I mean its really amazing when you compare this site to other BlackBerry fan sites. Its not even close!
    The other sites can post a story earlier then Crackberry and still won't get as many response!
    With BlackBerry 10 here the coverage, review and forum member participation is truly amazing!

So what separate this site from the others? What makes you come back? Evan after you go to another platform?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 05:00 PM
    kevin and co.

we love their gift of gab
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 05:09 PM
    Yes very convincing. Its like. Magic. Lol
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 05:18 PM
    Well, as Founder and Editor in Chief... I like to take all the credit. It's all me!

KIDDING.

No, seriously. CrackBerry is the biggest and bestest for a LOT of reasons.

And it all started the day we launched (read the press release). Our initial vision was never to be a news site. Rumors and news posts come and go. That's the minor part. That appeals to a small % of hardcore people (who we love), and those kinds of posts are a commodity. The key to CrackBerry is that we're passionate and dedicated to building the best resource for ALL BlackBerry users.

Literally. Our goal is to help people get the most possible out of their BlackBerry ownership experience. We want to make your ownership experience literally more enjoyable.

When it comes to content on the homepage, I focus on five things: Inform, Enlighten, Entertain, Engage and Reward. Some posts do all five. Some posts only do one. But that gives us a guiding principle. As long as we're hitting that mission with everything we publish, we're always heading in the right direction. I know we can never please everybody with every post as everybody is in a different position (newbie, expert, casual reader, hardcore techy, etc).

Also, I don't think of us as a news site. We're a service provider to BlackBerry owners. News is a service. Help is a service. Getting apps, accessories, ringtones, wallpapers, unlocking your device, are all services. Our blogs, forums and store are tools for delivering those services. And to me they are all equally important. And where I believe we can deliver the best services, we are relentless about trying to do that, because of our ongoing mission. I get kinda mad when people sum as up as a news site or fan site or forum. When you really look at it, we are SO. MUCH. MORE. We're really an all encompassing resource.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY... CrackBerry is successful because of YOU! You make this site what it is. Our passion for BlackBerry and everything we do on the site is a reflection of our community. Our forum community freak'n rocks! We give it all we got in running the site, and you guys give it all you have in making it awesome. And because of that ongoing commitment from all of us, over the years CrackBerry has risen to the position it is in now.

Bottom line, CrackBerry is the heart and soul of BlackBerry. Has been since the day we launched, and always will be!

Kevin

PS. Oh yeah, and if you think CrackBerry is good now, just wait until you see the relaunch of the site and new BB10 app. We're coming up on six year anniversary and it's going to be the best present EVER.
    02-01-13 05:18 PM
    I'm a little late to the party even though I lurked for about 5 years before registering. I agree that the community is amazing from help, advice, hybrid development, etc. BUT, none of this would be possible without the passion of the Founder and the Crackberry crew. You folks are the framework that everything else builds off of. Thanks for all you do, I'm so glad to be a part of it.
    02-01-13 05:37 PM
    It is very stimulating for the mind. Love Crackberry. V!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 05:41 PM
    The one (>3.5 million) thing(s) that makes CrackBerry the best is (are) The Members. Without the contribution of the members CrackBerry would be no more than the other wannabee sites.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 06:07 PM
    Well, as Founder and Editor in Chief... I like to take all the credit. It's all me!

KIDDING.

No, seriously. CrackBerry is the biggest and bestest for a LOT of reasons.

And it all started the day we launched (read the press release). Our initial vision was never to be a news site. Rumors and news posts come and go. That's the minor part. That appeals to a small % of hardcore people (who we love), and those kinds of posts are a commodity. The key to CrackBerry is that we're passionate and dedicated to building the best resource for ALL BlackBerry users.

Literally. Our goal is to help people get the most possible out of their BlackBerry ownership experience. We want to make your ownership experience literally more enjoyable.

When it comes to content on the homepage, I focus on five things: Inform, Enlighten, Entertain, Engage and Reward. Some posts do all five. Some posts only do one. But that gives us a guiding principle. As long as we're hitting that mission with everything we publish, we're always heading in the right direction. I know we can never please everybody with every post as everybody is in a different position (newbie, expert, casual reader, hardcore techy, etc).

Also, I don't think of us as a news site. We're a service provider to BlackBerry owners. News is a service. Help is a service. Getting apps, accessories, ringtones, wallpapers, unlocking your device, are all services. Our blogs, forums and store are tools for delivering those services. And to me they are all equally important. And where I believe we can deliver the best services, we are relentless about trying to do that, because of our ongoing mission. I get kinda mad when people sum as up as a news site or fan site or forum. When you really look at it, we are SO. MUCH. MORE. We're really an all encompassing resource.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY... CrackBerry is successful because of YOU! You make this site what it is. Our passion for BlackBerry and everything we do on the site is a reflection of our community. Our forum community freak'n rocks! We give it all we got in running the site, and you guys give it all you have in making it awesome. And because of that ongoing commitment from all of us, over the years CrackBerry has risen to the position it is in now.

Bottom line, CrackBerry is the heart and soul of BlackBerry. Has been since the day we launched, and always will be!

Kevin

PS. Oh yeah, and if you think CrackBerry is good now, just wait until you see the relaunch of the site and new BB10 app. We're coming up on six year anniversary and it's going to be the best present EVER.
    Don't "kid" yourself it is you. The rest of your team such as Blaize is a bonus.
    BergerKing and bbfan1040 like this.
    02-01-13 06:13 PM
    Yup, there are members here dedicated that make this a virtual home, and contribute to many factors that make CrackBerry a different place to be. I've spent time with a number of folks who have been active since the early days, as there were only about 600 K members when I discovered my first BlackBerry. I benefited from guys like BigBadWulf, exelant, AG, and a whole host of others, not named, because there are just so many of them. Several are friends beyond the forums, now, even if we don't get to spend enough time in person. The stories, the challenges, and making the experience better for others is what makes CrackBerry a success.
    02-01-13 06:17 PM
    I'm new...google searched and voila...well done indeed.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 06:18 PM
    STOP!!! friggin' tease, tease, tease!!!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 06:22 PM
    2 GREAT reasons,,, solid info, (if you learn to read between the lines & ignore the small degree of fools that lurk here), & the interaction of the community,,, as you can see the Boss is very involved in the day to day goings on,,, & you will get, for the most part, honest opinions, for or against, any particular subject @ hand...
    jakie55 and BergerKing like this.
    02-01-13 06:26 PM
    I would just add that it is Kevin and his team's :
    (1) Conviction
    (2) Loyalty
    (3) Dedication
    (4) Investment in the Crackberry community.
    They believe in Blackberry w/o a shadow of a doubt. In addition, the moderators, wherever they may reside, really want to help. They want to take out the trash, and help those new/returning to BB community. imho. A team is only as good as there weakest link. There are NO weak links on Team Crackberry! From a US veteran, Team Crackberry, I thank you for your service to us.
    02-01-13 06:41 PM
    Yeah something about Crackberry even when I had iOS and now Android
    the other forums don't let you feel at home like crackberry. I will always
    come back for more regardless The mods are great at keeping things under
    control and giving us the best info
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 07:16 PM
    Crackberry is one of the reasons that i have a BlackBerry. Thanks guys I truly appreciate your help and support
    DjDante and BergerKing like this.
    02-01-13 07:59 PM
    Quite simply, this is an excellent site.

I too was lurking here as a viewer and benefactor of the great knowledge before I signed up.

It's an awesome site with great information for Black-a-Holics like me and thousands of others.

Our smartphones have become such an integral part of our lives. We use them daily to help us communicate, to amuse ourselves, to manage our businesses, and to enrich our lives.
    This makes a site like CrackBerry an integral part of that enrichment process. The more you know and understand what your Berry can do, the more you will enjoy using it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 08:01 PM
    As an original member from week one, it is the people\members, period. Very good community...
    02-01-13 08:37 PM
    I think I have posted this before. A shortcut to CrackBerry.com needs to be part of the BlackBerry OS. CB.com makes your BB a better device. Very few sites make ANY product better; this site is an anomaly. Many sites in many areas would love to replicate CBs success but come up short. No other BB resource comes close to what CB.com offers. Thanks and kudos to Kevin and the CB crew for providing what we all continue to build. Go BB!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 09:20 PM
    Good point. This site has kept me around and wanting to see what's coming out of the BlackBerry world.

Crackberry is one of the reasons that i have a BlackBerry. Thanks guys I truly appreciate your help and support
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 11:10 PM
    I'm new...google searched and voila...well done indeed.
    Welcome!
    Hit the threads and learn!
    Shanerredflag and BergerKing like this.
    02-02-13 01:47 AM
    Thanks so much Kevin and the Crackberry Crew Plus Mobile nations crew you all do so much work for us !!!!!! since you in Toronto i'm a bouncer i could get you Drinks ads thanks
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-02-13 02:04 AM
    Made me addicted to tweaking and updating my bb and helping others where i can.
    Crackberry is a real asset!
    02-02-13 02:20 AM
    A Steve Jobs like leader?
    ....Sorry Kevin did I just insult you?
    02-02-13 03:20 AM
    AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE CB. I found it quite by accident back around the iPhone 3GS launch day. I'd been trying to deal with the abysmal battery life, as compared to my BB8310 and at the Apple forums someone mentioned this site. I stayed!!!! I went through all the flagship device launches here and made some AWESOME friends.

ADORE Kevin's energy, ADORE the mods, even when they give me infractions when I deserved it and a good talking down and tell me that I'm behaving in a very unladylike manner (PK and Branta!!!) and ADORE the friends I've made here, with whom I now interact outside of the forums.

This is a GREAT place for fun....for tough love when needed and for great excitement and fantastic energy. I have visited another site and RAN out of it without even creating accounts. But really, this is a phenomenal place for ACCURATE INFORMATION.

I support Crackberry absolutely. Aside from being the best BB information and enthusiast site on the web, it is a place run by ethically minded professionals, and it shows in its success.
    02-02-13 05:14 AM
    It's the people...both Kev and crew the the forums contributors.

Plus...the chicks are great.
    02-02-13 06:30 AM
31 12