That's your opinion OP, and that's all it is, your opinion. Amusing though. I'll put it in my Nostradamus/Mayan Calendar file.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 11-25-12 at 08:23 PM.
    11-25-12 08:11 PM
    Some fanatics claim all sorts of absurdities, it's being smart and sorting through the rubbish info. Some arent able to do that and believe everything they see/read.
    Some of you guys really like picking fly sh^t out of pepper. Quit it with the mp3 compression nonsense. Maybe the guys you're picking on are referring to this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=210&tstart=0

I don't think you can deny that RIM does a better job with data compression and efficiency on the whole than Apple does.. and I think that's what they're referring to in their statements. With 4G, I think it's well known that the carriers are already phasing out the unlimited plans ... so data usage does matter.

It seems on the whole some of you behave like bullies and your trend seems to be putting down RIM and some of the forum members.. you however seem to try to do this in a subtle way and at every chance you get. I really don't know what your angle is here but if you're not impressed with what RIM is doing and they are other mobile tech manufacturers that do then I do invite you to go to those forums and sing their praises - I don't find your comments constructive in anyway .. more like condescending. This is a BB enthusiast site - at least the last time I checked.. so if you're not enthused please do yourselves a favor and go somewhere where you will be....
    11-26-12 12:03 AM
    Not what I was referring to.. I never said anything about BES. I just find your post amusing because essentially, nothing has changed from what people know of BlackBerry services right now yet, you're making a huge deal out of it like RIM's life depends upon it. Even more amusing since you're a Rogers customer who I'm sure switches devices often, so you know that Rogers treats data as data. My 6GB BB data plan works across all devices, iPhone, Android, BB. In the end, you're paying for data no matter how you look at it.
    Bla1ze, I realize that data is data and have a 6 GB BB plan. This plan works on my SIII and iPhone. But Rogers sent out a message that said:

You have subscribed to a BlackBerry data plan for use with your BlackBerry
    device. We've noticed that you are now using a device that is not a BlackBerry, which is not compatible with your BlackBerry data plan. Effective July 16, 2012, you will no longer have data access on any device other than a BlackBerry. Please ensure that you use a BlackBerry device in order to continue to have data access. If you prefer to use a non-BlackBerry device, then please call us at 1 888 764-3771 and we'll be happy to switch you to another data plan that is compatible with that device. Thank you.
    I suspect this is to save paying the BB subscriber fee to RIM.

Has Rogers made good on this threat? Others have had this email too:

Non BB phone on BB Plan (Rogers Stopping Services) - MobileSyrup.com Forum
    11-26-12 12:31 AM
    Bla1ze, I realize that data is data and have a 6 GB BB plan. This plan works on my SIII and iPhone. But Rogers sent out a message that said:

No, thats on automated to cause consumer concern.

Just Last month a rogers rep at retentions sold me a 6gb bb plan and told me to just keep it and switch the SIM between my 9900 and s3.

Rogers is just blowing hot air.
    11-26-12 12:39 AM
    It IS true. And it was true for me too. Happily I sold my 9900 with the warning that the battery life sucks. Which everyone still tells me it does.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    11-26-12 12:40 AM
    bla bla bla.

I love my BlackBerry and couldn't care less about BIS fees. It's worth every cent.

Bring on BlackBerry 10 - I can't wait
    11-26-12 12:51 AM
    No, thats on automated to cause consumer concern.

Just Last month a rogers rep at retentions sold me a 6gb bb plan and told me to just keep it and switch the SIM between my 9900 and s3.

Rogers is just blowing hot air.
    Does the 9900 take a microsim or do you use a SIM tray adapter?
    11-26-12 12:57 AM

You've mentioned this before (and even then I said it was BS on Rogers part) and to this day, I've not gotten such a response from Rogers.. , I even had an office of the president escalation in that time and NO ONE at any point has even mentioned the removal of my BB data plan even after going through my account with a fine tooth comb (I had contracts placed on my account when there should not have been) and knowing full well, I swap between a number of devices including an 4G LTE PlayBook.

The iPhone purchase on my account with the BB data plan was the reason they added a contract incorrectly, surely at some point someone would have said 'Hey, you're using an iPhone on this account -- that shouldn't be' in that case. And judging from your previous comment, it looks like you're preparing to tell folks that it all depends on how they change their SIM card that triggers the notification from Rogers, which is just laughable. No offense.

You've managed to spread this opinion of yours to 10 pages now and at the end of the day, it's still just that -- your opinion. You've provided no actual factual basis for any of it and realistically, it's all just educated guesses on your behalf. It's a great convo to have but overall, it's a wait and see scenario. There is no winning this 'argument' until BlackBerry 10 arrives, lol.

11-26-12 12:57 AM
    Does the 9900 take a microsim or do you use a SIM tray adapter?
    Nothing needed just nudge the smaller SIM card into the 9900 slot, it has to fit in the middle evenly just nudge it with your finger. She should be snug in there once you position it. It want get stuck or anything.

I could take a photo tomorrow if you like. Haven't tried the micro micro SIM card from iPhone 5 yet and I dont think it would work anyway.
    11-26-12 12:59 AM
    You've mentioned this before (and even then I said it was BS on Rogers part) and to this day, I've not gotten such a response from Rogers.. , I even had an office of the president escalation in that time and NO ONE at any point has even mentioned the removal of my BB data plan even after going through my account with a fine tooth comb (I had contracts placed on my account when there should not have been) and knowing full well, I swap between a number of devices including an 4G LTE PlayBook. The iPhone purchase on my account with the BB data plan was the reason they added a contract incorrectly, surely at some point someone would have said 'Hey, you're using an iPhone on this account -- that shouldn't be' in that case. And judging from your previous comment, it looks like you're preparing to tell folks that it all depends on how they change their SIM card that triggers the notification from Rogers, which is just laughable. No offense.
    ...it looks like you're preparing to tell folks that it all depends on how they change their SIM card that triggers the notification from Rogers, which is just laughable. No offense.
    What is laughable is that you think you know what I am preparing to tell people. I will just sit back now and let you write my posts.

This warning from Rogers went to a lot of people. Read more about it here please:

Strange Bulletin Board message about Blackberry data on bill
    11-26-12 01:16 AM
    Nothing needed just nudge the smaller SIM card into the 9900 slot, it has to fit in the middle evenly just nudge it with your finger. She should be snug in there once you position it. It want get stuck or anything.

I could take a photo tomorrow if you like. Haven't tried the micro micro SIM card from iPhone 5 yet and I dont think it would work anyway.
    Yes, would like to see a picture. Have had the SIM card tray damage the pins on a 9700. I would like a 9900.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 11-26-12 at 01:30 AM.
    11-26-12 01:17 AM
    What is laughable is that you think you know what I am preparing to tell people. I will just sit back now and let you write my posts.

This warning from Rogers went to a lot of people. Read more about it here please:

Yes many got a spam from Rogers a while back but that's all it was, Rogers figured people would call and they would change their plans. Rogers is probably the worst company in Canada.
    11-26-12 01:21 AM

You keep referring to this, time and time again - why do you not refer to mass amounts who have never received such notification? No one has disputed that Rogers sent it out, the dispute comes from whether or not they took any action on it. Why aren't you also mentioning that Rogers also retracted the statements and said that it was in error that the messages were sent and that no changes to consumers plans would occur? Seems you just want to point out one side and not the other all in effort to prove your point.
    11-26-12 01:22 AM
    You keep referring to this, time and time again - why do you not refer to mass amounts who have never received such notification?
    Why don't you start a thread for people who did not receive this message so I could refer to them by user name? I have no idea if mass amounts did not receive this message.

I suspect a lot of BB users don't run multiple devices and this would be a small number of people. Mass amounts of BB users don't have other platform phones.
    11-26-12 01:25 AM
    You've mentioned this before (and even then I said it was BS on Rogers part) and to this day, I've not gotten such a response from Rogers.. , I even had an office of the president escalation in that time and NO ONE at any point has even mentioned the removal of my BB data plan even after going through my account with a fine tooth comb (I had contracts placed on my account when there should not have been) and knowing full well, I swap between a number of devices including an 4G LTE PlayBook.

The iPhone purchase on my account with the BB data plan was the reason they added a contract incorrectly, surely at some point someone would have said 'Hey, you're using an iPhone on this account -- that shouldn't be' in that case. And judging from your previous comment, it looks like you're preparing to tell folks that it all depends on how they change their SIM card that triggers the notification from Rogers, which is just laughable. No offense.

You've managed to spread this opinion of yours to 10 pages now and at the end of the day, it's still just that -- your opinion. You've provided no actual factual basis for any of it and realistically, it's all just educated guesses on your behalf. It's a great convo to have but overall, it's a wait and see scenario. There is no winning this 'argument' until BlackBerry 10 arrives, lol.

at the end of the day, it's still just that -- your opinion. You've provided no actual factual basis for any of it and realistically, it's all just educated guesses on your behalf. It's a great convo to have but overall, it's a wait and see scenario. There is no winning this 'argument' until BlackBerry 10 arrives...
    Fair enough! But if BB10 had ActiveSync they would be talking about it. RIM is talking about all the other features.

