A Good Product without a strong fan base cannot succeed !

The Number 1 crucial element for success of a any product to have a strong base of die hard fans, they do alot of work for free and they spread your word all the time.

So that's why we are petitioning RIM to preload the CrackBerry APP with their new OS10, every new Blackberry should come with the CrackBerry APP installed already on it.

I ask everyone to show support for the site we love and use !!!

Sign the petition here:
    https://www.change.org/petitions/rim...crackberry-app

BigBadWulf, mrfreeze and JAGWIRE like this.
    04-09-12 07:12 PM
    Not to rain on the parade here but not everyone who uses a blackberry uses crackberry.
    This would be like carriers installing applications on all their phones or like hp installing a bunch of useless software on their computers.

No thanks. I want to receive my BlackBerry with no apps pre-installed; ESPECIALLY, if RIM is stupid enough to only allow apps to be stored on the RAM, instead of the hard drive, for BB10.
    Last edited by phoreoneone; 04-15-12 at 10:38 PM.
    04-10-12 12:30 AM
    i for one hates those fart apps that carrier pre-loaded to smart phones. But crackberry is different. i for sure will go for that.
    dfb8085 likes this.
    04-10-12 01:57 AM
    I love the new CB app ... But I wonder if it is BB10 (QNX) optimized since we don't have it on PB yet ...
    I'd better see CB app in the Featured section; going for all OS versions and devices !
    04-10-12 02:24 AM
    No offense but I personally do not want rim and crackberry to get too chummy.

Some distance is better I think.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 02:27 AM
    This is a business negotiation that should involve only have rim and crackberry. We don't and shouldn't represent the millions of other bb users.
    04-10-12 02:27 AM
    I hate preload third party apps.

Its my phone/Playbook and the customer should not be forced to have an
    app on their device if they do not want it there.

Nothing personal CB.

Besides, TapaTalk allows me to configure and use one app for all my forums.
    It would be a mess to have an app for each forum.

Right now CB and BB are a little to close together. I feel that the "tongues" at CB are a very hesitant to say anything bad about RIM as they might loose their "special" relationship with Thor and the group at RIM.

This is so clear in the way CB had handles bad news, attempting to spin it as a positive or ignoring it hopping it goes away. In short, CB is not objective at all when it comes to RIM.

Tim
    04-10-12 09:14 AM
    You gotta be joking..........
    fanatical likes this.
    04-10-12 10:02 AM
    Right now CB and BB are a little to close together. I feel that the "tongues" at CB are a very hesitant to say anything bad about RIM as they might loose their "special" relationship with Thor and the group at RIM.
    This, wholeheartedly. A business deal between the two will remove any sense of objectivity from this site.
    04-10-12 10:13 AM
    Cool idea, but I only like apps that I download appearing on my device. Not preinstalled carrier bloat. Even if CB was preinstalled on my BB, I would not like that because I did not get to make that decision.

Give me the OS stock with native/core apps only. I'll install the extras.
    04-10-12 10:38 AM
    LOL... WHY ??? do you anticipate it being that difficult to navigate to appworld and install apps on BB10 ?? Seriously..... Why would they preload some CB app ? please answer *shrugs*
    04-10-12 12:33 PM
    Crackberry.com is the #1 fan base site for BB users and fans. We have 3M users and over 8M visits every month. It is a huge wealth of information and knowledge be you a noob or a seasoned user. You can still delete the app if you dont want it after you get your BB10 but im sure there are A LOT of people out there that would love the help that CB can provide them. CBK was already in talks and asking devs to redo the app for him this way they will be doing it for the intire 75M of us BB users and not the 3M CB users.
    04-10-12 03:11 PM
    i for one hates those fart apps that carrier pre-loaded to smart phones. But crackberry is different. i for sure will go for that.
    Show me one device with a Fart App pre-loaded from the manufacturer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-12 03:15 PM
    Not to rain on the parade here but not everyone who uses a blackberry uses crackberry.
    This would be like carriers installing applications on all their phone or like hp installing a bunch of software on their computers.

No thanks. I want to receive my BlackBerry with no apps pre-installed.
    I agree with this. I love Crackberry to death, but I would also prefer that my phone comes with no pre installed apps.
    04-10-12 03:33 PM
    I don't know if there is enough time to create a BB 10 native crackberry application.

Most likely what is going to happen is the crackberry themed playbook application(android) will end up on BB 10.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 04-10-12 at 04:08 PM.
    04-10-12 03:48 PM
    Shouldn't we be focusing on getting apps that will get people to buy into BB10? Kindle, Skype, etc.? I love CB, and will gladly load an app for it when I buy a BB10 device, but I see no value in preloading the app on phones.
    04-10-12 03:54 PM
    Probably not a good idea. Sadly a lot of CrackBerry is complaining. I doubt RIM wants all of their users seeing iPhone/Android/BlackBerry arguments and people complaining about defective hardware.
    04-10-12 04:02 PM
    Well, I plan to create a bb 10 native tapatalk application called "My Forums" that will compete with the android version.

I don't know if there is enough time to create a BB 10 native crackberry application.

Most likely what is going to happen is the crackberry themed playbook application(android) will end up on BB 10.
    So it won't compete with the BB version?
    04-10-12 04:05 PM
    So it won't compete with the BB version?
    What do you mean?
    04-10-12 04:07 PM
    Tis is silly lol.
    04-10-12 05:27 PM
    Probably not a good idea. Sadly a lot of CrackBerry is complaining. I doubt RIM wants all of their users seeing iPhone/Android/BlackBerry arguments and people complaining about defective hardware.

Not to mention the Moto Razor ads on the main page of a BB website. Doh!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-10-12 06:37 PM
    This would be like carriers installing applications on all their phone or like hp installing a bunch of software on their computers.

No thanks. I want to receive my BlackBerry with no apps pre-installed.
    And not everyone on CrackBerry uses a BlackBerry. Carriers do instal apps ony our phone. Ive been with both Bell and Rogers and both have come preloaded with all kinds of junk from them, same thing with computers. Every computer ive owned and ive owned different brands ive had to make a "computer junk" folder to keep all the preloaded stuff in. The great thing about a BlackBerry is that you can either delete them or 'hide' them if you dont want to use it.
    I love the new CB app ... But I wonder if it is BB10 (QNX) optimized since we don't have it on PB yet ...
    I'd better see CB app in the Featured section; going for all OS versions and devices !
    no not yet but im sure CBK is already working on it. im sure hes been workign on it for awhile now actually
    No offense but I personally do not want rim and crackberry to get too chummy.

Some distance is better I think.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    and why is that? RIM and CB are all ready chummy by giving them product to test and how muhc more chummy can you get other then the CEO calling the Editor In Chief? CB and BB are linked socially this is just the next step to helping out the BB community.
    This is a business negotiation that should involve only have rim and crackberry. We don't and shouldn't represent the millions of other bb users.
    and yet we do with all our comments and insight. CB is the biggest collection of BB users/fans out there today so why shouldnt our voice be the biggest. ive also re posted the petition to my FB which is filled with over 200 friends about 1/3 of them use BBs and only one of them are on CB.
    I hate preload third party apps.

Its my phone/Playbook and the customer should not be forced to have an
    app on their device if they do not want it there.

Nothing personal CB.

Besides, TapaTalk allows me to configure and use one app for all my forums.
    It would be a mess to have an app for each forum.

This is so clear in the way CB had handles bad news, attempting to spin it as a positive or ignoring it hopping it goes away. In short, CB is not objective at all when it comes to RIM.

Tim
    this is why you can 'hide' apps on your BB. for all those preloaded apps you don't like. We are talking about not just hte CB-Forums app but the main CB app as well. Ive comes across some MODs that dont always agree with RIM's decisions. and didnt the Bloggers just post a list of things that RIM needs to do? they didnt hold any of their comments back in that. CB "spins it" in a positive light because it is a BB fan based site. they are supposed to help keep your hope high and thoughts positive. There is a silver lining or a positive spin on everything if you look hard enough
    You gotta be joking..........
    This, wholeheartedly. A business deal between the two will remove any sense of objectivity from this site.
    how??? this is a BB fan based site, the biggest on the web how is it not objective already?
    Cool idea, but I only like apps that I download appearing on my device. Not preinstalled carrier bloat. Even if CB was preinstalled on my BB, I would not like that because I did not get to make that decision.

Give me the OS stock with native/core apps only. I'll install the extras.
    this is why we are signing a petition for it so you have the chance to make the decision.
    LOL... WHY ??? do you anticipate it being that difficult to navigate to appworld and install apps on BB10 ?? Seriously..... Why would they preload some CB app ? please answer *shrugs*
    They would preload CB due to its assistance it has had on the BB community. 8M people flock to CB every month for news/information and help. yes the amount of trolls and haters out there have increased but that what happens when things get popular they are open to more discrimination.

the DEVs are working on it already. i dont have proof on this but im sure that they are . CB is the biggest supporter for BB/RIM why would they not be one of the first ones out the gate when BB10 is launched.
    04-11-12 07:54 AM
    this is why we are signing a petition for it so you have the chance to make the decision.
    Nope. You're signing a petition in the hopes to make a decision for millions of others. The person you're replying to clearly states he's against it being pre-installed.
    04-11-12 08:01 AM
    Shouldn't we be focusing on getting apps that will get people to buy into BB10? Kindle, Skype, etc.? I love CB, and will gladly load an app for it when I buy a BB10 device, but I see no value in preloading the app on phones.
    those are apps that are out of our control. it is up to those companies to join in on the BB experience. What would the difference be in preloaded VS you downloading yourself??
    I see your point. but there are still a lot of good people on the forums to help new users with their issues and help thme understand what a BB does and how it can make their life easier. Plus the app we are wanting to preload isnt just the forums app but also the main Cb app as well. or even combine them with HTML5, im not a DEV so im sure how or if that is possible.
    Tis is silly lol.
    why??
    Not to mention the Moto Razor ads on the main page of a BB website. Doh!

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    what i agree is silly. and how there is a huge banner for us to watch/read the new HTC review. that should be on AC not CB. but then again one could argue that you have to understand your enemy to know what you don't like about them. you cant just not like something just because you have to know about it for make an informed decision.
    Nope. You're signing a petition in the hopes to make a decision for millions of others. The person you're replying to clearly states he's against it being pre-installed.
    75M actually. then the person can 'hide' it when they get their new BB10. there is only 3M people registered on this site. i know a lot of people that are huge BB fans but have no idea that CB exists. this is a way to help promote our favorite site as well and help RIM/BB through a difficult time.
    04-11-12 08:15 AM
    Bump!!!!!!
    04-11-12 10:46 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD