http://m.cnet.com/news/instagram-say...hotos/57559710

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    G-bone likes this.
    12-18-12 01:17 AM
    Holy crap! Facebook has generally been up to no good these days...if you don't pay money, you don't get feeds...what's next? They get perpetual rights to your likeness and identity?
    Not pleased.
    BB 10 - FTW!
    12-18-12 02:29 AM
    And just like that bye bye Instagram, I get the feeling Facebook never intended to support it, they bought it to kill a competitor, they'll take whatever they can out of it and then close it.
    12-18-12 02:42 AM
    No Vaseline. Ha.
    12-18-12 03:05 AM
    I highly doubt the major crowd cares about such changes. Same way they didn't care about any facebook or whatsapp privacy issues. Why should they now care about Instgram? As long as it keeps working and for free, people will keep using it.
    12-18-12 07:58 AM
    whatsapp is a different thing altogether. you cant compare the 2.
    i guarantee that parents will dump instagram if they persist with saying they can do what they want with pictures of their children!

12-18-12 09:45 AM
    And just like that bye bye Instagram, I get the feeling Facebook never intended to support it, they bought it to kill a competitor, they'll take whatever they can out of it and then close it.
    "its just a patent" remember that one? Now look what we have here. Slowly and surely...
    12-18-12 09:58 AM
    With my photography business, this will have some interesting results. I know lots of photographers who use Facebook and Instagram as promotional streams. With Facebook, they usually watermark their images, so they would not be much use for advertising. Very few use any watermark on Instagram since images are usually coming off of their phone.

I always wonder how this will play out (if ever). As a photographer, I have to get a model release from anyone I photograph of I am going to use the image for promotional purposes. It wouldn't matter if I, the photographer, post the image of somebody on Facebook, Instagram, or another service (with permission of the person photographed), my rights are clearly defined between myself and the "model", and do not extend to a third party. If they used the model's likeness/image without a signed release from them, the model could sue. It would be interesting to see this scenario play out.
    12-18-12 01:21 PM
    that's a damn good point. Makes me wonder if this will be more trouble for them than its worth

12-18-12 01:41 PM
    so agree with this , and they new charging would kill it off.
    12-18-12 01:45 PM
    With my photography business, this will have some interesting results. I know lots of photographers who use Facebook and Instagram as promotional streams. With Facebook, they usually watermark their images, so they would not be much use for advertising. Very few use any watermark on Instagram since images are usually coming off of their phone.

I always wonder how this will play out (if ever). As a photographer, I have to get a model release from anyone I photograph of I am going to use the image for promotional purposes. It wouldn't matter if I, the photographer, post the image of somebody on Facebook, Instagram, or another service (with permission of the person photographed), my rights are clearly defined between myself and the "model", and do not extend to a third party. If they used the model's likeness/image without a signed release from them, the model could sue. It would be interesting to see this scenario play out.
    I wonder if there is a mobile watermark app that someone has developed or is developing? I know if i posted some juicy shots off my 5d mark 3 i wouldn't want businesses to make money off them.
    12-18-12 02:11 PM
    I kinda like how us Blackberry users can just sit back and watch all the drama. Remember all of the hype over apps we couldn't get? Instagram, Draw Something, Temple Run? Word with Friends, etc...

Look at the hype now. Its dead. No one cares anymore.
    12-18-12 03:39 PM
    I kinda like how us Blackberry users can just sit back and watch all the drama. Remember all of the hype over apps we couldn't get? Instagram, Draw Something, Temple Run? Word with Friends, etc...

Look at the hype now. Its dead. No one cares anymore.
    Because those people who complained have now jumped ship.
    12-18-12 03:43 PM
    I wonder if there is a mobile watermark app that someone has developed or is developing?
    I'm very much interested in this. Both mobile watermark and EXIF options.
    12-18-12 03:44 PM
    Because those people who complained have now jumped ship.
    Yeah, but even on iOs and Android the hype around those apps is dead. Who still actively uses those apps? (except Instagram.....right now )
    12-18-12 04:04 PM
    Wow, it almost seems like these companies see their product as a business and not just adding to the noble cause of free stuff on the internets. Never saw that coming...

12-18-12 04:11 PM
    Wow, it almost seems like these companies see their product as a business and not just adding to the noble cause of free stuff on the internets. Never saw that coming...

Yes, a business.... through advertising revenues. Using, no, selling users likeness, names, photo's, and personal information without permission, is taking it too far. There has already been controversy about advertising based on user habits whereas people feel like their browsing and viewing privacy has been compromised....This Instagram policy is just ridiculous!!!
    12-18-12 04:58 PM
    Yes, a business.... through advertising revenues. Using, no, selling users likeness, names, photo's, and personal information without permission, is taking it too far. There has already been controversy about advertising based on user habits whereas people feel like their browsing and viewing privacy has been compromised....This Instagram policy is just ridiculous!!!
    I will not be signing up for instagram on bb10. I was going to see it to see what the hype it but now no.

If i post pictures of me on a trip in germany they could be selling the pictures to google who in turn will be pushing german tourism ads to my phone. Based of responses people seem to think they are safe because the odds of your picture being used on a tv commercial are rare. But theres a lot more possibilities than that. If they see whats going on in your life through pictures they will push appropriate advertising accordingly. You post pictures of your food or favorite starbucks drink they will push restaurant ads. There is software that can detect what is in a picture they dont have to do this manually. They can adjust what they want you to see based on your age too.And there is probably more then advertising brewing too. Time will tell.
    12-18-12 05:13 PM
    I wonder if there is a mobile watermark app that someone has developed or is developing? I know if i posted some juicy shots off my 5d mark 3 i wouldn't want businesses to make money off them.
    i've been using photo editor ultimate for quite sometime. not much of watermark, but u definitely can write wordings on it, crop and resize an whatever editing you want with it.
    and another one is canvas nux. editing as well.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 05:15 PM
    12-18-12 06:05 PM
    Yeah, but even on iOs and Android the hype around those apps is dead. Who still actively uses those apps? (except Instagram.....right now )
    plenty of people still use them.
    dont get drawn into the trap of saying noone uses apps after a while cos the same rings true for blackberry.

12-18-12 07:45 PM
    Not I for one. Was thinking of getting it but not now. Also have to get rid of Facebook since they paid a billion for Instagram and will do the same things with your pictures! Very arrogant and alarming.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 08:00 PM
    As usual, people immediately believe everything they read. Instagram founder already said tonight there is no way they are selling your photos for any purpose.
    12-19-12 12:07 AM
    As usual, people immediately believe everything they read. Instagram founder already said tonight there is no way they are selling your photos for any purpose.
    or was it the founder that is telling the wrong thing.
    of all we know he might need to cover up what was told too early in the phase.
    or the execs mistakenly told the public something we should not know and just send an updated terms of use to the users without telling there's a new clause...
    as usual majority does not read the whole clause and just click agree to continue using the service.

12-19-12 06:12 AM
    or was it the founder that is telling the wrong thing.
    of all we know he might need to cover up what was told too early in the phase.
    or the execs mistakenly told the public something we should not know and just send an updated terms of use to the users without telling there's a new clause...
    as usual majority does not read the whole clause and just click agree to continue using the service.

Exactly, he's just the founder, Facebook is the owner now.
    12-19-12 06:16 AM
44 12