I was going through the applications list and deleting things that I KNOW I dont use when I came upon TTY Support. Ive never deleted it cause Im not sure what it is. Could someone help me out? Thanks
    07-17-08 08:49 AM
    Yup... most people can get rid of it. As Miss Michelle said, it is for hearing impaired

I am not exactly what it does, how it works, how it helps, or anything! I just know I have never used it. It barely takes any memory... so I have never removed it or anything though
    07-17-08 08:53 AM
    TTY is for the hearing impaired. You would only use TTY if you're going to attached a TeleType device.
    07-17-08 08:53 AM
    awesome thanks!
    07-17-08 08:55 AM
    TTY allows the use of an additional device that can be connected to the phone for the deaf or hard of hearing. It sends tones (like fax tones) instead of voice and allows the 2 parties on the call to communicate using a keyboard and text screen. Here's a link to more info or just google TTY Cell Phone - American sign language | ASL video | sign language books - SoundBytes

By the way, our devices, although they already have keyboards built in are not TTY compatible all on their own. I just tested that a few days ago using another TTY device (I work in a 911/dispatch center--we get tty calls alot) You would still need an adapter device to use that function.
    07-17-08 08:56 AM
    They are both correct. I've always deleted the .cod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 08:56 AM
    It's only 2Kb.
    07-17-08 09:13 AM
    It's only 2Kb.
    loved the comment
    12-02-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD