Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68
Like Tree25Likes
  1. shynepapin's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #26  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Good one from Wu and the team. One thing I would want to know is why am having higher ADR, some times it goes up as high as 12.7%, though an heavy user.

    Sent from my BΔ$TΔRD BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
  2. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #27  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Quote Originally Posted by shynepapin View Post
    Good one from Wu and the team. One thing I would want to know is why am having higher ADR, some times it goes up as high as 12.7%, though an heavy user.

    Sent from my BΔ$TΔRD BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Sometimes it happens to me too... I guess it's because the place where I work have a poor signal reception and it keeps trying to connect through 3G.. I usualy switch to 2G network only there!


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
  3. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    918 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts
    #28  

    Default

    If you have reliable wifi connectivity in the areas you stay normally, then i'd recommend keep wifi on, as it's better to have strong wifi than weak 2g/3g
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
  4. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #29  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Quote Originally Posted by gibrael View Post
    Happened to me b4 2. Deleted and re-installed BBM and it'll be back.
    Didn't worked for me... I still can't find the pin message feature... :S any ideas?

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
  5. bintaro_gw's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    60 Posts
    PIN
    scream @loud
    #30  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilVaz View Post
    Didn't worked for me... I still can't find the pin message feature... :S any ideas?
    Try inject this cod files. Hope will fix it.

    net_rim bb_email.cod
    net_rim_bb_email_compression.cod

    Sorry can't attach files

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bintaro_gw; 12-11-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: to complete it
    datukZTen
  6. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #31  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Quote Originally Posted by bintaro_gw View Post
    Try inject this cod files. Hope will fix it.


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    can you tell me please Which are the correct cod files to inject? :S


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
  7. susman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Hello wu-wei,
    im not new to your hybrid which i find one of the best in terms of battery and stability. i have alchol installed on 9700 and it has dramatically improved the overal experience.
    I am now on a brand new 9790 with 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Vodafone_UK.exe installed.
    Any advice? im tempted to try this new work of yours on the 9790, have you heard of any bad feedback??

    tia
  8. wu-wei's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,881 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,886 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by susman View Post
    Hello wu-wei,
    im not new to your hybrid which i find one of the best in terms of battery and stability. i have alchol installed on 9700 and it has dramatically improved the overal experience.
    I am now on a brand new 9790 with 9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2039_PL9.16.0.158_A7.1.0. 714_Vodafone_UK.exe installed.
    Any advice? im tempted to try this new work of yours on the 9790, have you heard of any bad feedback??

    tia
    My builds are meant for OS6, and NOT OS7. I don't know what would happen if you tried installing it. Probably wouldn't work.
    Thanked by:
    susman (12-12-2012) 
  9. susman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
    My builds are meant for OS6, and NOT OS7. I don't know what would happen if you tried installing it. Probably wouldn't work.
    thanks for your reply,
  10. pillswoj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    After a very bad experience with Akimbo (Av Discharge of 12%/ hr) I went back to Aikido, it has the best combination of Battery life and performance on my 9800. Have any 9800 users seen an advantage to Anticlockwise?
  11. gibrael's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Installed about 4days ago. My max adr was 11.5%, min adr 0.9%. Backing to Aikido which my max adr 7-9%, min 0.6%.
    I've one question to ask. I want to have Alcohol's Browser in Aikido's built. Which cods do I have to copy from Alcohol and is it good to do so. Have you ever do this before.
    Thanks in advanced
  12. svelt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Installed yesterday and now Google Maps no longer works - it says "Serious Error - Please Exit & Restart". Anyone else getting this problem with this build?
  13. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,076 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svelt View Post
    Installed yesterday and now Google Maps no longer works - it says "Serious Error - Please Exit & Restart". Anyone else getting this problem with this build?
    Nothing to do with the Hybrid

    Courtesy of Phill_Uk from the Official 9900 .794 thread

    Google Maps will work fine on any BlackBerry, running any OS, provided it was installed prior to the last couple of days.

    If you are trying to install it now, it won't work... Google have blocked acceptance from BB. Nothing you can do about it.
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC21 over O2 .1098 Base and .sfi

    If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
    BoldAlways likes this.
  14. svelt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Are you serious? So, DON'T install any new OS if you want to keep Google Maps?
  15. svelt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Seriously, Wu should put IN ALL CAPS now on the thread title to warn everyone: DO NOT INSTALL THIS HYBRID NOW IF YOU NEED TO USE GOOGLE MAPS. It is one of my most used apps and I might as well have just thrown my phone into the garbage now.

    Ridiculous that this is not FRONT PAGE NEWS on Crackberry.
  16. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    918 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    The worst part of Google doing this is, that it's completely uncontrollable. i believe Google is trying to make it so "BlackBerry doesn't have google maps, iPhone doesn't use Google Maps, so they are inferior, buy an Android."
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    BoldAlways likes this.
  17. BoldAlways's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    900 Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Corporate policy
  18. wu-wei's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,881 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,886 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by svelt View Post
    Are you serious? So, DON'T install any new OS if you want to keep Google Maps?
    Quote Originally Posted by svelt View Post
    Seriously, Wu should put IN ALL CAPS now on the thread title to warn everyone: DO NOT INSTALL THIS HYBRID NOW IF YOU NEED TO USE GOOGLE MAPS. It is one of my most used apps and I might as well have just thrown my phone into the garbage now.