Haha on the cartoon. LOL. I like it!
    11-26-12 01:28 AM
    Because you know the contents of those emails, right? Why do you keep making insane claims about BIS compression? How about that Mp3 podcast that you managed to compress down to about 60%? Ever been able to reproduce that miracle yet?
    You might wanna go back and read the thread again, I never claimed 60%, you must be confused
    11-26-12 01:33 AM
    Why don't you start a thread for people who did not receive this message so I could refer to them by user name? I have no idea if mass amounts did not receive this message.

I suspect a lot of BB users don't run multiple devices.
    Why not just refer to your original post and notice the lack of amount of people claiming they received the same notification - [http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/rogers-claims-rim-now-kicking-out-subscribers-turning-away-money-736952/] Instead, it's just full of folks arguing the reasons for / against the change. Meh, like I said.. we'll see how it all pans out.. too much unknown to get all hopped up over atm IMO. As long as I can pop a SIM card in and get my emails and BBM, I'm good. Can't speak for others though. RIM isn't exactly in the position to go pissing people off though, I'm sure we can agree there 110% lol.

Also, you should be more concerned with CardDAV, CalDAV support.... especially if you're a GMail user.
    11-26-12 01:34 AM
    You might wanna go back and read the thread again, I never claimed 60%, you must be confused
    Yup, I was just pulling from memory. It was 75% you claimed. Still more ridiculous BS that you've never backed up.
    11-26-12 06:26 AM
    Wow 10 pages of the same thing. After going through all the pages I'm hoping the Mayans are correct and the world does end on 21st Dec 2012. I actually wish it after this. Go Mayans....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-26-12 06:51 AM

E92Vancouver,

The message that were sent to customers as been sent from Rogers... Rogers only wanted to lower their BIS fees. This will explain why Rogers made it, and also why RIM will never complain. Trust me I know RIM really good.

Read it : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post7747811

In the end the more I read the more it seems that even if BB10 phones and services are "perfect" you will convince yourself to not buy it... :/
    11-26-12 10:01 AM
    And somebody called me headstrong.....okeydokey....

Now where is that Extra Strength Tylenol.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-26-12 10:56 AM
    Yup, I was just pulling from memory. It was 75% you claimed. Still more ridiculous BS that you've never backed up.
    I've done my tests once a couple of years ago, mainly to measure bbm data usage, it was all discussed here, feel free to dig trough the old posts, I've already satisfied my curiosity. I vaguely remember Howermat being part of the discussion as we were measuring how much data it was used to open the full Crackberry front page BB vs Android. If my memory doesn't fail me Android used 1.6mb and Bold 9700 used 1.2mb but only 300kb to refresh the page while Android used 1.4mb to refresh. However, it was a long time ago so don't quote me on it.
    11-26-12 12:49 PM
    I've done my tests once a couple of years ago, mainly to measure bbm data usage, it was all discussed here, feel free to dig trough the old posts, I've already satisfied my curiosity. I vaguely remember Howermat being part of the discussion as we were measuring how much data it was used to open the full Crackberry front page BB vs Android. If my memory doesn't fail me Android used 1.6mb and Bold 9700 used 1.2mb but only 300kb to refresh the page while Android used 1.4mb to refresh. However, it was a long time ago so don't quote me on it.
    I remember belfastdispatcher's claim about the mp3 data compression. It made me raise my eyebrows and I called him out on it. When pressed he gave the same change-the-subject answer that he just gave earlier, and I also remember he said something along the lines of "who cares, it's magic".
    11-26-12 12:55 PM
    there is no question BB10 will save both Blackberry and RIM, the posters here have not seen the BB10 end product as yet, while the head honcho's of RIM have;
    and you better believe i have more confidence in RIM than the posters of this thread, time to put this thread to bed, enough already
    11-26-12 01:02 PM
    there is no question BB10 will save both Blackberry and RIM, the posters here have not seen the BB10 end product as yet, while the head honcho's of RIM have;
    and you better believe i have more confidence in RIM than the posters of this thread, time to put this thread to bed, enough already
    So bb10 will save both rim and blackberry because the end product has been seen by head honchos...??

I would hope the head honchos have seen it.. it's their product.
    11-26-12 01:04 PM
273 ... 891011