- 12-20-2012, 07:45 AM #853
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-20-2012, 07:21 PM #855
- 4 Posts
I asked a similar question. I just learnt that the sfi is the radio file found in the UMTS folder. But what does it do, and how do i get it? because i see a lot of posts saying i used this sfi, and that sfi, and i wonder where they get the other sfi's from. And what's the best sfi for curve 9320
- CrackBerry User
12-20-2012, 11:45 PM #8589900 + .
- 53 Posts
746(Rogers).794(China Unicom) + .714(fat sfi) + BlReturnsV3+ RC10
- 12-21-2012, 02:11 AM #860
Easiest way is when you install a particular OS such .714, you go to the folder where the OS is installed, in that folder there will be several files plus two folders. One called Java, the other called UMTS. In the umts folder is one single file. THAT is the sfi file. What I have done coz i load alot of hybrids is back up that UMTS folder. COPY it somewhere maybe on the desktop, rename the folder to something like ".714 SFI" and thats it.
Now if next time you install .746 OS you can do the same, back up the UMTS folder and rename it saving it somewhere on your pc. If you need to use the .714 SFI with that .746 OS then you'll just copy the file inside the backed up UMTS folder and copy over the file inside the UMTS folder which will in turn overwrite the .746 radio file with the .714 radio file. And thats how that cookie crumbles.
- 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM #862
its totally up to you. if you have a backed up another sfi somewhere then yea you can. People usually change the SFI if they have had a prior one that has given them exceptional performance. Not just changing for the sake of changing. Stick with .747 base and sfi as you mentioned unless you have some network issues
- CrackBerry Addict
12-22-2012, 01:24 PM #865
- 917 Posts
One thing Zoc & BL team: net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod from .747 won't work with Custom6 themes, won't let you see homescreen preferences. need the one from 220.127.116.111.
Here's a link to it, needs to be copied into install java folder, or injected after install to allow access.
Curve 9300> Bold 9700> Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-28-2012, 03:34 PM #867
- 8 Posts
I have some quick questions about the last build for OS6 before I "kill" my phone :
- I downloaded "BL Ultimate OS6 v2.0.0" and the update "BL Ultimate OS6 v3.0.0", overwritten all files in the package, I guess this was the right thing to do ?
- the first post instructions about the BBM are only for the OS7 version or also for the OS6 version ?
- instructions with "net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod" and "net_rim_bb_virtual_keyboard_layout480x640.cod ", same question as above ?
- let's say I want also (for example) the Sudoku or any other app from the official build. I figured it out that I need to copy the alx file and the corresponding cod file from the "java" folder. Is this correct or I just install them manually after ?
- CrackBerry Master
12-31-2012, 03:06 AM #869
- 1,009 Posts
whats the difference between this thread and the "BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices" thread?
are the updates different or the same?
- CrackBerry Genius
12-31-2012, 03:18 AM #870
- 1,512 Posts
BerryLicious Returns, for OS 6 and 7.1
Please see my reply in the Ultimate Thread, BL Returns is created by Iking.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL HybridBold 9900 with BL 7.1 BL Ultimate RC20Blackberry Z10 with OS 10.2.1.1055 Leak osBerrylicio.us Staff Member
- By jly.public in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 3Last Post: 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
- By Aaryan_25 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 9Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
- By zocster in forum Hybrid OSReplies: 313Last Post: 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
- By J31x in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 26Last Post: 06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
- By mrfizzed in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM