As the title implies, what is a service book?
    07-18-09 08:57 PM
    Think of service books the same way you do the configuration
    files on your computer. They control what services are available
    to your device, which email addresses get "pushed" to it, how
    they calendar is configured, etc...
    07-18-09 09:05 PM
    Service books are the "books" that contain all the information needed for your BB to communicate with your email accounts and occasionally other programs. That is why if you have problems receiving emails, most people will tell you to resend service books and that will fix the problem.
    07-18-09 09:05 PM
    How do you actually resend them from your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 10:41 PM

You need to send them from your BIS server website.
    This would be the place you set up your emails from, presumably.

For example, I use Orange UK.
    I log into my BIS account at blackberry.orange.co.uk and there is an option to send service books.

Verizon is https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en I think (I'm not an expert on US networks or any other networks for that matter)

07-19-09 05:17 AM

>Setup folder>email>login to BIS>Blackberry menu> service books>send service books.
    07-19-09 05:30 AM
    >Setup folder>email>login to BIS>Blackberry menu> service books>send service books.
    Or do that.
    Why did I think I had to send from the internet.

I'm going mad.
    07-19-09 11:25 AM
    i think its got the carrier settings and your phone settings to properly hook up with BIS
    07-19-09 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the replies! I've just been reading ppl talking about resending them or deleting them and whatever and I just wanted to get in the loop. lol
    07-19-09 07:45 PM
    I got me a tour today and im trying to resend my service books but its not working. First of all, can i use the same sprint email ([email protected]) that was on my curve and use move it over to my Tour? Of Couse the PIN and MEID # is going to be different. After i enter the same email and i press submit, it keeps saying "Processing, please wai..." and after a couple of secs, it says we're unable to configure and then give me other options...

Thanks in advance
    07-20-09 10:49 PM
    It's a piece of software code that gets placed on your BlackBerry device to enable certain features, or provide certain functionality.

For example, an MMS service book would be put on your device to allow your device to send/receive MMS message.
    There's service books for numerous things... such as email, calendar, browser, IM, etc.
    07-20-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD