New Theme: HTC IDroid - Hybrid - a Premium theme by Padgoi/95XX
Theme name: HTC IDroid Hybrid
Theme author: Padgoi
Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 95xx OS 5.0
Theme Cost: SALE PRICE $1.99
REGULAR PRICE $4.99
Download Link: HTC IDroid - Hybrid - Themes BlackBerry Apps
I lied to you all. I thought my last theme was the best one I ever created. I was wrong. This one is SOOO much better!! Why?
I bring you the HTC IDroid Hybrid theme. It takes the best features of the 3 more popular phones on the market, the HTC HD2, the Droid, and the IPhone and rolls it all into one fantastic looking, sleek, FAST theme. And yes, this one REALLY IS FAST!!
I actually deleted every other theme on my phone because I like this one so much. And I guarantee, you will too. And for only a $1.99 promo price, you can't go wrong. Trust me, you'll love it!
- HTC-style Flip clock
- IPhone-style, high quality icons
- Bottom Sliding Dock with 8 user-defined icons
- Droid-style slide-down Notifications Menu
- Droid-style meters
- Sleek, creative,and FAST!!!
- Hidden Today
Last edited by Padgoi; 04-14-2010 at 03:46 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM #2
- 2,475 Posts
You know you can just set the banner image to include the flip clock graphic over a transparent 360x480 canvas so that people can choose wahtever wallpaper they wish while still having the clock graphic there
- CrackBerry Genius
03-26-2010, 12:46 AM #4
- 2,475 Posts
Thanks KD, I'll make the change and issue an upgrade via Mobihand as soon as I get a chance.
Version 1.1 has been released to Mobihand.
- The theme is now wallpaper-friendly. You don't have to use the wallpaper provided in the Crackberry topic anymore. Go ahead, use your own Wallpaper, it will work fine now, the clock background will show over your wallpaper.
Version 1.2 has been released to Mobihand and Crackberry:
- Made bottom dock on homescreen more Droid-like, with black background and room for 16 user-defined icons.
- Aligned Notifications drop-menu better.
- Fixed hidden today blue focus bar so it spans end of entry.
- Fixed font so small letters don't appear after time on clock.
- Fixed overlapping issue when opening top notification bar and bottom dock simultaneously.
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-30-2010, 02:18 PM #9
- 127 Posts
i love the update but what banner needs to go smaller at the top its a lil to big and misplaced also the phone key pad is still being cut off .. reduce the banner and shrink the batt meter a lil it will be rite on:::9550::: V 5 . 0 . 0 . 517 Dont Push Me .. I'll Squeeze My Blackberry And Blind Your I Phone ..
- 03-30-2010, 05:01 PM #10
Good work on this. When you figured out how to make it so any wallpaper would work I had to pull the trigger and purchase it.
I like how the bottom doc only goes up half way on your screen images. Can you make both versions available? I normally only keep about 6 icons on my app screen.
I like the icons. I don't normally like IPhone style icons but these are nice.
It took me a while to find out how to get to the messages/Calendar screen but I finally figured it out.
Last edited by ba_hamilton; 03-30-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Looks amazing hamilton, good work.
I'll look into releasing another version with only two rows of icons. The first version only had the two rows, the current release was updated to include four rows to be more Droid-like.
I will be releasing another update hopefully tomorrow to fix the dialpad cutoff issue.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 03-30-2010, 07:29 PM #12
Another shot to show how wallpaper friendly this theme is.
Looking forward to the 2 row version. I didn't mention the dialpad issue in my first post because I knew you weren't going to let it go at that.
Version 1.3 has been released to Mobihand and Crackberry:
- Dialpad issue has been fixed.
- Made font size a bit bigger.
Dude, your wallpapers are ill.
- 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM #16
Just downloaded the new update. There is very little to no dial pad cutoff now. Very nice. Can I hope to see a half screen 8 icon doc menu in addition to the full screen doc menu. That would be the best.
That wall is one of Vawayne's creations from the Big Clock Face thread. Remember that one. You did a nice job with that but this one is over the top.
hamilton, I lost you, which wall?
And I will work on the 2-row version tomorrow or Friday. I'm not going to release it to the public though, I'll give you a link when it's done.
And just because I think many of you are actually going to like this theme, I'm giving away 10 free copies to the first 10 people to PM me.
- 03-31-2010, 10:35 PM #20
I like the theme but have a few issues:
1. on the homescreen (portrait view) the top banner where the message indicators are, the color is too white, the voicemail icon and radio icon don't show up on the banner. I have 2 voicemails but only the number 2 shows up and not the icon or the radio icon. Landscape view has a slight gray tint so you can almost make out the voicemail and radio icons but just barely.
2. I don't have berry weather (I use WeatherEye), is there a way to make a version that allows a user defined icon to show under the clock? If I would have known it was a Berry Weather only theme I don't think I would have purchased the theme, leaves the homescreen blank looking since that empty dark spot covers the wallpaper.
3. I found there is a QuickLaunch hot spot on the very left edge but it is really small and requires several tries to hit just the right spot. (minor annoyance).
4. The messages/calendar screen is very stubborn sometimes, it works as it is supposed to about 3 out of every 5 taps (not clicks) in the right area when trying to get it to detract back up by tapping the bottom bar.
5. The text that comes up at the bottom of the homescreen (portrait view) gets lost by the little tab to reveal the icons. When I hover over the clock, the work 'clock' appears at the bottom but you really can only make out the c and k due to the rest of the word being lost in the tab.
I would prefer the 2 row icon version, that is what I thought I was getting by looking at the screenshots in the 1st post. It wasn't until after I purchased the theme that the changes that were made were posted and what I was actually getting isn't what the screenshots represented.
Last edited by rberry88; 03-31-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fixed typos and grammarBlackBerry - Crack for the Geek Mind
rberry, I will work on those changes as soon as I can and release an update.
I'm already working on a 2-row release, but as for a non-Berryweather version, I'll have to let you know.
- 04-01-2010, 06:58 AM #22
Sorry for the all the negativity but as I said, if it was a free theme then no problems, you can do as you like, but since it is a premium theme and is advertised one way and the user gets something different but doesn't find out until after the purchase, that's what bugs me.BlackBerry - Crack for the Geek Mind
- 04-01-2010, 09:23 AM #23
I decided to try for a different look. It turned out pretty good. You don't have to put the weather under the clock for it to still look good.
The theme is Berryweather friendly. Nowhere does it say there is a weather slot on the homescreen, this is not misleading at all. Furthermore, there's simply not enough interest to add so many different versions right now. I'm not going to start making 4 different versions for 8 people. But as I promised, I will make the 8-icon bottom dock version for those interested.
Version 1.4 has been released:
- Centered clock on HTC background a bit better.
- Raised application text on homescreen so it doesn't overlap bottom dock button.
- Made top white bar on homescreen a bit darker to see voice mail number.