Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default KAPPA PRIME for the 9810 is here!!!

    Hot on the heels of Eta and Theta Prime comes Kappa Prime. This is one of the fastest loading hybrid OS made, to date.

    It's also one of the best OS for longest battery life. I've compiled many a hybrid for the 9810, and have yet to experience the performance of Kappa Prime

    Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

    If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this hybrid and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what Iím saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

    As with the former Primes, installation is simple: download and save Kappa Prime.zip to your desktop, unzip the content to your desktop; next - if you haven't already - download and install Star Hub 7.1.0.794 OS to your computer, once installation is complete, navigate to the Loader Files folder, open, and rename the official .794 folder "(official os)" and leave this folder open; drag and drop Kappa Prime's folder into the open Loader Files folder and delete "(Kappa Prime)" in the name string of that folder.

    You are now ready to install a Prime hybrid OS.

    I recommend using BBHTools to unshrink any apps that I've already shrunk - because I use alot of betas - then shrink to your liking.

    As usual, I'm here to fully support Kappa Prime. If there's anything outside of the subject of this thread, that you may need assistance with, PM me.

    Install and enjoy. Happ holidays

    Mecca EL - OSBB team member

    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwr-p-fOgF2pNXdhczRFMDIxc2M
    Thanked by 4:
    Azensun (12-22-2012),  Blacklatino (12-21-2012),  Emmanuel Malho (12-23-2012),  TechFossil (12-21-2012) 
    Azensun and Emmanuel Malho like this.
  2. Phly_kid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    287 Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want it
    #2  

    Default

    Ahhh, just as i'm testing another hybrid then you release this one. Much appreciation for catering for us torch users. I'm still getting used to your method of installing the hybrids but thank you for your work.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

    Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

    What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    Thanked by 2:
    Blacklatino (12-21-2012),  Mecca EL (12-21-2012) 
    Mecca EL likes this.
  3. TechFossil's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #3  

    Default KAPPA PRIME for the 9810 is here!!!

    Theta was based on C-Bell .746 and is fine in my AT&T problem area. Am I right in assuming this one may not work for me?

    Thanks for more quality hybrids.

    --TF

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Running .912 with .861 SFI for 9810.
    Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (12-21-2012) 
  4. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TechFossil View Post
    Theta was based on C-Bell .746 and is fine in my AT&T problem area. Am I right in assuming this one may not work for me?

    Thanks for more quality hybrids.

    --TF

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Works perfectly, for AT&T users. Two of my most trusted traveling testers, have been using Kappa Prime for over a week with zero loss in call quality, due to the dreaded mic problem. OS .794 is sound.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Thanked by:
    Azensun (12-26-2012) 
    Azensun likes this.
  5. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,431 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #5  

    Thumbs up

    @Mecca

    I want to personally thank you for allowing me to use this hybrid. I'll hold off posting about this great hybrid and let others try it out and see for themselves what this hybrid can do. I have been amazed as well at the numbers that I've sent to you regarding this hybrid. LOL, since I am a "Kappa" Man, I had no choice. Honestly, I would have tried it if you called it "pickle-on-a-stick". Mainly, because I know what I'm getting with your hybrids. Also, for those that want to ask the obvious- which hybrid is better, can't answer that out of respect for others that also create hybrids and my answer would be very subjective. Even if I don't like the hybrid, I'm not going to talk ish about it. Why? Because the next guy or a newbie may get the wrong impression about what we've always tried to strive for on this site......helping others. What works for one may not work for another based on a number of issues with a lot of them starting with the man-in-the-mirror as user error- 1st. I can say this because NO ONE I've ever known- past or current have ever released a hybrid OS that wasn't working or intentionally to "brick" someone's BlackBerry. Who am I? Just a CrackBerry guy, that (in the past) always searched for hybrids.......on other sites- whether in english or other languages. Some excellent, some good, and some I've had to add .cods to modify and make it work for me. Never complained or griped about any abuse that "I" caused any of my BlackBerries....just fixed them and moved on.

    As always, the best way to tell if you like it is to try it. Just follow the directives, download, install, enjoy. Give it a few days to settle. If you've been using other hybrids, allow more time to settle. For those that don't know, Mecca has been around for longer than a minute and making excellent hybrids from his first to his latest. I recommend this hybrid OS to anyone that enjoys a good operating system....that has been enhanced. Again, thanks, Mecca. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-21-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Left my d8mn glasses at home. :)
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (12-21-2012) 
  6. TechFossil's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I loaded Kappa Prime and so far so good. In the past, with problem loads I could tell on the first incoming or outgoing call that I had the 'mic' problem. No problems in test calls with Kappa. I'm looking forward to seeing what the battery performance is after a couple days of battery pulls. I'll report in again later.

    Thanks again Mecca!
  7. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,701 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,749 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #7  

    Default

    Hey Mecca, I've noticed for the past year or so that non hybrid OS updates don't disconnect me from BES, they just re-activate automatically. Will this hybrid do the same or will I need a new activation password?
  8. Azensun's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,761 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    @Mecca

    I want to personally thank you for allowing me to use this hybrid. I'll hold off posting about this great hybrid and let others try it out and see for themselves what this hybrid can do. I have been amazed as well at the numbers that I've sent to you regarding this hybrid. LOL, since I am a "Kappa" Man, I had no choice. Honestly, I would have tried it if you called it "pickle-on-a-stick". Mainly, because I know what I'm getting with your hybrids. Also, for those that want to ask the obvious- which hybrid is better, can't answer that out of respect for others that also create hybrids and my answer would be very subjective. Even if I don't like the hybrid, I'm not going to talk ish about it. Why? Because the next guy or a newbie may get the wrong impression about what we've always tried to strive for on this site......helping others. What works for one may not work for another based on a number of issues with a lot of them starting with the man-in-the-mirror as user error- 1st. I can say this because NO ONE I've ever known- past or current have ever released a hybrid OS that wasn't working or intentionally to "brick" someone's BlackBerry. Who am I? Just a CrackBerry guy, that (in the past) always searched for hybrids.......on other sites- whether in english or other languages. Some excellent, some good, and some I've had to add .cods to modify and make it work for me. Never complained or griped about any abuse that "I" caused any of my BlackBerries....just fixed them and moved on.

    As always, the best way to tell if you like it is to try it. Just follow the directives, download, install, enjoy. Give it a few days to settle. If you've been using other hybrids, allow more time to settle. For those that don't know, Mecca has been around for longer than a minute and making excellent hybrids from his first to his latest. I recommend this hybrid OS to anyone that enjoys a good operating system....that has been enhanced. Again, thanks, Mecca. Much appreciated.
    +1, BL!! Couldn't have said it better myself! Kappa is an awesome hybrid; and Mecca is so good at building these.
    Z10| AT&T
    Blacklatino likes this.
  9. Azensun's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,761 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    Works perfectly, for AT&T users. Two of my most trusted traveling testers, have been using Kappa Prime for over a week with zero loss in call quality, due to the dreaded mic problem. OS .794 is sound.
    "OS .794 is sound" is an understatement! Thank you for this one, Mecca!
    Z10| AT&T
  10. Royhoentor's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    98 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    sorry I can not download
  11. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royhoentor View Post
    sorry I can not download
    I'll check the links permissions...
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  12. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,104 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royhoentor View Post
    sorry I can not download
    Copy the file address in post one and paste it into your browser and it will take you to the download page.
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

    If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
  13. Royhoentor's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    98 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post
    Copy the file address in post one and paste it into your browser and it will take you to the download page.
    but it notice me that internet is error why?
  14. peraspera's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Download links is not working. I have a google account but when i click download link it says the file cannot be checked for viruses and suggests to download anyway. i click yes but nothing happens. Tried Opera Chrome IE all three the same.
  15. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Hmmm...I just tested the link here 3 times, and was able to download. Tested my laptop, PB and phone. Try dl'ing from your phone and report results please.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  16. peraspera's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Well it works - Opera Mini on BB9810 get the link from google docs and started download. By the way UC and system browser didnt make it.
  17. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    Hey Mecca, I've noticed for the past year or so that non hybrid OS updates don't disconnect me from BES, they just re-activate automatically. Will this hybrid do the same or will I need a new activation password?
    Reactivation should be automatic. I have to ask one of my testers, who's on BES. It wasn't brought to my attention, during the week of testing though.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  18. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,701 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,749 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #18  

    Default

    I ran into an app error (200) on reconnection prior to backup restore. Had to go to 796 stock. Didn't automatically reactivate. I'm now trying to track down my BES admin to reactivate. Not sure what lead to the error. Likely a shrinking issue.
  19. Mecca EL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,282 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    I ran into an app error (200) on reconnection prior to backup restore. Had to go to 796 stock. Didn't automatically reactivate. I'm now trying to track down my BES admin to reactivate. Not sure what lead to the error. Likely a shrinking issue.
    Do you recall exactly what you shrunk?
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

    "I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
  20. Emmanuel Malho's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Trying this one on!
    Thanks for the build!
  21. peteygrizz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Been running this for over a week and the battery life is AMAZING, not to mention the excellent browser performance and touch response. Thanks again, Mecca well done!
    HTC One Mini and Blackberry Playbook 64GB
  22. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,431 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #22  

    Default KAPPA PRIME for the 9810 is here!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by peteygrizz View Post
    Been running this for over a week and the battery life is AMAZING, not to mention the excellent browser performance and touch response. Thanks again, Mecca well done!
    Total agreement with your comments.

    Sent from my sexy BlackBerry 9810 on Kappa Prime OS. (~_*)
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
  23. satchit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    367 Posts
    PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    #23  

    Default KAPPA PRIME for the 9810 is here!!!

    Installed Kappa on my 9810 , but battery is draining @ 15.9% hour.
    Can someone provide me with a solution ??

    Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
  24. satchit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    367 Posts
    PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    #24  

    Default KAPPA PRIME for the 9810 is here!!!

    I have to admit , touch works awesome

    Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
  25. peteygrizz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satchit View Post
    Installed Kappa on my 9810 , but battery is draining @ 15.9% hour.
    Can someone provide me with a solution ??

    Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    I would give it some time and three or four battery pulls to settle down.
    HTC One Mini and Blackberry Playbook 64GB
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OSBB: Alpha Prime for the 9810
    By Mecca EL in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
  2. Skype for the 9850 is here finally! Verizon only
    By netwerks1 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
  3. verizon OS 4.7.0.141 for the 9530 is here
    By 4ce in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
  4. iheart radio for the storm is here
    By Donkeyhuff in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 04:57 PM
  5. 4.5 for the 8120 is HERE!
    By hawklet00 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions