02-17-12 10:51 AM
UPDATE: OSBB 706v4 is now available: http://opensourcebb.com/2012/02/osbb...6-blackberrys/
OSBB 706v3, v2.5, and v2 are still available at http://www.scrapps.tk/blackberry/olderhybrids/ if you're looking for them, although they'll disappear when I need the space back for hosting something else
OS 188.8.131.52 just barely dropped, but OSBB is already providing OS6 users an updated Hybrid OS while we wait for our OS7 or QNX upgrades.
I personally recommend you install this over 184.108.40.2066, although they can also be installed over 220.127.116.119 and probably 18.104.22.1683.
So far this OS seems much smoother than previous hybrids. I'm hoping the battery life, signal, and memory drain are as good as in OSBB 706v2.5, but haven't run it long enough to say for sure yet. It seems pretty solid.
For more info and download links, head over to OSBB 706v3 for OS6 BlackBerrys | OpenSourceBB.com - OSBB
Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-17-12 at 11:03 AM.02-08-12 07:38 PMLike 9
- Since Ed mentioned having problems, I'm gonna post my experience.
I had trouble getting this to load onto the BlackBerry - it's like loader.exe didn't want it on there.
After the load failed twice, I loaded it without any apps and then it booted fine. I then restored my apps, then my data. After restoring the apps the bar sat at full for 20 minutes or so.
I assumed it was just my usb cable, which has been giving me trouble over the last few days.
Not sure what's up, but now that it's loaded it's running great...
Last edited by SCrid2000; 02-09-12 at 08:15 AM.02-09-12 08:08 AM
- Just loaded it over .719...the reboot went to the end & seems to have stopped...no error, though. I'll let it go for another 30 minutes & edit this post.
EDIT: Didn't finish reboot :'( Going to reload over .706
Last edited by jbarbero; 02-09-12 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Didn't finish reboot...02-09-12 09:11 AM
- I went back and reloaded .719 OS and copied the contents of the zipped v3 files into the correct folder (first time around I just copied everything from v3 into the OS folder and it over wrote the java folder instead of replacing the files in the java folder, duh), shrunk, as usual, went and ran apploader (added 3rd party apps within apploader) and everything booted just hunky-dory. Reloaded settings with DM (except content store). All is good!!!02-09-12 11:15 AM
- I went back and reloaded .719 OS and copied the contents of the zipped v3 files into the correct folder (first time around I just copied everything from v3 into the OS folder and it over wrote the java folder instead of replacing the files in the java folder, duh), shrunk, as usual, went and ran apploader (added 3rd party apps within apploader) and everything booted just hunky-dory. Reloaded settings with DM (except content store). All is good!!!
Are you saying you have the 2 theme cod as 719, along with the media_loader cod? I'm almost booted with everything the same as the failed run, except those 4 files are now 706.02-09-12 11:23 AM
- 02-09-12 12:01 PM
- I've attaching a zipped system read. Originally I had the same issue you did...would not finish boot. Like I said, the problem was with overwriting the java folder instead of opening the zipped v3 java folder and dumping the contents into the OS java folder. Hope this helps.
The one file I bet that did it.02-09-12 12:21 PM
- 02-09-12 12:37 PM
- 02-09-12 12:40 PM
Oh well, on with the show..........02-09-12 01:02 PM
- thnx for this nice hybrid,
just loaded it an hour ago so I can't give any comments on battery life, but till now it's pretty damn fast, faster than v2 and v2,5.. I also don't have the regular hourglass I had on v2,5 anymore.
so now I have to wait till a couple of days are over to see how battery life's doing on this hybrid
P.S. running this hybrid on a bold 978002-09-12 01:19 PM
- I was excited to load v3 as I was having issues with 2.5 browser.
I installed over 706. Copied the contents from v3 java to 706 and the apps in the root to the root folder. I had the same experience as SCrid200, where the boot process never ended ( I did not install any apps with the base OS).
Second go around, I re-installed 706, and only copied contents from v3 java contents to the 706 java folder. The load went good. So far my browser is working well and everything seems to be functioning well.
Thanks for the hybrid SCrid and OSBB team.02-09-12 10:38 PM
- I installed this on my 9800 over base OS .723. I did not do a wipe and there were no problems. However, I did install it using desktop manager rather than apploader. Apploader did not see it as a new version and asked if I wanted to "leave the applications unchanged." Desktop manager found the OS and prompted me to update and I did and there were no problems.02-10-12 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD