Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS Hybrids

which version is the best?? i am sick of the squelch in my ear from the .160 but love everything else.. what hybrid does everyone recommend??
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask :)

I don't think there is hybrids for the Curve 83XX
    i think your talking about OS?
    if its OS I've been using 4.5.0.81 and no problems yet
    CrackBerry Addict

There is in fact a Hybrid OS for the 8330.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/

I have not yet installed it, but there is a lot of information in the thread.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 06-06-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    "StubbornSwiss"
    World Edition>>>Pearl>>>Curve>>>Tour>>>Bold 9650>>>PlayBook 32gb (Returned)>>>Galaxy Note 10.1>>>Bold 9930>>>iPhone 4S
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,767 Global Posts
    PIN
    PRICKS

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/160...8330-a-240368/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,592 Global Posts

I installed the following version today:

I installed that particular version because it was stated it worked well on Verizon's Network. I haven't made any calls yet, but my BlackBerry seems to be faster, and I have 9MB of additional memory in comparison to my previous version. This is after I re installed all of my applications.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am running .160/.131 on my verizon 8330 and I have had no problems at all.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

ok so if i am running .160 right now do i still need to wipe my BB or can i do the file changing with it installed?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,767 Global Posts
    PIN
    PRICKS

Quote Originally Posted by pinball40 View Post
    ok so if i am running .160 right now do i still need to wipe my BB or can i do the file changing with it installed?
    Whichever one you choose, go the first page for instructions. If you read through the thread, someone has likely already asked that question. That's where you'll find your answers.

Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

This hybrid OS (thread started by blackngray70):

Contains a base .160 OS, with the following components from the .131 OS:

.131 radio and phone application files, specifically selected because the .138/.160 radios sometimes suffered from an unstable network indicator that would cycle between 1XEV, 1X, 1x, 1xev in fairly rapid succession. Also, the .131 radio does not suffer from the speakerblast problem that existed from .77 through .127.

The .131 profiles application file, selected because some users of the .160 OS experienced profiles crashes.

In total, 7 files from the original .131 OS have been substituted into the base 4.5.0.160 OS.

As mentioned previously, the reason this particular hybrid was made was to address the specific problems that Verizon users were experiencing with the .138 and .160 OS releases.

While the question is a legitimate one, a comparison between the available hybrid OS incarnations out there will not be made by blackngray or myself.
    A little obsessive...
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

I have tried doing this exact thing, and Apploader will not detect anything new/different to install to your BB. That would necessitate a wipe or a different OS (downgrade) be made first, so that Apploader would be able to load the hybrid OS.
    A little obsessive...
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    I have tried doing this exact thing, and Apploader will not detect anything new/different to install to your BB. That would necessitate a wipe or a different OS (downgrade) be made first, so that Apploader would be able to load the hybrid OS.
    Clicking "Advanced" and choosing to wipe all Applications & Data from the device (followed by Backup all applications and data before wipe on the following screen) will force AppLoader to do the up/down/side-grade. No need for a JL_Cmdr wipe.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41 but don't open the CDMA or Java folder yet then move the Phone.alx file from the zip folder and replace it with the one you see in the window.

i dont have a shared folder option when trying to do this.....
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead.geek View Post
    Clicking "Advanced" and choosing to wipe all Applications & Data from the device (followed by Backup all applications and data before wipe on the following screen) will force AppLoader to do the up/down/side-grade. No need for a JL_Cmdr wipe.
    Good information, thanks.
    A little obsessive...
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

Then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41 but don't open the CDMA or Java folder yet then move the Phone.alx file from the zip folder and replace it with the one you see in the window.

i dont have a shared folder option when trying to do this.....
    If you downloaded and installed the .160 file to your computer, it should be there.
    A little obsessive...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

i have it downloaded and installed but i just erased it again.. so i will try it again...

thanks so much by the way for all the help i appreciate it...
    Mr. X

Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!

i have it downloaded and installed but i just erased it again.. so i will try it again...

thanks so much by the way for all the help i appreciate it...
    Erased, or uninstalled through Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs?

There is a huge difference. Uninstalling properly removes the registry entries created when a program is installed to your PC.
    A little obsessive...