Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
Like Tree20Likes
  1. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default OSBB 707v6 for OS6 BlackBerrys (11/17/2012)

    OSBB 707v6 for OS6 BlackBerrys (11/17/2012)-newnewhybridrelease.png
    It's that time again, time for another OS6 Hybrid.
    This build is largely made up of OS 6.0.0.747, but has a few 6.0.0.723 and 6.0.0.719 files where there aren't newer possibilities. It also has about 200 .cods from the recently released 7.1.0.755.
    It's been tested and confirmed to work only on the 9650, but as always there's no reason why it shouldn't work on other OS6 BlackBerrys.

    Installation instructions:


    Install the base OS of your choice; some suggestions:

    9300: 6.0.0723
    9330: 6.0.0.707
    9650: 6.0.0.707
    9700: 6.0.0.723
    9780: 6.0.0.723
    9800: 6.0.0.747
    (to the best of my knowledge these are the latest OSes for these BlackBerrys)


    Download the desired files t o your desktop; there are two choices:


    The Full Hybrid
    Just the 7.1 files


    For the 9800, you only need the 7.1 files. For other BlackBerrys, it depends on if you want the updated 6.0.0.747 and other files.


    Extract the Java folder and .alx files into your OS folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files.

    If needed, delete the vendor.xml files. If desired, shrink the OS.
    Backup your data and apps just in case. If you want to do a clean install (which generally isn't needed, but is an option), wipe your BlackBerry using BBSAK or another program.
    Install the hybrid using App Loader, which is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

    Download:

    You can download OSBB 707v6 from three locations:

    SCrApps.org
    Hybrids.tk
    MediaFire

    That's it, you should be good to go! If you have any other questions, just let the OSBB team know and we'll get back to you.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 11-18-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    juve2lia (11-18-2012),  leontam (11-20-2012),  Mecca EL (11-29-2012) 
  2. CristhianHC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Can't download from SCrApps,org and Hybrids.tk, clicking on 'download' but nothing shows up. Trying with FileFactory, I suppose the full hybrid is the one at the bottom of the list, "OSBB_707V6.zip". I'll try it on my 9780. You should upload this on Mediafire, I'll report later, thanks.
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (11-18-2012) 
  3. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    What browser are you using? That could be the problem. It works in Opera, Chrome, and IE, but it does appear that Firefox isn't working. I'll mess with the code.
    Yeah, FileFactory has a bunch of hybrids on it, but 707v6 is the one to download from there. I can add the direct link for it.
  4. CristhianHC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    What browser are you using? That could be the problem. It works in Opera, Chrome, and IE, but it does appear that Firefox isn't working. I'll mess with the code.
    Yeah, FileFactory has a bunch of hybrids on it, but 707v6 is the one to download from there. I can add the direct link for it.
    I'm using Firefox. I downloaded the one at the bottom, I suppose that's the full hybrid. I'll install it now on my Blackberry. Just in case, add the link.
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (11-18-2012) 
  5. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Update: fixed the links, for some reason Firefox apparently doesn't like window.target.location.href='url', but window.open('url','target') works fine.
    Thanks for letting me know Cristian! What browser were you using?
  6. CristhianHC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Update: fixed the links, for some reason Firefox apparently doesn't like window.target.location.href='url', but window.open('url','target') works fine.
    Thanks for letting me know Cristian! What browser were you using?
    I downloaded the correct one, lol. Going to wipe now. I have only to replace Java with this hybrid folder and the other 2 files, right?

    Edit: Done, installing.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
  7. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Yes, that should be all.
    I'm uploading to mediafire, I didn't realize how atrocious filefactory's download speed is.
  8. CristhianHC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Yes, that should be all.
    I'm uploading to mediafire, I didn't realize how atrocious filefactory's download speed is.
    Oh, lol.. Yes... I use to download with a speed of 330 - 370, with FileFactory is like 100. Should I use my phone on 2G or 3G?
  9. CristhianHC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    First reboot tooks 35 secs. Now I'll install some app's.
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (11-18-2012) 
    SCrid2000 likes this.
  10. sasakiryo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    does it contains .cods from 7.1.0.746?
    7.1.0.746 has excellent battery life
  11. adyltd's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    the bbm7 os6 files does not compatible with 9300. why is it so?
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (11-18-2012) 
  12. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasakiryo View Post
    does it contains .cods from 7.1.0.746?
    7.1.0.746 has excellent battery life
    Individual .cod files (unless replacing a .cod file with a serious bug) are VERY unlikely to significantly increase your battery life, and anyone who tells you differently is uninformed.
    As newer OSes are released, it is to be expected that more bugs are found and fixed. It would be illogical to use .746 (or any .cod from any lower OS) unless it was known that a .cod from 7.1.0.755 had a problem with it.

    In general, the best hybrids will not use .cods from a lot of different OSes (with some very rare exceptions).

