CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 8310 hybrid 4.5.0.178 / 4.6.1.305 / 5.0.0.530

Oooops, it should say .187 in the title (LOL)

Here is the Java folder of the modified 8330 hybrid containing:
    4.5.0.187 (as the base)

8310hybrid.zip

This is a hybrid based on the hybrid made for the 8330m by SFL772 who got his files of lyricidal, JustinAdams,
    xliderider, and mrweeeedbirdman.

Installation:

1. Download and install the latest OS for your phone
    2. Unzip the 8310 Java folder
    3. Copy the unzipped java folder to your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.187_P2.7.0.109 folder.
    4. Allow it to overwrite all files in the process.
    5. Start up desktop manager and back up your phone.
    6. Do a low level wipe with BBSAK (recommended) or move onto the next step
    7. Use the application loader to load the new OS on your phone. the loader.exe should be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader or use BBSAK

Enjoy!
    Last edited by BBB78; 08-07-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: correction
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry User

why we don't have hybrid for old model, especially bb7290?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by phannhannghia View Post
    why we don't have hybrid for old model, especially bb7290?
    The hybrid community is relatively new and doesn't go as far back as the 7290 as far as I am aware. Also the hybrid builders are always striving to improve the performance of their blackberry, always moving forward, always wanting the latest OS. This forward striving also comes with upgrading to the latest model... hence why the 7290 won't get any attention, it's out dated . My suggestion for you is to upgrade to a newer model to improve your user experience.
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BBB78 View Post
    The hybrid community is relatively new and doesn't go as far back as the 7290 as far as I am aware. Also the hybrid builders are always striving to improve the performance of their blackberry, always moving forward, always wanting the latest OS. This forward striving also comes with upgrading to the latest model... hence why the 7290 won't get any attention, it's out dated . My suggestion for you is to upgrade to a newer model to improve your user experience.
    I love bb7290 much!

Could you help me to build up hybrid for bb7290 base on os 4.2 and 4.5?

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I'm only familiar with 9000, 8520, 8310, and 8100. Building a hybrid requires testing compatibility with device and different OS's. Without having your model I won't be able to help you out, sorry. Maybe ask the guys @ driphter.com or bbhybrids.net
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

is htis safe? to run on 8310?? like what does it change? i just got my hands on a free 8310 (used by my cousin who doesnt need it anymore) and want to try some stuff out on the 8310 please let me know if its worth updating to this, i currently have the latest os installed on mine thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller116 View Post
    is htis safe? to run on 8310?? like what does it change? i just got my hands on a free 8310 (used by my cousin who doesnt need it anymore) and want to try some stuff out on the 8310 please let me know if its worth updating to this, i currently have the latest os installed on mine thanks
    It's safe to run, it's performing a bit better, not a huge difference though.
    A bit "snappier", good battery life
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry Newbie

No removal of the vendor.xml? Trying to run down a problem loading hybrid, getting error about not being able to install browser due to missing file "net.rim.blackberry.xml"

Quote Originally Posted by BBB78 View Post
    <SNIP>

Installation:

1. Download and install the latest OS for your phone
    2. Unzip the 8310 Java folder
    3. Copy the unzipped java folder to your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.187_P2.7.0.109 folder.
    4. Allow it to overwrite all files in the process.
    5. Start up desktop manager and back up your phone.
    6. Do a low level wipe with BBSAK (recommended) or move onto the next step
    7. Use the application loader to load the new OS on your phone. the loader.exe should be located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader or use BBSAK

Enjoy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Hi Gulliverfoyle, deleting the vendor.xml file is needed, my apologies for not mentioning that one. (It's needed for any hybrid or os that is not from your carrier)
    There shouldn't be any files missing as you are just copying and pasting updated modules into the java folder. I would suggest to reinstall/repair the .187 os, delete the vendor.xml file, and copy and paste the java hybrid folder into the same folder as described above. Hope that helps. Tim B (PS: it looked like the blackberry.alx file had gone missing from what you described)
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Hi BBB78 you can upload a zip but only with the files you replaced? no the entire java folder, thats easier and i that have a 8320 can know exactly what files are been replaced.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by armirev View Post
    Hi BBB78 you can upload a zip but only with the files you replaced? no the entire java folder, thats easier and i that have a 8320 can know exactly what files are been replaced.
    Sure! It should work with the .188, but see how it goes. I'll be posting the link shortly.
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Here is the link for the updated files only, copy and paste these in your 8320 .188 Java folder (and make sure the vendor.xml is deleted before starting the loader)

83x0hybrid.zip
    Back in Black!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

In the first post shouldn't the file path for the hybrid files to be copied include "java" after the os folder??
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

In the first post shouldn't the file path that you are copying files into include the "java" folder after the os folder?? Shouldn't it be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.187_P2.7.0.109\java
    CrackBerry Newbie

I know this thread is old but I don't have the "loader files" in my Shared folder. It's because I am using windows 7 or what is the problem?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: 8310 hybrid 4.5.0.178 / 4.6.1.305 / 5.0.0.530

una pregunta tengo que borrar el archivo vendor despues que le hago todo ya lo hice le puse el hibrido y le instale todo pero no no entendi bien que tengo que borrar des pues queda despues de poner el hibrido queda como en le sistema 4.6 y 5.0 para poder ponerle el whatsapp quisiera ver que archivo mas hay que borrar para yo saber ese vendor se borra es del tlf o se borra de la computadora o se borrar cuando se le va hacer la actualizacion al tlf quisiera saber por favor
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: 8310 hybrid 4.5.0.178 / 4.6.1.305 / 5.0.0.530

el archivo vendor explícame eso bien por favor gracias