I've been using bb traffic since the beta. In fact I stopped using google maps because I found the turn by turn more useful. However since yesterday the app will not work. I'm using a 9900, I've reinstalled, done numerous battery pulls but still no good.

I can get a gps lock, and search fine. The issue is it will not give me directions. It just says "determining route from network". Eventually it fails and I get a box that says unable to reach server.

Anyone have some suggestions? All software is up to date, it just stopped working
    10-15-12 12:17 PM
    Hi, another thread in the BB9900/9930 forum was started about this, and I'm glad you started this one, too. My most recent post over there reads as follows:

I have contacted RIM via three possible channels and they have ignored all three. My guess is they don't really feel they need to support this product. And as they believe their customers are only the carriers, and not users, they will not do much to respond. Blackberry is great when it works. When it doesn't, they will not help you. I'm mid-contract so I won't jump ship over THIS, but when my contract comes up, I won't be as positive about going BB10 as I once was.
    10-15-12 12:41 PM
    Same problem here, got burned yesterday looking for a restaurant and today when I sat in bad, rush houir traffic.

Whatever it is, i hope it's fixed soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    10-15-12 12:48 PM
    You're not alone. I'm experiencing the same issue. Hopefully one that will be resolved quickly.
    10-15-12 01:40 PM
    Out of Curiosity, the guys that are having trouble what carrier are you guys with?

I'm using Bell - just wondering if it is a bell issue or more wide spread.
    10-15-12 04:52 PM
    same problem with Wind Mobile as well.
    10-15-12 04:55 PM
    It's not the carrier. I phoned Bell, who patched me through to Blackberry support. The rep mentioned they are aware of the issue, and told me they are working on it. She mentioned it could take a few days to resolve.

Now here is where things got silly. She then told me I could wipe my phone, and reload everything. I asked her how that would help if the problem is with the app. She told me we could rule out issues with the phone. I said you know the app is the problem, you admitted it. So why would I spend 30-40 min wiping/reloadingmy phone and expect a different result? She said you wouldn't. So I said why the would you tell me to do it??? LOL

Anyway I guess we are waiting. PS I tried bb traffic on my wife's bb on rogers and it too was down.
    raino likes this.
    10-15-12 05:28 PM
    Strange, i have had the isssue where the route continually drops. I have to constantly. Hit update route every minute or two.
    10-15-12 06:29 PM
    Either they're migrating to Tom-Tom's database or there is something serious going on there. I get 'Unable to reach server'.

=(
    10-15-12 06:36 PM
    Finally connected as I was driving home tonight but most of the route showed green where garmin was showing reds/yellows, but interestingly it routed me around bad traffic and gave same route as the garmin.
    10-15-12 06:44 PM
    I'm in New York, i just tried. It and it seems to be working for me here. It searched for the address and started routing pretty fast (15-20 seconds). I haven't used it on a week or more so i don't know if it was down for me. I'm using a 9650 on verizon.
    10-15-12 06:46 PM
    its amazing home much you miss the app till its gone. i dont even carry my gps anymore because bb traffic is so much better. i was reduced to memorizing the route off of bb maps in order to home today.
    10-15-12 06:48 PM
    ^true. I often use the home function since I often go to different places for work each day.

Funny side note. A guy I work with got the iphone 5 last wk (he previously had the 9700). Today I told him he could lead and I would follow to our next location. He ended up calling me, and said his phone said we are here. We were in the bush, with nothing around. He might have typed the wrong address but he asked me to use my bb to get us to the right spot. I had to use bb maps but I didn't tell him that bb traffic was down
    Outrunner and mooda like this.
    10-15-12 07:04 PM
    Kawartha lakes & peterborough area is down since yesterday at least. Sucks. I've really taken this app for granted. Its worked beautifully since the day it was releAsed and kept getting better. This is the onlt time its let me down.
    10-15-12 08:21 PM
    OMG! I am Soo glad I am Not alone on this issue. MY BB Traffic let me down today. I was able to use it just fine Saturday afternoo then come This morning all heck broke loose. I was heading to a Class Field Trip and was going a diffrerent way than the original way I went Saturday because this morning I was supposed to pick up a class member but I found out , he already was getting a ride from the guy who he could not get in contact with yesterday.
    I kept getting unable to connect to server. I was soo furious! I kept restarting my phone, I un-installed the app and then reinstalled it. Darn thing still did not work.

So anyway, I was out of luck with GPS so I had to drive back to school and look up the Directions from the school computer.

Man, I can't believe I miss this app working. It makes my life so much easier! Please for the Love of GOD and everyone who relies on BB Traffic get this fixed!!!!!!!!

Carrier is ATT.
    10-15-12 08:58 PM
    No response on mine coming home from work last night. This app is/was one of the few bright spots in the otherwise dismal and third-rate BB universe.
    10-16-12 06:40 AM
    I called RIM again to see if anyone could provide an answer. They said they're aware of the outage and the issue has been escalated to the development team. There is no ETA on when it will be fixed.
    10-16-12 09:47 AM
    Working for me again after a battery pull today.
    10-16-12 01:49 PM
    It's back for me, too.
    10-16-12 02:14 PM
    Just tested mine now in Markham, ON - still failing
    10-16-12 03:44 PM
    It was up this morning but down an hour later. Up again at lunchtime, now its down. It would be fantastic if it were a yo-yo.
    10-16-12 03:48 PM
    Just tried it again and it's down AGAIN!!! OHH the horror! Other then BBM Blackberry Traffic is probably the most used app on my phone..
    10-16-12 05:03 PM
    Mine started working again this morning. Hopefully it is working for everyone else.
    10-17-12 06:34 AM
    I had the same issue Sunday...was trying to find a house in an unfamiliar neighborhood, and my GPS was dead (forgot the power cord) so I fired up BB Traffic..."unable to reach server". Tried it a second time, same result. Ended up using BB Maps and figuring out where I was going, but not near as easily.

Just tried plotting a route to work a minute ago...GPS locked on fine, but after 45 seconds it's still "Unable to reach server". This is seriously getting annoying, as I just purchased a cradle so I could use BB traffic all the time and ditch the GPS unit.
    10-17-12 07:37 AM
    Working from home today but just loaded up to test BB T and it worked - fast. Maybe we're resolved?
    10-17-12 09:09 AM
39 12