    Quote Originally Posted by adyltd View Post
    the bbm7 os6 files does not compatible with 9300. why is it so?
    Sorry about that! I neglected to remove a line in the .alx that made the install for BBM7 only work on the 9650.
    I fixed that and reuploaded the BBM7 .zip to all three locations.
    If you don't want to redownload it, simply open the BlackBerryMessenger.alx with a text editor and delete the series="Niagra" line.
    Thanked by:
    adyltd (11-19-2012) 
    Mecca EL and adyltd like this.
  13. sasakiryo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Individual .cod files (unless replacing a .cod file with a serious bug) are VERY unlikely to significantly increase your battery life, and anyone who tells you differently is uninformed.
    As newer OSes are released, it is to be expected that more bugs are found and fixed. It would be illogical to use .746 (or any .cod from any lower OS) unless it was known that a .cod from 7.1.0.755 had a problem with it.

    In general, the best hybrids will not use .cods from a lot of different OSes (with some very rare exceptions)..
    thank you for your reply bro
    it's my friends who use 9320 said that thing

    okay..you're the hybrid master,i believe in you
  14. adyltd's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    thanks for the correction.

    time for reporting.
    overall very good and stable built hybrid.
    after 12 hours of installing with full 3G usage.

    OSBB 707v6 for OS6 BlackBerrys (11/17/2012)-screenshot-03_19_2012_272.jpg
    SCrid2000 likes this.
  15. landiscarrier's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    65 Posts
    PIN
    32658158
    #15  

    Default

    Downloaded and getting ready to install! I've tried others hybrids on my 9650 but yours always have the best battery life and quickest re-boot time.

    Appreciate the efforts!
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (11-19-2012) 
    SCrid2000 likes this.
  16. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adyltd View Post
    thanks for the correction.

    time for reporting.
    overall very good and stable built hybrid.
    after 12 hours of installing with full 3G usage.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-03_19_2012_272.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	125882
    Very cool. Yeah I've had good battery llfe too.
    It's good to see confirmation of extended usage; people claiming to get only 1 or 2% dph are generally full of it, they're BlackBerry is not lasting them 3-4 days without a recharge lol.
    GilVaz and adyltd like this.
  17. leontam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    114 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Installed, seems pretty responsive from first impressions. Was fretting that I couldn't load the email setup application, but then downloaded the most updated one from my provider through my phone's browser at https://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/ where <brand> is provider, i.e. rogers

    Everything seems great up till now, will post some batt usage screens later, thanks!
    Thanked by 2:
    bmercer94 (11-20-2012),  SCrid2000 (11-20-2012) 
    bmercer94 likes this.
  18. Boloksbongas's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I do have a slight problem, not with the Os but d 9650 phone. Why is it that the 9650 can't play some avi files(eg. Files from Mobile Movies ). But these files play on most os6 devices like the 9700. I just want to know, does it have to do with the base OS or is it a hardware limitation. And by the way, Solid Hybrid.
  19. leontam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    114 Posts
    #19  

    Default OSBB 707v6 for OS6 BlackBerrys (11/17/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boloksbongas View Post
    I do have a slight problem, not with the Os but d 9650 phone. Why is it that the 9650 can't play some avi files(eg. Files from Mobile Movies ). But these files play on most os6 devices like the 9700. I just want to know, does it have to do with the base OS or is it a hardware limitation. And by the way, Solid Hybrid.
    I do not condone movie piracy, but I downloaded a part and it played well on my 9780
    See attached screenshot while playing movie (deleted once screenshot taken)
    OSBB 707v6 for OS6 BlackBerrys (11/17/2012)-vscreenshot_1353403241032.jpg

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  20. sasakiryo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adyltd View Post
    thanks for the correction.

    time for reporting.
    overall very good and stable built hybrid.
    after 12 hours of installing with full 3G usage.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-03_19_2012_272.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	125882
    @SCrid2000:
    i've to admit...you're right ^^
    this hybrids has an insanely excellent battery life..even exceed 7.1.0.746
    Thanked by:
    SCrid2000 (11-20-2012) 
    SCrid2000 and adyltd like this.
  21. Boloksbongas's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Thanks for the reply, but I'm actually specific about the BOLD 9650.
  22. Boloksbongas's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Thanks for the reply, but I'm actually specific about the BOLD 9650.
  23. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,033 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default OSBB 707v6 for OS6 BlackBerrys (11/17/2012)

    First time on a OSBB mix, lets hope for good results

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    SCrid2000 and leontam like this.
  24. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

    Default

    @Boloksbongas, that's a good question for the 9650 forums I don't know the answer, I don't watch movies on my 9650.
  25. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,526 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leontam View Post
    Installed, seems pretty responsive from first impressions. Was fretting that I couldn't load the email setup application, but then downloaded the most updated one from my provider through my phone's browser at https://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/ where <brand> is provider, i.e. rogers

    Everything seems great up till now, will post some batt usage screens later, thanks!
    thanks leotam, I'll include this in future instructions
    leontam likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OSBB 707v2 for OS6 BlacKBerrys (9650 Tested)
    By SCrid2000 in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
  2. OSBB 707v1 for OS6 Berries (9650 tested)
    By SCrid2000 in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
  3. OSBB 706v5 Hybrid for OS6 BlackBerrys
    By SCrid2000 in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 02:51 AM
  4. Replies: 92
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 10:20 PM
  5. OSBB 706v2.5 Hybrid for OS6 BlackBerrys
    By SCrid2000 in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions