I'm not sure if anyone thought about this but what do you think the chances RIM might release a bluetooth trackpad for devices running blackberry 10. If they did, would you consider purchasing something like this. The trackpad will be the only thing I really miss when the new devices come out. I know it's a bit of a silly idea but I would purchase it. I'm addicted to using my bb bridged to my playbook and wouldn't mind a similar experience with the new phones. I know we are suppose to all get use to just our fingers but I suck with clicking on links and other little things.
    10-15-12 03:00 PM
    I think the chances are somewhere between 'not-likely' and 'non-existant'. I REALLY don't think it's a bad idea. A lot of people are really attached to their trackpads, but I don't see RIM releasing even a bluetooth trackpad... It would almost be like them saying: "we've got an amazing touchscreen, but it might not be that good, so you can try using a trackpad with it"... I just can't see it happening. Sorry.

That said, you can use a bluetooth mouse for the Playbook, so I guess that could be an option.

Si.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    10-15-12 03:20 PM
    I have become so enamored of the remote bridge feature as well. The trackpad seems to be perfectly suited to function as a mouse. I am seriously concerned about the remote functionality without a trackpad. I guess i will still be able to use my bridged 9650 if the remote sucks on touchscreen
    10-15-12 06:45 PM
    I don't see a point in including micro hdmi unless you can use a trackpad or a mouse. I guess I could use the phone as a controller when hooked up to the tv but the micro hdmi cables better be long. From everything I've heard about BB10, it should pretty much replace my playbook. Bluetooth mouse would be good enough but a handheld device no bigger than a bic lighter would be better. I know it will likely never happen even if it was made universal and works with most computers. Maybe someone will sideload bb bridge or something so I can use my 9780 .
    10-16-12 02:23 PM
    When you bridge a Bold r Torch doesn't the touchscreen act like a trackpad?
    10-16-12 02:52 PM