Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
Like Tree57Likes
  1. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #26  

    Default

    @ Mecca. Let me know when you find a good housing. I plan on changing mine as well..
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
  2. Azensun's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #27  

    Default

    Tardy to the party yet again! Looking forward as always to running another Mecca hybrid.
    BlackBerry Passport | AT&T
  3. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    @ Mecca. Let me know when you find a good housing. I plan on changing mine as well..
    I recently changed mine. Phone looks so new

    Only problem, there is no opening for the microphone at the back
  4. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    @ Mecca. Let me know when you find a good housing. I plan on changing mine as well..
    There's a supplier on eBay, with the AT&T housings. I'll send you a link to their site in a few.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    WWFD - What Would Far0uk Do?

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Thanked by:
    Blacklatino (02-12-2013) 
  5. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgshah3 View Post
    I recently changed mine. Phone looks so new

    Only problem, there is no opening for the microphone at the back
    Pics or it didn't happen
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    WWFD - What Would Far0uk Do?

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  6. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Huh? Didn't get you
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
  7. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgshah3 View Post
    Huh? Didn't get you
    Take some pics and "POST" them on here to verify your comments.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
  8. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    There's a supplier on eBay, with the AT&T housings. I'll send you a link to their site in a few.

    Ok.

    Also, my latest @ 29C, 2.14% hr. after 16.0 hrs. Also, 58% battery left.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
  9. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    not that clear.. took them from a webcam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810-webcam-toy-photo36.jpg   LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810-webcam-toy-photo37.jpg   LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810-webcam-toy-photo38.jpg  
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
    Mecca EL and TechFossil like this.
  10. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #35  

    Default

    my old body
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810-img-20130111-00133.jpg  
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
  11. marcho11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    210 Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgshah3 View Post
    my old body LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810-img-20130111-00133.jpg
    Man, I remember in a thread a while ago that you mentioned your phone was getting beat up, but that phone has taken a beating. I suppose that is also a lot of love, too. Regardless.....

    I will NEVER let you borrow my car.
  12. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcho11 View Post
    Man, I remember in a thread a while ago that you mentioned your phone was getting beat up, but that phone has taken a beating. I suppose that is also a lot of love, too. Regardless.....

    I will NEVER let you borrow my car.
    Hahahaha yeah! It had to happen. I don't handle gadgets with care

    Its the most I've ever used a phone! Been 1 and a half years almost!

    Don't worry, I don't know how to drive, I'm not 18 yet
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
    Blacklatino and Azensun like this.
  13. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcho11 View Post
    Man, I remember in a thread a while ago that you mentioned your phone was getting beat up, but that phone has taken a beating. I suppose that is also a lot of love, too. Regardless.....

    I will NEVER let you borrow my car.
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Too funny!! Agreed! And from the looks of the new housing, you've dropped that already.

    Nice work on the rebuild, Shah.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    WWFD - What Would Far0uk Do?

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  14. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! Too funny!! Agreed! And from the looks of the new housing, you've dropped that already.

    Nice work on the rebuild, Shah.
    Dropped it on the 2nd day fell from my hand and I held it against my bed's edge

    I got it done from a local guy. Paid about 1700 inr, about 30$
    Mecca EL likes this.
  15. Azensun's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #40  

    Default

    Geez, I thought mine looked bad with a few nicks! Nice job on the new housing! Now get a case! LOL

    Lambda is working great. Good battery life, no dropped calls, etc., etc. Love Mecca hybrids!
    BlackBerry Passport | AT&T
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
  16. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #41  

    Default

    @Shah. Mine is not that bad, but, I need to change mine as well. Already ordered 2 housing.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
  17. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgshah3 View Post
    Hahahaha yeah! It had to happen. I don't handle gadgets with care

    Its the most I've ever used a phone! Been 1 and a half years almost!

    Don't worry, I don't know how to drive, I'm not 18 yet
    Not 18!!! Ok. That explains a few things for me.


    Nice job on the housing.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
    Mecca EL and rgshah3 like this.
  18. rgshah3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    926 Posts
    Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    28203623
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBNewB5 View Post
    Geez, I thought mine looked bad with a few nicks! Nice job on the new housing! Now get a case! LOL

    Lambda is working great. Good battery life, no dropped calls, etc., etc. Love Mecca hybrids!
    Nah.. Cases don't fit on this housing :P its a bit big. Like maybe 2mm or so

    And cases spoil the back of my slider and make sliding very rough
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
  19. peteygrizz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Just figured I would chime in that this hybrid is a proven winner on both my 9810 and 9900. Battery life has been excellent for me and after close to 300 phone calls, I have not had had a single dropped call, on my end at least.
    HTC One Mini and Blackberry Playbook 64GB
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
  20. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #45  

    Default LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810

    New Torch user here... After Storms, Pearls and Curves, now has come the time for the Torch... So far I am really impressed with the overall performance of this device... Don't know if I want to upgrade to a BB10 device anymore :P...
    Been running stock OS .794 for a month now but it's time to load some hybrid.. Must say I'm not familiar with any of your builds but the name OSBB says it all...
    I'll load it tomorrow and report...


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
  21. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,747 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,752 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GilVaz View Post
    New Torch user here... After Storms, Pearls and Curves, now has come the time for the Torch... So far I am really impressed with the overall performance of this device... Don't know if I want to upgrade to a BB10 device anymore :P...
    Been running stock OS .794 for a month now but it's time to load some hybrid.. Must say I'm not familiar with any of your builds but the name OSBB says it all...
    I'll load it tomorrow and report...

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Well, whether you utilize his first or his latest hybrid, you will enjoy using whatever you choose.
    Old ZEN Saying: "Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind." / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm./ My Zin: I can't help everyone....but, I can help someone./ Shh...Mrs. Peevers' biggest fan. / BB10 OS Archives
  22. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #47  

    Default LAMBDA PRIME for the Torch 9810

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    Well, whether you utilize his first or his latest hybrid, you will enjoy using whatever you choose.
    I do believe so!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
  23. Phly_kid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    287 Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want it
    #48  

    Default

    Hello Mecca, just thought I mentioned that I did try to install this particular hybrid on my torch 9810, I'm yet to find a satisfactory OS that actually lasts on my blackberry. To my amazement i had the most strangest experience ever. I wiped my phone clean with bbsak and {i might have forgotten to close bbsak} not sure if that affected anything but when I ran loader I noticed a very short list of apps. I had downloaded the entire zipped file, extracted it to desktop. You state that we rename the .825 base to official OS I just deleted mine coz I have a backup of it. I moved the .825 base of your hybrid to the loader folder. I had done all this prior to wiping the phone with bbsak.

    When I ran loader I saw the shortest list of apps ever. At first i was surprised but thought perhaps you were trying to make it as lean of a hybrid as possible removing all th eextras and then the user will install whet they want. Needless to say it was the squickest reinstall of an OS ever. Less than 5 minutes the phone was up and running. But the problem was reinstalling the stuff. I noticed all teh unnecessary languages had been removed including Documents to go, facebook, twitter, even appworld was not installed. i struglled to reinstall BBM as i couldnt do that online otherwise everything else I had a backup or knew where to install it from. That is the only reason I decided to cut my loss and reinstall a different hybrid. I asked a friend who had loaded same hybrid and he confirmed it was strange and weird and not normal.

    Not venting or discouraging anyone or anything of that sort. Just an interesting experience I thought I'd share. No idea what happened as I never shrink anything out of any hybrid as its usually perfect as it is.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

    Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

    What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
  24. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,433 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    Hello Mecca, just thought I mentioned that I did try to install this particular hybrid on my torch 9810, I'm yet to find a satisfactory OS that actually lasts on my blackberry. To my amazement i had the most strangest experience ever. I wiped my phone clean with bbsak and {i might have forgotten to close bbsak} not sure if that affected anything but when I ran loader I noticed a very short list of apps. I had downloaded the entire zipped file, extracted it to desktop. You state that we rename the .825 base to official OS I just deleted mine coz I have a backup of it. I moved the .825 base of your hybrid to the loader folder. I had done all this prior to wiping the phone with bbsak.

    When I ran loader I saw the shortest list of apps ever. At first i was surprised but thought perhaps you were trying to make it as lean of a hybrid as possible removing all th eextras and then the user will install whet they want. Needless to say it was the squickest reinstall of an OS ever. Less than 5 minutes the phone was up and running. But the problem was reinstalling the stuff. I noticed all teh unnecessary languages had been removed including Documents to go, facebook, twitter, even appworld was not installed. i struglled to reinstall BBM as i couldnt do that online otherwise everything else I had a backup or knew where to install it from. That is the only reason I decided to cut my loss and reinstall a different hybrid. I asked a friend who had loaded same hybrid and he confirmed it was strange and weird and not normal.

    Not venting or discouraging anyone or anything of that sort. Just an interesting experience I thought I'd share. No idea what happened as I never shrink anything out of any hybrid as its usually perfect as it is.
    You may have overlooked the part of my instructions, where I said "I recommend using BBHTools to unshrink any apps that I've already shrunk - because I use alot of betas - then shrink to your liking."

    This would have restored my hybrid to its full state, and the apps that you expected to see would be available. It's unfortunate you found LP not to your liking. Thanks for testing though.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    WWFD - What Would Far0uk Do?

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  25. Phly_kid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    287 Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want it
    #50  

    Default

    Ah I must admit I didn't notice that part. Not very used to your method of installing the OS. I will still try the hybrid again. Simply because it is specific to torch 9810. A device I own and love and what you have created is specific to it. Just waiting to hear a friends opinion on it who is using it right now in comparison to a prior OS then I may very well try it again. Much respect for the work you put into making your hybrids.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

    Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

    What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (02-19-2013) 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GAMMA PRIME for the Torch 9810
    By Mecca EL in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM
  2. Official OS 7.0.0.585 for the Torch 9810
    By Adam Zeis in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
  3. OS 7.1.0.74 for the torch 9810
    By takuma089 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 12:11 AM
  4. Netflix for the Torch 9810?
    By sqa4life in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM
  5. AT&T Stores Receiving Display Instructions for the Torch 9810
    By ZMc1834 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Posting Permissions