- CrackBerry User
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM #676
- 46 Posts
- 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM #677
ok i've loaded many OSes into my device before, but after loading BL returns 2.0, and after a few battery pulls while installing apps and few hours gone by, my 9900 did the freeze at boot up. reaches the letter E and stops. did a few reboots, stops at letter A. another few reboots, totally died. no red light. nothing. pulled battery ten over times. still dead. any ideas?
- 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM #685
I just need to be sure here. Do I move the Java files from the standard installation destination to the Java folder or do I just point the installation destination to the Java folder?
Last edited by GreenduckDK; 11-19-2012 at 03:44 PM.
- CrackBerry Genius
11-19-2012, 03:31 PM #686
- 3,037 Posts
Also the initial boot up does take a while I don't think much of it, hope you get your sh!t resolved!Powered by my BlackBerry
9000> 9700> 9650> 9780> 9900> 9790> Q10> Z30>PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1xxx
- CrackBerry User
11-19-2012, 06:25 PM #689
- 45 Posts
- I hate BBM...
first impression (I hope to be wrong) on reception (large 714 SFI): compared to V.1.0.0 (and also to RC8A1) seems a bit less sensible in areas with weak signal (I have several places where usually I test signals for phones)...
Usually fat .714 SFI responded a bit better also on older hybrids....
maybe time to stick with large .746 SFI and replace good old fat .714???BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 | Bold™ 9790 | Torch™ 9810 | Curve™ 9360 | Bold™ 9780 | 7.1 BL Ultimate Hybrid
- CrackBerry Master
11-19-2012, 09:59 PM #690
- 1,241 Posts
i also have this confusion whether to use .746 small or large. today, Cincinnati Bell has released .746 os with 71mb sfi. how is large sfi of .746 with .714? Right now, I am using 714 large on .746 base with return2.0. I see no difference in performance bet RC8A1 and return 2.0. Almost similar ADR and memory loss.
Prithvi 2BDCB97F (Z30/10.3.1.1154)
- CrackBerry Newbie
11-20-2012, 05:21 AM #691
- 5 Posts
Testing since this morning OS .746 base and .714 large Orange France .sfi
Trying both on the same time large .714 .sfi (was on .746 large before but fire .sfi) and that v2 mixture....will report results after differents uses.
- 11-20-2012, 01:14 PM #692
Reporting in , BL Returns V2.0 installed , Flawless installation and that too on my first attempt ,
1. First second and third boots very long , so dont get heart-attack when it gets stuck at the E and do multiple battery pulls , also dont stare at it long enough , that will just increase anxiety , It works perfectly fine , And gmail contacts sync was also much faster.
2. After setting up the email , it doesnt instanteously sync all your contacts, takes some time.
3, Contacts app froze for me the first time , since I was too impatient to open it first time , But battery pulls fixes it.
4. Attached are screenshots of BBM with voice , no voice was initiated , just for your curious minds (Made with BBSAK) (Oh and as Zocs mentioned in the first post , you need to have a blackberry beta zone account , which is free , and it asks when u open BBM the first time , Im not a big bbm user , but it tells you to do some backups of something , so if you are a BBM user with groups and chats and stuff , better do that backup thing first )
5. Whatsapp installation takes some time so hang in there
6. Viber installation takes some time, if you make multiple requests for the activation code via sms , you will be blocked for 24 hours
1. Faster Signal Lock.
2. My timezone finally gets set the first time.
3. Wireless lock seems a tad faster.
As always thanks to the zocs ifraser and entire team and all in this thread for their invaluable advices
Last edited by phatmaan; 11-20-2012 at 02:27 PM.
- CrackBerry User
11-20-2012, 05:16 PM #693
- 87 Posts
- Ask if you need
Before installing this i had V1 return. Now i'm installing V2 return and it asks me if i want to install this os because it is older/ lower that i had. This is because in V2 you guys used some older cods? I'm right or doing something wrong?
- 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM #694
- 11-21-2012, 03:45 AM #697
Last edited by phatmaan; 11-21-2012 at 07:30 AM.
- CrackBerry Newbie
11-21-2012, 06:33 AM #698
- 3 Posts
(Consumer) BlackBerry Messenger 7.0
Nov 20, 2012
For security purposes, use ofthis version of BlackBerry Messengersoftware is currently protected by a keycode.We useyour PIN to generate a unique keycode for access to the application.
Your keycode is as follows:
WIzS1JI66XLWfCC/kxt888H4PkVMSt84/3FZG1741zZjWVTWQJ8H5wvxCM/OYuhQguAMVsj/aWlFXSaKsXxFnP3a1e+aPr1dReI18Gt+bx6Y4FyHIJMIdjRkWv CjLoyl6GLkBaovJmciVQln4rjJ9WuGsDi1NF2U4srG0V0cNJ4y oJohYarBbwS+iRSzTn6R3JaKuruazRsQjqNymYU280Wte2CMDC cE2SnS0Ygn1/99YpXHo+6joR5jHdtqWpBv0yXNNgSeZIY6MUTrubI27DIJX7XP sWFhPLa6J/0dQjOGiH0zdFnG4E6FqTKgE1eu52uBdKOnw
To enter your keycode, copy it from this email (highlight the keycode and, from the menu, select Copy).
Then, paste it when requested into the software (from the menu, select Paste).
BlackBerry® Beta Zone Administrator
- 11-21-2012, 07:31 AM #699
@pkkhiu - Oh , i've not received any such mail , maybe its region specific ?
- By jly.public in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 3Last Post: 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
- By Aaryan_25 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 9Last Post: 01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
- By zocster in forum Hybrid OSReplies: 313Last Post: 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
- By J31x in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 26Last Post: 06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
- By mrfizzed in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM