the battery. I tried entirely switching off the radio when I went to bed. It was fully charged and when I woke up this morning it was down to 70%. There's definitely something leaching off of the battery here. Usually when abroad I turn off the radio on my private phone when not directly using it, and it lasts me 5 days on a single charge.
Edit: Just completely wiped the phone using BBSAK and conducted a new clean V3 install. Will let you know how it goes
Last edited by Eskibo; 11-16-12 at 01:14 AM.
- By jc_halifax in forum RogersReplies: 21Last Post: 01-11-14, 03:49 PM
- By b00d9 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 18Last Post: 07-07-12, 12:04 PM
- By duspin in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 6Last Post: 01-23-12, 11:54 PM
- By bmwmpower in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 18Last Post: 07-27-09, 06:58 PM
- By bmwmpower in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 24Last Post: 07-27-09, 06:58 PM