- CrackBerry User
05-12-2012, 04:49 AM #102
- 12 Posts
The build is great, Have found no problems but just one ::
I m not able to recieve any MMS. All emails/webpages seem to work fine. Not the MMS's.
I m clueless. The settings are to recieve all multimedia messages.
Any help please
*Edit* : This is on a 9780 Handset
Make sure Browser Push is enabled (Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Browser Push).
I read a rather high-profile person's suggestions on improving battery life. Changed a few settings he recommended, and promptly forgot that I should be watching out for any odd issues as a result.
I tried several things, including going to a pure stock OS, wiping, factory resets, tinkering with service books, triple-checking all network settings, etc etc etc. Not quite how I had planned to spend a good part of my weekend, but oh well.
So, for the time being I'm sticking with Xarles - only because that's the build I had installed when I figured out my problem and I am really tired of installing OSes for the moment. In the event we ever see new leaks, I'll build and test something new.
A few weeks ago, I was trying out builds over the 188.8.131.525 base and I had actually managed to get the System Software even lower - I think it was 93.6 MB. But I didn't grab a screenshot. So here's one of my current Xarles installation. It's 93.9, but I'm convinced there are ways to get it even lower.
Same is true for later builds like Yvon and ZigZag too. ZigZag is a solid build, I've just had a hellacious weekend tracking down the solution to my MMS problems - which was a simple network setting and nothing to do with hybrid cods or service books. Ugh.
- CrackBerry Master
05-17-2012, 12:06 PM #114
- 1,002 Posts
Last edited by phoreoneone; 05-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.
- 05-19-2012, 02:50 AM #117
Last edited by moniza; 05-19-2012 at 02:54 AM.
- CrackBerry User
05-19-2012, 10:55 AM #120
- 32 Posts
i tried the cods, probably the issue was that I used bbSAK to role out my upgrades, and didnt wipe / factory reset
I tried now to wipe+factory reset and I will follow in the next days to see if the issue is behind me
How do you do security wipe?
It happened to me on all Hybrids
- 05-19-2012, 02:03 PM #121
Okay, this is how I do . No guarantee that this will solve your batt prob.
1) Install base OS .723. ( You can shrink if you want to, ) , go to (program files/common files/research in motion/ apploader) delete the *vendor.xml* files)
2) Extract zigzag files in the java folder, it will asked you to replace the cods. Just click yes. ( program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/base os*/java)
3) Extract the 3 cods file into java folder, it will ask you to replace the cods too,
4) Backup your blackberry using BB dekstop manager
5) Factory reset using BBSAK. (Under the Misc tab)
6) Wipe your BB using BBSAK.
7) After booting up and showing the error *reload sofware* . Open Loader and proceed with installation.
8) Wait for the BB to boot up, and then go to options>security>security wipe. Tick email, contacts & user installed app.( As you can here, i don't install any third party app when lnstalling the hybrid.)
9) Wait for the bb to finish wipe. After the boot up , I pull the batt.
10) Wait the bb to boot up, after that, restore you data using BB destop manager.( I install my third party app right now, via ota offline from my SD card.) . After Installing all your app. Pull batt.
11) Wait the bb to boot up, and then check your app 1 by 1.. Check your data. Bbm contacts After all that, pull the batt.
12) After the boot up, restore the connection. Install appworld. Install BBID if appworld prompt you too. After that pull bat.
13) Wait fit the boot up. Voila, you're ready.
I know its a complicates.. But I never have any problem with the battery. Any question, just ask me.
- 05-20-2012, 04:42 AM #123
Yeah. The 3 cods that supposed to fix the batt issue.. Download it somewhere in this thread or yvon thread.. Extract it into java folder.. It will ask you to overwrite. Just click yes..
But, I think wu wei already change the 3 cods on the zig zag. Better safe than never right.