Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OSBB 706v3

UPDATE: OSBB 706v4 is now available: http://opensourcebb.com/2012/02/osbb...6-blackberrys/

OSBB 706v3, v2.5, and v2 are still available at http://www.scrapps.tk/blackberry/olderhybrids/ if you're looking for them, although they'll disappear when I need the space back for hosting something else

OS 7.1.0.247 just barely dropped, but OSBB is already providing OS6 users an updated Hybrid OS while we wait for our OS7 or QNX upgrades.

I personally recommend you install this over 6.0.0.706, although they can also be installed over 6.0.0.719 and probably 6.0.0.723.

So far this OS seems much smoother than previous hybrids. I'm hoping the battery life, signal, and memory drain are as good as in OSBB 706v2.5, but haven't run it long enough to say for sure yet. It seems pretty solid.

For more info and download links, head over to OSBB 706v3 for OS6 BlackBerrys | OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-17-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    Thanked by 9:
    airbrnetravel (02-12-2012),  BigBadWulf (02-08-2012),  bintaro_gw (02-13-2012),  darkarcheangel (02-17-2012),  SoccerRef12 (02-09-2012),  mikeplus1 (02-09-2012),  robertrayjohnson (02-10-2012),  techEpic4g (02-09-2012),  tyateteptya (02-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ouch! don't play with pins!

I'll be loading this over .719 tomorrow morning. Thanks Shane & the OSBB team!

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Never fully booted loaded over 719 Multilanguage.

Hopefully Jerry, you'll have better results.

Edit - It's not the platform. I plopped the java from v2.5, restarted Loader, and now I'm past the boot bar.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

i have to replace the files on the main os with the hybrid? or i delete everything inside and then paste the hybrid?

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Since Ed mentioned having problems, I'm gonna post my experience.
    I had trouble getting this to load onto the BlackBerry - it's like loader.exe didn't want it on there.
    After the load failed twice, I loaded it without any apps and then it booted fine. I then restored my apps, then my data. After restoring the apps the bar sat at full for 20 minutes or so.
    I assumed it was just my usb cable, which has been giving me trouble over the last few days.
    Not sure what's up, but now that it's loaded it's running great...
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN

Just loaded it over .719...the reboot went to the end & seems to have stopped...no error, though. I'll let it go for another 30 minutes & edit this post.

EDIT: Didn't finish reboot :'( Going to reload over .706
    Last edited by jbarbero; 02-09-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Didn't finish reboot...
    8330 -> 9630 -> 9650 -> Razr Maxx

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Would you mind trying it without installing any apps in the main load?
    I had that same problem with 2.5, and I think it was due to a corruped app .cod backup.

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN

I think it's the few 719 cod. Had no problem loading the v2.5 java with 719's platform and all my apps, at the same time.

Zee - Cue Warrior °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN

I went back and reloaded .719 OS and copied the contents of the zipped v3 files into the correct folder (first time around I just copied everything from v3 into the OS folder and it over wrote the java folder instead of replacing the files in the java folder, duh), shrunk, as usual, went and ran apploader (added 3rd party apps within apploader) and everything booted just hunky-dory. Reloaded settings with DM (except content store). All is good!!!

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by jbarbero View Post
    I went back and reloaded .719 OS and copied the contents of the zipped v3 files into the correct folder (first time around I just copied everything from v3 into the OS folder and it over wrote the java folder instead of replacing the files in the java folder, duh), shrunk, as usual, went and ran apploader (added 3rd party apps within apploader) and everything booted just hunky-dory. Reloaded settings with DM (except content store). All is good!!!
    Huh?

Are you saying you have the 2 theme cod as 719, along with the media_loader cod? I'm almost booted with everything the same as the failed run, except those 4 files are now 706.

CrackBerry Abuser

Scrid cool I will test this Build on my bro's 9650, I am sure it will work really well, hey Scrid what happened to OSBb 9930 hybrid folks? I haven't seen any updates for the 9930 since the 190 leak, we had 205 and now 247 but the 9930 guys seem to be sleeping
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Thanks for the build! I am getting an error on restarts "MPPT has been denied the cross communication permission"....any idea what that is? Installed this over 719.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Huh?

Are you saying you have the 2 theme cod as 719, along with the media_loader cod? I'm almost booted with everything the same as the failed run, except those 4 files are now 706.
    I've attaching a zipped system read. Originally I had the same issue you did...would not finish boot. Like I said, the problem was with overwriting the java folder instead of opening the zipped v3 java folder and dumping the contents into the OS java folder. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanked by:
    BigBadWulf (02-09-2012) 

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN

I've attaching a zipped system read. Originally I had the same issue you did...would not finish boot. Like I said, the problem was with overwriting the java folder instead of opening the zipped v3 java folder and dumping the contents into the OS java folder. Hope this helps.
    That was it, and this:

net_rim_bis_lib 6.0.0.706

The one file I bet that did it.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN

EVERYONE...DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. Unzip v3, DRAG the contents on the v3 java folder into the OS java folder (DON"T overwrite the OS java folder). Drag the other v3 files into the OS folder. It should load fine on .719

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN

EVERYONE...DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. Unzip v3, DRAG the contents on the v3 java folder into the OS java folder (DON"T overwrite the OS java folder). Drag the other v3 files into the OS folder. It should load fine on .719
    Pretty sure I did much the same Jerry. Copied the cod inside the v3 Java, pasted in the OS's Java folder. I'm still trying to noodle out WTF happened.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Pretty sure I did much the same Jerry. Copied the cod inside the v3 Java, pasted in the OS's Java folder. I'm still trying to noodle out WTF happened.
    Good Luck, I had to wipe my BB to get the loader to work after it wouldn't finish booting. I'm on vzw also. idk...

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN

Good Luck, I had to wipe my BB to get the loader to work after it wouldn't finish booting. I'm on vzw also. idk...
    Nah, reloading with v2.5 wasn't a problem. I just swapped out the Java folder for my saved, prepped OS and started Loader again. It was a bit disappointing, waking up at 3:30am to a stuck bar. Not the morning I had planned.

Oh well, on with the show..........

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

thnx for this nice hybrid,

just loaded it an hour ago so I can't give any comments on battery life, but till now it's pretty damn fast, faster than v2 and v2,5.. I also don't have the regular hourglass I had on v2,5 anymore.

so now I have to wait till a couple of days are over to see how battery life's doing on this hybrid

P.S. running this hybrid on a bold 9780
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    I wish I still had one...

This is killing me....
    SIGH!
    -------------------------------------------
    No reserve
    No retreat
    No regrets
    Always forward; Always faithful
    BigBadWulf likes this.

Global Posts
    10,538 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

It seems that a wipe is needed to get this to load.
    I'd also like to mention that BigBadWolf did get it to install
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM Me...

I was excited to load v3 as I was having issues with 2.5 browser.

I installed over 706. Copied the contents from v3 java to 706 and the apps in the root to the root folder. I had the same experience as SCrid200, where the boot process never ended ( I did not install any apps with the base OS).

Second go around, I re-installed 706, and only copied contents from v3 java contents to the 706 java folder. The load went good. So far my browser is working well and everything seems to be functioning well.

Thanks for the hybrid SCrid and OSBB team.
    auditman likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

I installed this on my 9800 over base OS .723. I did not do a wipe and there were no problems. However, I did install it using desktop manager rather than apploader. Apploader did not see it as a new version and asked if I wanted to "leave the applications unchanged." Desktop manager found the OS and prompted me to update and I did and there were no problems.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    PIN
    32D72E10

I installed this over 706 using apploader and without wiping. I had no problems with that process and from what I can tell thus far the battery life is about the same as 2.5
    Life is all about asses…you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like it…

Global Posts
    36,585 Global Posts
    PIN

Heck, I didn't even wipe from a failed install. You wipe fanatics make me nutty.

Now that I've had it on for most of a day, I'd say it's running great! Yet another fine build from Shane.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast