Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 272 of 434 FirstFirst ... 172222262269270271272273274275282322372 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 10835
Like Tree5577Likes
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

Loaded RC10 on 9860 with base .746 and sfi 714 last night. I am observing that after coping bbm.alx in main folder, BBM7 wasn't installed rather BBM icon was disappeared. Even, I copied facebook & app world latest .alx in main folder but these were not installed so I had to install thru .jad files from storage device. Is it because of base .746 or some other problem or I am doing some mistake?
    Prithvi (Z10/10.3.0.1154)
    CrackBerry User

I have a dumb question. I have loaded these hybrids before but I don't know how to load the separate sfi's. Would someone mind helping me with that
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    PIN
    its hexadecimal ...

Some early on Bad news ... Wasn't able to get Radio's Signal to LOCK for BlackBerry BIS (Data) on either 3G or EDGE. Was only able to achieve this using WiFi. Even after all sorts of trials ... the favorite .714 (Voda UK) SFI just wouldn't lock on DATA at all. (I've had great success with the .714 SFI but with RC 10 & 794 OS base, it didn't work ...

Was compelled to Re-Load once again ... This time, using .794 OS base & SFI with RC 10.

What a relief ...

Would recommend fellas to possibly give a [skip] to their Fav 714 and move over to the 794 SFI with this build ...

Legal ... beware ... I know you love 714 ...

I am indebted to Sator for all the support he shared with me.
    Thanked by:
    Legal Eagle (12-20-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

one more question. I've never used the dakota files either for the 1st page do I need to ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Default BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices

Quote Originally Posted by john1972 View Post
    one more question. I've never used the dakota files either for the 1st page do I need to ?
    For 9900 and 9810 users I recommend you guys to use base .794 with 794 sfi, and for the blackberry messenger alx. File is for BBM7, if you use it, just copy and paste it (replace the original BBM alx. File) into your base .794

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    BoldAlways (12-20-2012),  Legal Eagle (12-20-2012) 
    BoldAlways likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prithvi64 View Post
    Loaded RC10 on 9860 with base .746 and sfi 714 last night. I am observing that after coping bbm.alx in main folder, BBM7 wasn't installed rather BBM icon was disappeared. Even, I copied facebook & app world latest .alx in main folder but these were not installed so I had to install thru .jad files from storage device. Is it because of base .746 or some other problem or I am doing some mistake?
    I'm having this problem too. BBM just totally disappeared, although it says it's installed...
    CrackBerry Abuser

for those having problems with installing BBM7, usually it happens because below os 794 (746 below), they haven't used bbm7 in their os pacakage.

so for those using base os below 794, try adding this line "net_rim_bb_qm_peer_voip.cod" to your blackberry alx, together with the rest of blackberry cod lines inside blackberry.alx.

hope it works.

another ways if you want to use bbm7, try install it offline (you can search for the bbm7 installment through the net.).
    every new day is another chance to change your life
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by axis. View Post
    I'm having this problem too. BBM just totally disappeared, although it says it's installed...
    Other users beside 9900 (Dakota), you have to modify the blackberry messenger alx. File, open up the blackberry messenger alx. File (it comes with RC10) with note pad, and change "Dakota" to "your device name" and you won't have any problem installing BBM7.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I installed .794 and used the java mix provided. I didn't use the BBM file included with the hybrid, but I was still missing the BBM icon and all my messages...now I'm having a hard time trying to retrieve all my messages and contacts...any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by axis. View Post
    I installed .794 and used the java mix provided. I didn't use the BBM file included with the hybrid, but I was still missing the BBM icon and all my messages...now I'm having a hard time trying to retrieve all my messages and contacts...any suggestions?
    You have to use the BBM alx file that comes with the hybrid if you want to install BBM7, otherwise it won't install peer_voip cod., and your ВВМ Icon won't show up.

Thanked by:
    axis. (12-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sator View Post
    You have to use the BBM alx file that comes with the hybrid if you want to install BBM7, otherwise it won't install peer_voip cod., and your ВВМ™ Icon won't show up.

Ah, I see. I was under the impression that if I didn't include the BBM alx file, it would just install BBM 6 or something. Will wipe and reinstall then :S thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by prithvi64 View Post
    You have to modify the blackberry messenger alx. (Since It's for 9900 Dakota only), open up with note pad and change "Dakota" to "Monza".

CrackBerry Abuser

sorry, I know that this is out of topic. but does anyone know how to delete pre-installed picture/wallpaper from blackberry (located in system - samples - contact & pictures)? since it consume quite a space in internal memory.
    every new day is another chance to change your life
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,275 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by audio_engr View Post
    Some early on Bad news ... Wasn't able to get Radio's Signal to LOCK for BlackBerry BIS (Data) on either 3G or EDGE. Was only able to achieve this using WiFi. Even after all sorts of trials ... the favorite .714 (Voda UK) SFI just wouldn't lock on DATA at all. (I've had great success with the .714 SFI but with RC 10 & 794 OS base, it didn't work ...

Was compelled to Re-Load once again ... This time, using .794 OS base & SFI with RC 10.

What a relief ...

Would recommend fellas to possibly give a [skip] to their Fav 714 and move over to the 794 SFI with this build ...

Legal ... beware ... I know you love 714 ...

I am indebted to Sator for all the support he shared with me.
    Im using that combo, zero problems. I started by using 794 base/ 746 sfi but didnt liked the temp/adrs so i re-loaded with 794 base/ 714 sfi.
    Still i will test it with full 794, maybe on weekend
    Sator likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,275 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post
    Is it just me or has CB removed the carrier and device info from posters information ? All I have displayed now is number of posts.
    Made life so much easier responding to peoples queries if that info was to hand.
    I think the info is there, under a different approach... You must put your cursor right on top of the avatar and the info is there.
    Thanked by:
    Legal Eagle (12-20-2012) 
    Mi.key likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,275 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sator View Post
    For 9900 and 9810 users I recommend you guys to use base .794 with 794 sfi, and for the blackberry messenger alx. File is for BBM7, if you use it, just copy and paste it (replace the original BBM alx. File) into your base .794

Thank you for the advices and for the hard work! Awesome build!!
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Hmm, what to do.

@ Audio couldn't get RC10 to work with .714 .sfi but @ Bold Always it is working.

Think that I will sit on the fence for a while and stick with RC9 for now and see how things develop.

@ Audio, how is the temp and signal with the .794 .sfi ?
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    CrackBerry Genius

Been roughly 7 days on RC10 I am using the .746 as my entire base....GPS still rocks, have 0 issues locking....for those that have it, follow the battery pull schedule religiously lol I can get 12+ hours on moderate-heavy use. As the lot of you know I beat the p!ss out of my 9900.

A few (2?) Days ago I was talking to chef Sator cause I realised I had +0.8MB I was in awe didn't know wtf was happening. He said that's a good indication that the OS has settled properly.

Once again I'm am forever thankful to the BL guys, you do some amazing work! Everyone have a safe and happy holiday, wishing you all the best! 2013 bring it on!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate RC10 - Using Tapatalk
    SIC MULTIWPE AND LOAD (BLACKBERRY 10 ONLY!) HERE