    Ridiculous that this is not FRONT PAGE NEWS on Crackberry.
    Sorry, but I have no control over what Google chooses to do. They develop and market a competing technology, so I am honestly not (terribly) surprised that they are leveraging their position to influence users to "Go Android!" (which is basically all the "support" you'll get when you're looking for Google's BlackBerry apps).

    Once upon a time I used to be able to get push notifications for all of my Gmail accounts on my BlackBerry by setting them up as IMAP accounts. Now, regardless of how the accounts are configured, I get the typical 15-minute sync window for emails. I really don't care about their Maps app, since it was always a resource hog and there are plenty of viable alternatives out there. But that kind of delay in communications is just unacceptable to me. I am looking for decent alternatives for hosting my business' email as a result.

    So, does anyone remember Google's primary guiding principle?
  19. deathbearry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    113 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    keep calm. iOS map is drunk as fxxk. and to Google Maps, they just want to terminate all their links with RIM due to focusing on Android. ... i think.
  20. j4ck5_dee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bintaro_gw View Post
    Try inject this cod files. Hope will fix it.

    net_rim bb_email.cod
    net_rim_bb_email_compression.cod

    Sorry can't attach files

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Try inject this cod files with BBSAK
    Attached Files Attached Files
  21. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #46  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ck5_dee View Post
    Try inject this cod files with BBSAK
    thx for the help... gonna try it tomorrow!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
  22. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #47  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Just to share how Anticlockwise is working around here...
    Thx again Wu for this awesome release... Everyone is just impressed how fast my device is running



    Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
  23. svelt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Sorry I overreacted, but on the bright side... you can get google maps back, at least for now, see the following thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...new-os-757894/

    Anecdotally the build has been phenomenal, well worth the trouble with the maps fiasco. Stellar job as always. Memory management much better than it was on Alcohol through my unscientific anecdotal observations.

    Another app that has stopped working though since I've installed this hybrid: Vlingo. Anyone else having problems with it using this build? Not as crucial as GMaps so I can live without it, but would be nice to see if it's something with my build, something I've accidentally shrinked out or Vlingo servers have actually shut down.
  24. shariqb's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    PIN
    cushion
    #49  

    Default

    I've been using this build for more than a week now. I've noticed my ADR is higher than it was when i was running Alcohol (11-13% now. 4-5% in alcohol) i'm always connected to wifi. Phone shuts down at 8% battery
    Also my browser has an 8 - 10 seconds delay from when i click the icon (pretty smooth after that) and the overall performance of the phone is a bit choppy.
    The apps i use are:
    Tiny Meter
    Whatsapp
    Capture it
    Facebook Messenger
    App world
    Opera Mini

    I'm seeing more hourglasses than i was in Alcohol.

    Could these issues be unique to my device? Should i go back to Alcohol? Need some advice. Thanks

    Oh and i'm using it over .723 base
  25. GilVaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #50  

    Default B@stard - Anticlockwise (20121204)

    Quote Originally Posted by shariqb View Post
    I've been using this build for more than a week now. I've noticed my ADR is higher than it was when i was running Alcohol (11-13% now. 4-5% in alcohol) i'm always connected to wifi. Phone shuts down at 8% battery
    Also my browser has an 8 - 10 seconds delay from when i click the icon (pretty smooth after that) and the overall performance of the phone is a bit choppy.
    The apps i use are:
    Tiny Meter
    Whatsapp
    Capture it
    Facebook Messenger
    App world
    Opera Mini

    I'm seeing more hourglasses than i was in Alcohol.

    Could these issues be unique to my device? Should i go back to Alcohol? Need some advice. Thanks

    Oh and i'm using it over .723 base
    From what I've learned about BB hybrids, its not about having the latest updates on everything.. It depends on your specific device and the usage you'll give to it... So, if you were having best results with alcohol, rollback to it... I'm no expert but I think Wu will surely tell you the same.

    Oh, and whatsapp is a battery drainer.. Make sure you exit everytime you use it.... You'll still get all your notifications but it won't drain your battery so fast ..


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9105 powered by B@stard Hybrid: Anticlockwise
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. B@stard Hybrid 20110811 (tested on 9700)
    By wu-wei in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 05:11 AM
  2. B@stard 20110818
    By wu-wei in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 02:38 AM
  3. B@stard Hybrid 20110723 (tested on 9700)
    By wu-wei in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 02:52 PM
  4. B@stard Hybrid 20110730 (tested on 9700)
    By wu-wei in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 05:16 AM
  5. B@stard Hybrid 20110808 (tested on 9700)
    By wu-wei in forum Hybrid OS
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions