Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 235 12341151101 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Lyricidal's Hybrids Thread-All Builds

PLEASE Keep all questions/issues pertaining to this hybrid in it's rightful topic.
    Don't make a new topic with questions/issues - We'll gladly help you here and you will anger less people!
    Thanks and Enjoy!

Always stay up to date with my latest work at:
    BBHybrids.net or BlackBerry Apps/Hybrids by lyricidal

INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK / MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP ALL OF YOUR DATA

READ THIS/WATCH THIS FIRST
    "How To Install" Video: YouTube - How To Install Lyricidal's Hybrid or HERE

Here are simple instructions by jgutie6634 here on CB
    Step 1. Remove ALL BB OS's from your computer in Control Panel>Programs. (Device Software)
    Step 2. Remove ALL BB OS files in C:\Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files
    Step 3. Download .419[9530]/484[9500] and install onto your PC
    Step 4. Download Latest Here
    Step 5. Wipe device to 507
    Step 6. Run hybrid over .419[9530]/484[9500] then Shrink-A-OS will load up
    Step 7. Shrink what you want make sure .419[9530]/484[9500] is in the OS window up at the top. Shrink then hit the loader button.
    Step 8. After the install restore your apps and personal info, etc.
    Step 9. Do a few battery pulls to let OS settle and stabilize.
    Step 10. Enjoy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Stable version: Download Here
    Last updated: March 24th/2010

Platform/OS once installed: Platform 4.2.0.179 on 9530 or 4.2.0.220 on 9500 and OS version 5.0.0.553.
    To check this: Go to Options > Advanced > Applications > BB Button > Modules. Scroll through and you should see files with 5.0.0.5xx beside them.

This hybrid includes:
    - .553 in About screen
    - 150+ .571 files
    - 35+ .566/554/548/545/530/509 files
    - The rest .553 files
    - Latest: App World, BBM, Docs2Go, Facebook, Twitter
    - BBHybrids Launcher (Optional)
    - Shrink-A-OS (Optional, but recommended)
    - BBSAK (Optional, excellent tool)
    - BlackBerry Master Control Program (Optional, another excellent tool)
    - Multi-language Support

Added Apps:
    - BerryBlab (vBulletin client)
    - BBHybrids Theme (By Rellims)
    - Bolt/Opera(4 or 5) Browser choices
    - Poynt
    - Google Maps
    - UberTwitter
    - YouTube

Findings and Fixes for this hybrid start after this post: Lyricidal's Hybrids Thread-All Builds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by lyricidal; 03-24-10 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Updated to latest
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

You Are The Man!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can this be installed directly onto the leaked .151 I currently running?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    KER THE BETTER!!!

So happy a leak finally hit us 9530 users!!!

Will give this a run LY, hope its a beast like your previous builds (wouldn't expect anything less).

Sadly I will be moving on here real soon to a TOUR, so I won't be up in the hoopla of the 9530 leak/hybrid talks for much longer.
    GST MOTORSPORTS
    Performance, Power, Pleasure!
    Subaru & Mitsubishi Hi-Performance Shop
    Vist them @:www.gstmotorsports.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Upon first boot after loading, once I activated QuickLaunch and added an item to the list, there was an issue and the program would not launch..but after a batt pull that went away.
    After 1 pull I booted at over 46mb, which is over 6mb more than before this hybrid....
    Will post back with other results later...
    Great work!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

Weird..for me as soon as the phone booted i had the clock in front of me as usual but when I close it out my whole entire screen is black except for the one row of icons i have at the bottom which are basically empty boxes..and when i turn the phone horizontal it's still black, but when i start touching the screen the icons start to pop up..but if i try to scroll the icons disappear..

I'm gonna do a full wipe and reinstall .148 and reinstall the hybrid to see if it happens again.

wish me luck
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    KER THE BETTER!!!

Hey LY, was going to try just replacing the radio/sfi from Beta5v7 and seeing how it runs? Anyone else given this a go?
    GST MOTORSPORTS
    Performance, Power, Pleasure!
    Subaru & Mitsubishi Hi-Performance Shop
    Vist them @:www.gstmotorsports.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Loaded and working great. I boot with 41mb (I used to boot in the mid 30s). So far no problems at all. Great work Lyr. I appreciate it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Should I load this directly over LY Beta v7???
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

It's weird i did a full wipe, i uninstalled .148..and reinstalled it, reinstalled the hybrid..followed everything to the T...but i'm still having the same situation..and the funny thing is i've done Ly's hybrids dozens of times already before...and im still having the same situation
    CrackBerry Abuser

cant wait to grab this tomorrow morning
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gstiger2001 View Post
    It's weird i did a full wipe, i uninstalled .148..and reinstalled it, reinstalled the hybrid..followed everything to the T...but i'm still having the same situation..and the funny thing is i've done Ly's hybrids dozens of times already before...and im still having the same situation
    default theme???
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

yup it's the default theme
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

Should I install .151..and than just install the hybrid or java folders from there? Because I've tried the regular way 3 times and i'm getting the same results
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Should I install .151..and than just install the hybrid or java folders from there? Because I've tried the regular way 3 times and i'm getting the same results
    I'd give that a try, I'm not sure why it's not working for you - weird issue
    BBHTool Creator/Developer
    Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers
    For the latest BlackBerry OS Downloads and OTAs, check out: theiexplorers.com
    Current Device: BlackBerry Passport on Telus running 10.3.0.2267 bridged to a 32GB PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Weird..for me as soon as the phone booted i had the clock in front of me as usual but when I close it out my whole entire screen is black except for the one row of icons i have at the bottom which are basically empty boxes..and when i turn the phone horizontal it's still black, but when i start touching the screen the icons start to pop up..but if i try to scroll the icons disappear..

I'm gonna do a full wipe and reinstall .148 and reinstall the hybrid to see if it happens again.

wish me luck
    Same issue...
    Latest Lyr Hybrid
    3rd Party apps: SocialScope, Facebook, Ubertwitter, Meterberry, Pandora, SiriusXM, POYNT, Wordpress, TFLN Follow Me Facebook Google Wave- shakabob1@googlewave.com Wordpress Blog
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

At least now I'm a tiny bit happier to know that im not the only one lol...but it sucks at the same time...
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

are you guys using the .rar and copy/pasting? or using the installers? or have you tried both?
    Quite a few users have got this installed and are not facing this same issue so I'm curious as to what's happening
    were you able to navigate to Options > About at all to see if it was /151 + platform .186?
    It sounds as if the radio didn't change - if you keep the full .151 Java, it won't work with the .148 radio and you'll see the same thing you're seeing now
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-10-09 at 01:04 AM.
    Current Device: BlackBerry Passport on Telus running 10.3.0.2267 bridged to a 32GB PlayBook
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    The cat lady stole it

I installed the .151 over L's v7 hybrid, with no issue, with v7 i ran at 45mb all day, I have had the straight .151 for over 5 hours and its holding at 49 with a boot at 51. I love L's hybrids but i dont see how he can make this any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aver View Post
    Pulling build numbers out of thin air are we?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

i've been using the installers..i tried to yous the .rar but i get permission denied when trying to extract the files from the rar...
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

i've been using the installers..i tried to yous the .rar but i get permission denied when trying to extract the files from the rar...
    try right clicking the installer and clicking "Run as Admin" to help make sure the files get overwritten (if you haven't already done this)
    this really does sound like the radio file not getting changed now
    (PS edited my post above after you replied, so dunno if you read it)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

will try again..lets see what happens
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lyricidal View Post
    are you guys using the .rar and copy/pasting? or using the installers? or have you tried both?
    Quite a few users have got this installed and are not facing this same issue so I'm curious as to what's happening
    were you able to navigate to Options > About at all to see if it was /151 + platform .186?
    It sounds as if the radio didn't change - if you keep the full .151 Java, it won't work with the .148 radio and you'll see the same thing you're seeing now
    I used the 64bit installer, did not run as admin, but did everything as I normally do with your hybrids. I'll try to run again as admin, hope that works.
    Latest Lyr Hybrid
    3rd Party apps: SocialScope, Facebook, Ubertwitter, Meterberry, Pandora, SiriusXM, POYNT, Wordpress, TFLN Follow Me Facebook Google Wave- shakabob1@googlewave.com Wordpress Blog
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

All is as you decribed with 151 and .186. I'm trying again as admin to see if that works.
    Latest Lyr Hybrid
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048668D

I tried again with "run as admininstrator" and still the same thing...any luck yomonk1?
Page 1 of 235 12341151101 ... LastLast