Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 290 of 434 FirstFirst ... 190240280287288289290291292293300340390 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 10832
Like Tree5574Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    This is not the first time and if one looks at most of my pasts posts it has something to do with the temps on my phone. I really have no idea but CPU usage could be a good possibilty. I really dont leave apps in the background running except when i forget to exit out of whatsapp but thats it. I got the standard apps and the extra, podtrapper, sugarsync, fightin friends are all close when i dont use em. Fighting friends is what i use most and the rest rarely. Could be an indicator problem. Granted its summer here and its hot but only around 28 degrees on average in the day> I've come to suspect that maybe its the readings that are somehow not a true indicator however all apps i try give me the same readings. Usually i'm not concerned until i feel the heat thru the cover/phone casing and its higher or way warmer bordering on hot than normal. I cant think of any other explanation. Phone never behaves weird like random reboot or closing apps randomly or any other weird scenarios i see posted. Now its at 38degrees, feeling slightly warm but its plugged into the charger, if i use it then it may shoot up to say 42degrees, atleast with this OS. with 714 OS i would rarely see 35 degrees. and if its around 34 i would feel it extremely hot like when i have 825 and it reaches above 40 degrees
    It's 0 C here today. How about we trade? Seriously... if the ambient is that high, when you're "using" the phone or charging the battery, it's going to get pretty warm. When I'm using my phone heavily, it will get into the high 20s or low 30s, but that's starting from 20 ambient. I still think you have an app that's either using a lot of cpu or a lot data. If you want to get to the bottom of this, you're going to have to bite the bullet and experiment. Try removing a few apps or if you want to narrow it down quickly, just remove them all and see what happens. If the phone is still hot, wipe it and reinstall the OS. If it's still hot, try another OS or sfi. I just upgraded to .825 and my idle phone is sitting at 21, which is room temperature. It was the same with .794. I found with .714 (small) that the phone operated maybe a degree or two cooler in use than it did with .794. I haven't used .825 long enough to notice any difference from .794 under use.
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    CrackBerry User

Hi,

Right Now I feel all is going well ....
    I got a 17.6%/Hour Discharge , with the heavy usage everyday from whatapps to facebook to twitter and emails.

I tried this thanks to the guys who are helpful on this website.
    825 sfi and base with x'mas edition

Presently My Reading show the device as 7.1 Bundle 2247 (v7.1.0.807, Platform 5.1.0.593)
    Could anyone validate that I have install the 825 sfi and Xmas edition right.
    My OS stating 7.1.0.807..

My Signal really sucks at times on 3g its right now at office giving me a -101dBm On Homescreen show one bar.
    Thank you.
    CrackBerry User

Hi Quinshel,

The "Platform 5.1.0.593" will be the SFI version. This is the .825 SFI.

Regards,
    ReBeL
    BB Bold 9900 - BL Ultimate RC15 (7.1.0.923 base + SFI)
    CrackBerry User

Hi,

Thanks for the review..

So I think I got to redo to get 825.platform..

I would get back to you on this.. thanks..
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Quinshel View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the review..

So I think I got to redo to get 825.platform..

I would get back to you on this.. thanks..
    No you do not need to redo. You are currently running BL Ultimate Xmas Edition with a .825 SFI.
    BB Bold 9900 - BL Ultimate RC15 (7.1.0.923 base + SFI)
    CrackBerry User

Ok, sound cool.

Thanks for the help..
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    It's 0 C here today. How about we trade? Seriously... if the ambient is that high, when you're "using" the phone or charging the battery, it's going to get pretty warm. When I'm using my phone heavily, it will get into the high 20s or low 30s, but that's starting from 20 ambient. I still think you have an app that's either using a lot of cpu or a lot data. If you want to get to the bottom of this, you're going to have to bite the bullet and experiment. Try removing a few apps or if you want to narrow it down quickly, just remove them all and see what happens. If the phone is still hot, wipe it and reinstall the OS. If it's still hot, try another OS or sfi. I just upgraded to .825 and my idle phone is sitting at 21, which is room temperature. It was the same with .794. I found with .714 (small) that the phone operated maybe a degree or two cooler in use than it did with .794. I haven't used .825 long enough to notice any difference from .794 under use.
    .794 was the worst. tried it and saw 40 degrees from the get go and i instantly removed it. Last night I replaced the .825 SFI with .714 SFI and temps are now reaching 35degrees. Idle temps - which for me is at night when i'm sleeping - is now around 19 degrees. The base too is hotter than the .746 base of cincinatti bell. I will try test all the apps one by one, yesterday I had the crackberry app and that pushed the temps up. I no longer have it. Thanks for the advice and i will try investigate and see what could be pushing the temps up from idle 19degrees to more than 15degrees up when i use it.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Default BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices

Seems to be quite a few base+sfi combos being tried. Right now, x-mas with .794 base and stock sfi have been pretty good. Average temp 25C with moderate usage and ADR of .70%. With the hotter temp sfi's I tend to get better signal strength.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    282CA0FD

Hi all. I am on 2833 release. Use vendelete to install the software. My 9900 is working great on this release.
    No problems. My battery over the past 2 years hasn't been lasting as long. Although I have put it in my freezer.
    I usually put it in my deep freezer overnight. Now my phone runs much cooler. When freezing the battery
    I also freeze the phone memory card and sim taken apart in a freezer bag. Then let it thaw
    Sometimes can help fix internal memory problems on my memory card.
    Thanked by:
    dataphry (01-24-2013) 
    dataphry likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    26F6EFA8

Quote Originally Posted by falena1122 View Post
    link with 714 sfi without needing to install the os and copy its sfi.... rim0x07001204.sfi
    just copy that to the UMTS folder where os is installed in your pc
    thanks!
    after replacing the file, do i have run the loader again or something?
    or do i just replace it and keep it like that?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prashob619 View Post
    thanks!
    After replacing the sfi, you need to install the OS again on the phone in order for the changes to take effect on the phone
    Thanked by:
    prashob619 (01-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    282CA0FD

Same here. When my phone is idle about 21 C. If I am using it heavily it's about 25. 2833 I find it better blutoothas well. Strange it
    Doesn't use AD2P service but I can stream fine to my car or vaio notebook.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by sonic7777 View Post
    Hi all. I am on 2833 release. Use vendelete to install the software. My 9900 is working great on this release.
    No problems. My battery over the past 2 years hasn't been lasting as long. Although I have put it in my freezer.
    I usually put it in my deep freezer overnight. Now my phone runs much cooler. When freezing the battery
    I also freeze the phone memory card and sim taken apart in a freezer bag. Then let it thaw
    .... What??
    Mi.key likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Interesting
    9900 + .746(Rogers) .794(China Unicom) + .714(fat sfi) + BlReturnsV3 + RC10
    Mi.key likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

4 weeks on Xmas Special, got to be a record for BL releases, usually don't get much more than a week out of them before the next one comes along.

Hope that I can remember how to load an new OS when RC11 arrives !!!

Proved one thing though, these OS's do not seem to deteriorate over time, still just as smooth and fast as it was on Christmas Day when I installed it, minimal memory leak too, never got up to 1mb between battery pulls (I have 2 JM1's that I swap out every few days)
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    Thanked by:
    deezy87 (01-24-2013) 
    josh74, Sator, BoldAlways and 3 others like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Say what?!?
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    CrackBerry User

Can I use RC10 Alpha 1 on my BB 9900 software version 825 ? Or should I downgrade to version 746 ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Finderbinder; 01-24-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prashob619 View Post
    thanks!
    of course you need to load os again....just replacing the sfi, stays in your pc, doesnt change anything on phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

i have a faulty 9900...can i send it to you and but it in your MAGIC deep freezer so you can fix it?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AF77CC0

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post
    4 weeks on Xmas Special, got to be a record for BL releases, usually don't get much more than a week out of them before the next one comes along.

Hope that I can remember how to load an new OS when RC11 arrives !!!

Proved one thing though, these OS's do not seem to deteriorate over time, still just as smooth and fast as it was on Christmas Day when I installed it, minimal memory leak too, never got up to 1mb between battery pulls (I have 2 JM1's that I swap out every few days)
    Our OS loading skills might be getting rusty

I'm sure RC11 will be a beauty!
    SIC MULTIWPE AND LOAD (BLACKBERRY 10 ONLY!) HERE