Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    PIN
    27654C86
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS6 Hybrids?

Hello,

I am using a BlackBerry Bold 9000. I am aware that I cannot officially or even unofficially install OS 6 on my device, but I came across a couple of articles talking about installing a hybrid version (cut down, etc.) on the BlackBerry Bold 9000?

I found this site right here: New VIP OS6 Hybrids!

I am not sure what to do with that, though. I am running v5.0.0.681 (Bundle 1137, Platform 5.2.0.64).

Would installing Hybrid OS6 give me the interface of that OS? That's really all I want from it. How the toggled menu, icons, etc. work.

I'm pretty much newb when it comes to that, so any information is appreciated.

Thank you.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,017 Global Posts

You will not see a difference in the outward appearance. It will look and behave almost identically to OS 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

If you're looking for an os6 like user interface the Dream Torch theme is about as close as it gets. It's available from the CrackBerry app store.

I used it on my 8530 and it is a very close replica. In some ways I even prefer it to the real thing.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    PIN
    27654C86
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ah! Well then, I guess there's no need to attempt to install and try it.

Do you think getting the outward appearance could be possible anytime soon?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Using a hybrid with OS6 files will get you better performance and battery life, but that's where it stops. You won't be getting any of the features like the different menu screens, universal search, or webkit browser. As the previous posters have said, a theme is the closest thing you can get. Maybe one that utilizes OS6 icons and has a similar looking home screen, but that's it. Everything else will be OS5.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    PIN
    27654C86
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Well, if it gives me better performance and battery life (which seems to be pretty bad on the 9000) then I am up for it. I guess I'll just keep the stock theme for a while but better performance & battery life are what I am heading for at the moment.

Can someone please tell me how to install OS6 Hybrid on my Bold 9000? A step-by-step tutorial and Hybrid OS6 download link would be awesome.

Thank you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    Well, if it gives me better performance and battery life (which seems to be pretty bad on the 9000) then I am up for it. I guess I'll just keep the stock theme for a while but better performance & battery life are what I am heading for at the moment.

Can someone please tell me how to install OS6 Hybrid on my Bold 9000? A step-by-step tutorial and Hybrid OS6 download link would be awesome.

Thank you.
    If you are looking for one of the best Hybrid for Bold 9000 right now, I would recommend you: JSL 9000 v4.0 (5.0.0.1049/.1051/.450/6.1), you can find it here: JSL 9000 v4.0 (5.0.0.1049/.1051/.450/6.1)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    PIN
    sanity!

Although I have not personally tried it on a 9000, this seems like it would work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bd...evices-581871/

There are instructions in that thread for downloading and installing it, plus lots of people there willing to help out. I use it on my 9650 without issues and know others that use it on other OS5 and OS6 devices without any problems.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mikeplus1 View Post
    Although I have not personally tried it on a 9000, this seems like it would work:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bd...evices-581871/

There are instructions in that thread for downloading and installing it, plus lots of people there willing to help out. I use it on my 9650 without issues and know others that use it on other OS5 and OS6 devices without any problems.
    You'd be correct; that hybrid would work. While I'm partial to BTHM for my hybrid needs, BDHP also makes great builds. Once upon a time, I used to use their hybrids and I still recommend them to all my non-9700 friends.